Liam Fraser

shamrock

Anyone know what’s up with his injury? Not in the squad today for the Europa conference match against Trabizonspor, FotMob says he picked up a knock. 

also the game is being held in Turkey- this may be the first game held since the earthquake? Trabzon is on the Black Sea coast, so very far from the epicentre.

4 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

Anyone know what’s up with his injury? Not in the squad today for the Europa conference match against Trabizonspor, FotMob says he picked up a knock. 

also the game is being held in Turkey- this may be the first game held since the earthquake? Trabzon is on the Black Sea coast, so very far from the epicentre.

I thought I had missed a very big transfer in Fraser’s career… I believe you are posting in the wrong Liam topic

14 minutes ago, Fresh Prince of MTL said:

I thought I had missed a very big transfer in Fraser’s career… I believe you are posting in the wrong Liam topic

Oh wow, my bad. Searched up Liam Miller and clicked on the wrong thread it seems. 

to confirm, Liam Fraser is also not playing in any Europa conference league games today.

2 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Oh wow, my bad. Searched up Liam Miller and clicked on the wrong thread it seems. 

to confirm, Liam Fraser is also not playing in any Europa conference league games today.

I was perplexed there, trying to figure out what I had missed.....  was convinced it was more proof that i'm getting old....

mind you, i am turning 50 in May, sooo.......

• 4 months later...
1 minute ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Just pointing out his omission from Gold Cup. As far as I know, he played regularly toward the end of the season for Deinze. Seems strange since Herdman usually rates him so highly. Is he injured?  

Probably just not playing at a high enough level

1 minute ago, DeRo_Is_King said:

Just pointing out his omission from Gold Cup. As far as I know, he played regularly toward the end of the season for Deinze. Seems strange since Herdman usually rates him so highly. Is he injured?  

He’s been solid enough for us whenever he has played but he’s 25 and still playing in Belgium 2nd tier. That shouldn’t be anywhere near good enough for a roster spot unless we’re sending out a C team

6 minutes ago, Floortom said:

He’s been solid enough for us whenever he has played but he’s 25 and still playing in Belgium 2nd tier. That shouldn’t be anywhere near good enough for a roster spot unless we’re sending out a C team

Definitely. Hopefully, he progresses to a better league. 

• 3 weeks later...

To me Fraser is the same type of player he was with TFC. Can distribute the ball well from deep. He's not a strong tackler 1v1, not defensively sound for  #6, not physical given his size and doesn't have the skill on the ball to be a #8. He may be OK for our B team but really should not be with our A team unless he steps up in some of the other aspects of his game.

He is what he is.  He understands his role with Herdman's style of play and that's why he was called up as a midfield replacement.  He battled out there to the best of his abilities like everyone else, and I appreciate that.  Too bad about the penalty but so be it.  Likely gets more or less a lateral move at club level.

I've never rated Fraser, but have come to appreciate him for what he is - a journeyman who steps in and gives you what he's got.  Unfortunately, what he's got isn't particularly noteworthy or exciting, and at age 25, it's not likely to become so.  And I think that's the issue - there are just not a lot of second division European teams scouting other leagues for journeymen, and unless he's got some great recent film and an active agent with contacts, I don't know how he even gets in the door.  I think his best bet is someone from Belgian Division B picking him up.  Or maybe coming back home.  🙁

I think coming back to MLS is best for Fraser. It's a good league that's always getting better and a perfect league for the level of player he is.

His ceiling is probably a strong SPL club outside Celtic/Rangers, a strong club outside the top 5 in Belgium, or possibly a heavy hitter in Scandinavia (Rosenborg, Molde, Hacken, etc...maybe not Malmo or Copenhagen though). 

Considering this, is it really worth his while to stay over there? Come back to MLS and work on being a starter. I certainly back him to do that. At Columbus he was getting close to that level. 

If he can come back and eventually start. At that point I think his calls will be justified. Otherwise he just feels like a band aid, which is a shame for a guy who is still only 25 and has his prime in front of him.

Edited by Obinna

4 hours ago, jordan said:

Not in the initial training camp announcement, likely getting a break that will leave him on the bench to start the season 

Is it possible something is in the works? Any rumours out there? How long is his contract. Very hard to believe Fraser at 25 doesn't have interest from somewhere better than Dienze. He came into our NT and did fairly well. 

That the worst part, I really like Fraser, thought he could have replaced you know who at Tfc, or at least kept him as the understudy as long as he actually got minutes.  He always puts in a decent shift for CMNT, but geeeesh, calling a guy who just cant get anything going at this low a level, thats hard to justify.  Herdman rants about how players dont have winning mentality and should be pushing club game and higher and higher leagues....Fraser is the antithseis of this, and he gets rewarded over and over with calls and games.  Like when your teachers said dont smoke, but you saw them all smoking in the teachers lounge...yeah i know I'm old.. it was when u could smoke in school.  

• 2 weeks later...