Liam Fraser

shamrock

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I’m sure there’s a perfectly good stupid reason why TFC didn’t just sell him direct to Dallas, but that’s so funny. In any case, looks like he’s signing with Dallas:

good landing spot for him.

I always find it funny when teams higher in the standings find TFC cast offs useful 

8 hours ago, saladroit said:

dallas just signed illarramendi from real sociedad so who knows how much time fraser will get 

Good point, but Illara has taken a step down, he's slowing a touch. And to me is not as ambitious as he once was. He's 33. Then he has to adapt. I am just making the argument, and I am usually over the top with Spanish players, but I think Fraser will have his role and Illara won't be a dominant player in MLS.

14 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

I’m sure there’s a perfectly good stupid reason why TFC didn’t just sell him direct to Dallas, but that’s so funny. In any case, looks like he’s signing with Dallas:

The only way I can figure this is that there was a mini-bidding war for Fraser.  Seems like his representation let MLS know that he was available and Minnesota were the first to act because they actually wanted him but then Dallas wanted him more.

TFC clownery-aside, this is actually a pretty good sign for Liam.  Hope he shows what he can do.

27 minutes ago, El Hombre said:

The only way I can figure this is that there was a mini-bidding war for Fraser.  Seems like his representation let MLS know that he was available and Minnesota were the first to act because they actually wanted him but then Dallas wanted him more.

TFC clownery-aside, this is actually a pretty good sign for Liam.  Hope he shows what he can do.

Someone explained it on Twitter as Minnesota bought his rights, couldn’t sign him (how?), then Dallas wanted him so paid them to refund Toronto and paid $50k as a fee to Minnesota.

Dallas is a good org. Pretty good spot to land from Deinze.

On 8/5/2023 at 9:23 AM, InglewoodJack said:

Someone explained it on Twitter as Minnesota bought his rights, couldn’t sign him (how?), then Dallas wanted him so paid them to refund Toronto and paid $50k as a fee to Minnesota.

Dallas is a good org. Pretty good spot to land from Deinze.

Sounds like classic MLS fun.  Either way, great to see that Fraser is wanted by two decent sides in MLS.