Kosi Thompson

VinceA

6 hours ago, OhCanadaOhBaby said:

Wrong thread. This is Kosi Thompson, not Kobe Franklin lol. Kosi is not starting for TFC 2

Apparently there is also a player on TFC named Kosi Henry:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/chicharito-in-scary-top-form-lodeiro-looking-like-his-old-self-josef-not-so-much

"Bradley, as has always been his way, is getting a ton out of the kids. Guys like Lukas MacNaughton, Luca Petrasso and Kosi Henry were not considered A-Tier prospects by anybody, but each of them is out there doing more than just soaking up minutes. Petrasso, in particular, has been really impressive."

3 hours ago, Gian-Luca said:

Apparently there is also a player on TFC named Kosi Henry:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/chicharito-in-scary-top-form-lodeiro-looking-like-his-old-self-josef-not-so-much

"Bradley, as has always been his way, is getting a ton out of the kids. Guys like Lukas MacNaughton, Luca Petrasso and Kosi Henry were not considered A-Tier prospects by anybody, but each of them is out there doing more than just soaking up minutes. Petrasso, in particular, has been really impressive."

Ahahaha funnier is that MacNoughton is 26?

Hmmm, I remember last year after 3-4 games it was "lets play the kids" and we were all gushing over Singh and Priso.  I am super surprised that Kosi and Petrasso etc are doing as well as they are.  I watch as much TFC2 as I can stand and he didnt jump out to me as the next kid to make the jump.  Kudos to him thought and to the staff for playing the kids, hopefully it'll keep going and he can keep banging in wonder goals all season.  

34 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Hmmm, I remember last year after 3-4 games it was "lets play the kids" and we were all gushing over Singh and Priso.  I am super surprised that Kosi and Petrasso etc are doing as well as they are.  I watch as much TFC2 as I can stand and he didnt jump out to me as the next kid to make the jump.  Kudos to him thought and to the staff for playing the kids, hopefully it'll keep going and he can keep banging in wonder goals all season.  

Same here (watching TFC2), I thought he was good for TFC2 last year, but not 'first-team ready'. Figured he needed another year at TFC2. Always good when I'm mistaken and a player makes the jump (and is ready for it instead of it being too early)

• 2 weeks later...

Awarded with "Pass of the Week" by Matt Doyle, who also goes on rip Bradley & Pozeulo (without naming them)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/miami-get-it-right-with-campana-new-beginnings-in-sj-and-dc-reynoso-runs-the-sho

"Things went really, really badly from there for the Reds (the final score of 5-4 belied how one-sided this game actually was). NYCFC, playing their fifth home opener of the year put the pedal down and just started ripping the visitors apart and raining goals – some from the break, others from the press, and all at least partially because TFC can not cover ground or win the ball in central midfield. Everybody gets a free run."

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Far from the finished product but a nice looking player. Hopefully TFC see him as a midfielder and not a fullback as he looks better in the midfield. 

Glad this got bumped. He isn't looking out of place at all imo, definitely lots to improve on but looks like a low key solid MLS level player.

He will surely be a big player for the U20's next month, assuming TFC let him go. I expect him to be a squad player as @Dominic94says, once others return but he has done himself and his development no harm. 

I get that he's still young and developing, but it's hard for me to tell what type of midfielder he is or what his strengths are. He's had a few nice moments but has generally just been in the background. Compare that to kone who, even when he's bad, you can tell tell the type of player the kid is.  With Thompson I have a very hard time projecting anything

5 hours ago, Floortom said:

I get that he's still young and developing, but it's hard for me to tell what type of midfielder he is or what his strengths are. He's had a few nice moments but has generally just been in the background. Compare that to kone who, even when he's bad, you can tell tell the type of player the kid is.  With Thompson I have a very hard time projecting anything

Probably because he's technically a winger lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

He has logged quite a few consecutive starts for the club but his play on the ball has been undermined by too many easy possession losses.  As we hit the dog days of MLS and with a very experienced LB now on the opposite side of the backline, it might be a good time to give this young guy a rotational break:  see what Marshall-Rutty or Chung can do.