Nana Attakora

PJSweet

I thought he had said something about personal issues and he had needed a change of scenery, but maybe that was why he was shipped out of TFC.

IIRC length of contract was an issue too. Didn't want to commit to a long contract bc he wanted to try for Europe eventually

Excellent recognition. Keep up that form and he'll make the MLS top 24 under 24 list (if he's still young enough to qualify).

I think he's too old as he'll be 24 this season. CJ Sapong and Luis Silva were both 88s on last year's list but they have December birthdays.

• 9 months later...
Great move indeed! I hope he even surpasses the level he used to be at! For that though he will need to get minutes. Do you guys think he can be a starter for them?

as of right now, yes. the other guy, Ethan White, is depth level. They do have an exciting HG guy Jalen Robinson or something just signed, but he's few years away.

I'd think DC is either signing a GA CB in the superdraft, or looking to get a veteran MLS CB. until that happens, Attakora has every chance to be Boswell's partner as starting CB.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Just on the Deltas site (which they've finally updated) and it seems like Nana is being used as the FACE OF THE TEAM! He's the sole player on the main page (other than jackson who is in the bottom corner of the page) and the header image for the roster page. Likely non-news but kind of neat, he might be a big part of the teams outreach I'm guessing

Edited by matty

2 hours ago, matty said:

Just on the Deltas site (which they've finally updated) and it seems like Nana is being used as the FACE OF THE TEAM! He's the sole player on the main page (other than jackson who is in the bottom corner of the page) and the header image for the roster page. Likely non-news but kind of neat, he might be a big part of the teams outreach I'm guessing

I will love to see him in the CPL come 2018. He will do so well there.

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, Jahinho Guerro said:

let's hope this translates to something. However since he's playing with Dos Santos, it probably will.

Everyone's been sucking Johnson's dick when it comes to RB lately but let's not forget Attakora has been a rightback for the last 2 seasons and earned acclaim from the NASL. Of the 3 Canadians at the Deltas, Attakora should be seen as  Gold Cup contender.

On 3/17/2017 at 9:35 AM, matty said:

Everyone's been sucking Johnson's dick when it comes to RB lately but let's not forget Attakora has been a rightback for the last 2 seasons and earned acclaim from the NASL. Of the 3 Canadians at the Deltas, Attakora should be seen as  Gold Cup contender.

Well put. I hope the new coach is paying attention.