Alphonso Davies

Northvansteve

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

While watching from the far end when the play happened my first thought was the Jamaican player had come in fairly hard to take Davies out and I was thinking he might be booked.  That is until Davies reacted with the kick out.  How did it look on tv?  

The same.  There is one good replay of the kick that shows not only did he not hit him in the head, he missed the shoulder as well barely touching the shirt.  I suppose some intent was there, but that missed the mark as well because if he wanted to hit him he would have hit him.  It was more of a lashing out than an aimed kick.

I posted the above videos as a joke because he never meant to give a "Boot to the head"  :)  And as the Jamaican made a meal of the faking (I refuse to call it embellishment) it should be remembered as a joke and not taken seriously. 

Alphonso "Boot to the Head" Davies.  Should become his theme song :)

5 minutes ago, Club Linesman said:

While watching from the far end when the play happened my first thought was the Jamaican player had come in fairly hard to take Davies out and I was thinking he might be booked.  That is until Davies reacted with the kick out.  How did it look on tv?  

Retaliation.

Seeing the replays, and the decision to send Alphonso off was correct. He'll learn from this.

As for Lowe... embellishing like that in a friendly match is disgraceful; I can maybe understand doing that in a competitive match in order to get an advantage, but it's kinda lame to do that in a game that you've already lost that doesn't matter.

36 minutes ago, Blackjack15 said:

In friendlies does he miss the next match for getting a red card? Like a 1 game Suspension 

I hope not since this isn't official competition 

Any official match merits official suspensions for reds, of course. But in the next national team friendly I think it is, if given in a friendly. As this could be considered either violent conduct or play endangering the rival, it could also mean more than a single game. We need to know what the ref put in the match report to be able to anticipate what the governing body (in this case Concacaf I think) will do.

You do have cases where a red in a preseason club friendly can be annulled by the national federation.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a pretty massive difference.  

Canada has 48 players, 1 gold and 24 silvers.

The US has 371 players, 14 gold, 200 silvers.

Our average across the entire population may be less than theirs but our best 11 average is about 70 and theirs is about 77, or put another way out 2nd best player would be their 23rd best player.

4 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

Where's Cavallini, should be in the game with Puebla 

It takes time. He probably never had a FIFA rating (maybe one in the WC game?), so they need to assess him and they need a picture. It will happen because Liga MX players are mostly there. I'm guessing that he'll be on the team's roster in the default roster, but not on Ultimate team.

Archived