Nana Attakora

PJSweet

5 hours ago, masster said:

Johnson has shown a level of ability in his career that Attakora has been nowhere close to. Thus the excitement. 

Yea....I'd rather not have him playing rb and have him playing midfield. Ricketts also played rb for a time and did well at it. Floro wisely didn't stick him there.

Edited by matty

2 hours ago, matty said:

Yea....I'd rather not have him playing rb and have him playing midfield. Ricketts also played rb for a time and did well at it. Floro wisely didn't stick him there.

I'm not sure Johnson is a clear-cut starter in midfield.

At times he played second fiddle to Osorio and Cooper in Toronto. He never did reclaim a starting position in Portland. Now he is not even playing midfield for Orlando. 

I don't know. We'll have to see how Zambrano sets us up. Let's just say i'd rather have Johnson starting at RB than on the bench. 

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
2 hours ago, Zem said:

Finally back from injury today, starting for Ottawa at home against Bethlehem Steel. He's been incredible in the first half, multiple excellent blocks and tackles, you can hardly tell that he hasn't played a game in 6 months.

Except for one time he simply kicked the ball out when he wasn't under too much pressure. Great game though; some great defensive headers. 9/10.

Got Man of the Match last night in his season debut. Here's one play in particular that stuck out, after he got caught out of position:

Also, I don't remember the last time I watched an interview from him, but you sure can tell why MDS made him team captain in San Francisco. I'm sure he'll eventually take that role again in the CPL.

• 1 year later...

Nana apparently signed with the Oakland roots FC.  For some reason the link to the twitter report got stuck on the Ottawa CPL page. Nothing on the team website yet.  They have some former MLS guys on their roster, does anyone know what level of play this NISA league is??  

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Seems a little young for him to quit (someone should tell Ciman you dont have to hang on until you pass out on the field). but good to see another potential coach get his start.  He was kind of snakebit with injuries (concussions) right when he seemed to be taking off (SJ and TFC).    TO this day my fav CB pairing for TFC was Cann and Attakora.  He was the first young CDN prospect at TFC I really pulled for.  Before Lyndsay, Morgan and henry, before Osorio and Quillan Roberts, Hamilton and Edwards, Fraser, Dunn and Okello and now Rutty/Nelsen/Priso.  Hopefully he finds success and a head coaching job somewhere in the pyramid before too long.  Maybe someday come back and take over the national team.