Alphonso Davies

Northvansteve

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Mike Thompson said:

I was wondering the same thing

Also where is Borjan?

I'll answer for those who weren't there with us last year. Borjan isn't there because Borjan plays for a club that isn't in FIFA. So, that's why you won't see James too in Ultimate Team. They might be in Canada's squad that is a different thing. 

2 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

I'll answer for those who weren't there with us last year. Borjan isn't there because Borjan plays for a club that isn't in FIFA. So, that's why you won't see James too in Ultimate Team. They might be in Canada's squad that is a different thing. 

How is the Serbian & Hungarian Leagues not in FIFA 18!? Yes I was wondering about the national team not for club 

12 minutes ago, Mike Thompson said:

How is the Serbian & Hungarian Leagues not in FIFA 18!? Yes I was wondering about the national team not for club 

Not every league can be in Fifa. Some teams are included in the game from leagues that are not in it. Such as Olympiakos and Shakhtar Donetsk

Just now, Blackdude said:

From the looks of it:

Borjan, Jakovic, James and Aird will be on the national team. They actually used the  Gold Cup team minus Davies for reasons mentions above. Still, you should be able to add players who are in FIFA with theri club like Hutchinson.

I believe the national teams are based on the most recent call ups

17 minutes ago, Macksam said:

PES 2018 is superior as usual. I encourage everyone to save their hard earned dollars and buy that instead of FIFA.

Unless you're on Xbox. I prefer PES, but without the PS4 only option files to add leagues/teams to the game PES feels like an incomplete game. Football Manager over all tough.

12 hours ago, harrycoyster said:

England's average rating is also a 63. It's a completely meaningless stat. 

The stat refers to all the players of that nationality in the game. And there's a lot of shite English players playing in League 2

1 hour ago, harrycoyster said:

Almiron is from Paraguay...and don't put any stock in this 24u24 list. It's a popularity contest.

Right I forgot. So many Argentines in Atlanta I had mistaken him for one. Almiron is regular for Paraguay and has a bright future.

As for the list being a popularity contest, yes of course! It's great for our players to get recognition even though it's just a popularity contest! Our guys can use all the recognition they can get lol

Along wih Larin, the majority of Americans believe Fonzie is over ranked. I can understand the hate for him though, he only makes sub appearances (although he is still 16) and still has not scored

21 minutes ago, canta15 said:

Along wih Larin, the majority of Americans believe Fonzie is over ranked. I can understand the hate for him though, he only makes sub appearances (although he is still 16) and still has not scored

He's basically only on the list because of his age and the fact that he's Canadian. Jordan Morris being on the list is a crime, though.

#4 Davies: 890 mins, 0 goals, 1 assist.

#7 Morris: 1800 mins, 3 goals, 1 assist.

Players that only got honorable mentions:

Abu Danladi: 1100 mins, 7 goals, 1 assist.

Julian Gressel: 1700 mins, 4 goals, 9 assists.

You knew Morris would be there despite being awful this season.. he was tied with Davies for goals at the Gold Cup which explains the inclusion for both of them.  Fair to be honest if you lit up a higher stage.. plus Davies has 2 goals this season despite not scoring in MLS. 

I'm surprised Piette isn't on the list, when I saw Tabla earlier I thought for sure he would be on.  I also think Edwards would have been a shoo in if he kept up his minutes. 

The Guardian: Next Generation 2017: 60 of the best young talents in world football

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...0-of-the-best-young-talents-in-world-football

• Canada: Alphonso Davies (Vancouver Whitecaps) At just 16, Alphonso Davies has achieved some remarkable things at senior level. In July he became the youngest player to score at the Gold Cup at 16 years, eight months and five days old. The hard-working, delightfully technical and scarily fast Canadian was also named the Best Young Player at the tournament, where he picked up the Golden Boot for his three goals. Capable of playing across the attacking line, Davies excels at moving into pockets of space between the full-back and centre-back, where his direct running towards goal or his willingness to stretch the play wide can be factors in developing dangerous attacks.

Our boy made it on the list :D

1 hour ago, Ansem said:

The Guardian: Next Generation 2017: 60 of the best young talents in world football

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...0-of-the-best-young-talents-in-world-football

• Canada: Alphonso Davies (Vancouver Whitecaps) At just 16, Alphonso Davies has achieved some remarkable things at senior level. In July he became the youngest player to score at the Gold Cup at 16 years, eight months and five days old. The hard-working, delightfully technical and scarily fast Canadian was also named the Best Young Player at the tournament, where he picked up the Golden Boot for his three goals. Capable of playing across the attacking line, Davies excels at moving into pockets of space between the full-back and centre-back, where his direct running towards goal or his willingness to stretch the play wide can be factors in developing dangerous attacks.

Our boy made it on the list :D

Really cool that they continually update their old lists. Crazy to see how many of the kids that were on the 2014 list have completely burned out and that Mbappe didn't make the list for 98ers, despite France getting four player slots.

Archived