Tani Oluwaseyi

Shway

13 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The defenders we so slow to close him down but that shot is quality.

I'm one week into the new season in highlights and all I see are teams not closing down, exposed wide and top of the box, getting stupidly stripped, poorly positioned defending.... it's an endemic problem in MLS and for me takes away a lot from it's entertainment value. 

Did I mention bad keeping?

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

16 hours ago, Jack1997 said:

What a finsh holy shit, this kid is something special. I think we need to pay more attention to him.

Ok let's hear it, what other nation is he eligible for? Seems like it's like that for every young player.😀

5 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

Ok let's hear it, what other nation is he eligible for? Seems like it's like that for every young player.😀

Nigeria.

Somebody should probably update his Wikipedia lol

Edited by narduch

So how many Canadians scored  so far this week  in various leagues across the world ? I think 5 or 6 that I know of , but that one has to be up there with the goal of the week or close to it by a Canadian this week . However , a pretty good week for Canadian players when it comes to scoring .

Edited by SoccMan

18 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I have to admit - of all the young prospect guys, he is probably the one I know least about.  Don’t think I have seen a second of him on the field.  

Its wild we have so many young striker prospects around the mls level. 
1. Tani
2. Cambridge
3. Afrifra 
4. Johnson
5. Kerr
6. vilsaint
7. Mbongue 
8. KSB
9. Pascius 
10. Akinola.... Ish 
edit: 11. JRR

I feel like its been difficult to get a proper feel for a few of these guys. 

Edited by Bigandy

39 minutes ago, Bigandy said:

Its wild we have so many young striker prospects around the mls level. 
1. Tani
2. Cambridge
3. Afrifra 
4. Johnson
5. Kerr
6. vilsaint
7. Mbongue 
8. KSB
9. Pascius 
10. Akinola.... Ish 

I feel like its been difficult to get a proper feel for a few of these guys. 

It's great for Tani but let's curb the enthusiasm a little. He'll be 24 in May. Do you know how old David is? He turned 24 in January.

If you're looking at it from the point of view that there are many Canucks making a living at pro ball then it's great. However,  if you're looking at it as future stars for the national team, it doesn't look as great. 

27 minutes ago, Sal333 said:

It's great for Tani but let's curb the enthusiasm a little. He'll be 24 in May. Do you know how old David is? He turned 24 in January.

If you're looking at it from the point of view that there are many Canucks making a living at pro ball then it's great. However,  if you're looking at it as future stars for the national team, it doesn't look as great. 

Im not sure why you're trying to curb the enthusiasm.

We have 10 players who are strikers around mls and all young. David and Tani are young at 24 and tani is an older one on the list. 

The point isnt that we have 10 future stars. Its that theres 10 young strikers at the mls level. When have we ever had something like this before? 

We all know that david, cav, brym, larin, bair, ugbo are all higher on the list with many more young guys like michel or lopez around. The liklihood more than 1 of the 10 makes the national team in any meaningful way is slim but theres no need to act like im saying they are stars just so you can put them down. unnecessary negativity imo. 

9 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

For reference, Ayo is also 24 so I don't consider him a prospect anymore.  He is a guy that needs to be taking that next step into mid-career consistency.  

lots of these guys are 21-24. All near the verge of becoming mid career consistency within a couple years. 21-24 is still young in their careers. Lots of these guys are in their first to second pro seasons. If a guy like tani or ayo take this year to get sporadic starts and then next year become starters, thats a huge success imo. 

• 4 weeks later...