Tani Oluwaseyi

Shway

I kinda want to see him stay in USL all year and watch him and put up video game stats and help Zouhir keep having an awesome season, but wouldn’t mind seeing him play for Minnesota and seeing what happens. No clue how to project MLS performance based on USL but what he’s doing now is insane. If JRR can get on the national team for MLS Next Pro golden boot, Tani shouldn’t be far off if he gets called back to Minnesota.

19 minutes ago, InglewoodJack said:

I kinda want to see him stay in USL all year and watch him and put up video game stats and help Zouhir keep having an awesome season, but wouldn’t mind seeing him play for Minnesota and seeing what happens. No clue how to project MLS performance based on USL but what he’s doing now is insane. If JRR can get on the national team for MLS Next Pro golden boot, Tani shouldn’t be far off if he gets called back to Minnesota.

JRR is the guy that comes to mind about predicting MLS performance based on USL success.  He lit up USL and when he is called into the first team he seems to do fairly well.   Tani’s numbers definitely suggest he could contribute at the MLS level.   

40 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

JRR is the guy that comes to mind about predicting MLS performance based on USL success.  He lit up USL and when he is called into the first team he seems to do fairly well.   Tani’s numbers definitely suggest he could contribute at the MLS level.   

I would argue that Next Pro, where JRR was a stand out, is a way lower level than USL Championship. 

Personally think it's nuts that Minnesota isn't calling him up.

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

Yeah, I rate Next Pro much lower than USL- at least from what I know, USL is a better league than the CPL and Next Pro isn’t far off from L1O. But if JRR can still look fairly solid on Columbus, I think Tani certainly deserves a very similar chance. Minnesota just got Pukki from Norwich so I don’t know how much he’d get to play though.
Another crazy stat is that none of his 13 goals are from penalties.

Haven't followed closely or watched his game, just a highlight here and there. Seems like a full season won't hurt him, although he is 23 already so he won't want to stay in USL too long. I think he should snatch at the chance of a recall. If it doesn't come, banging in goals won't hurt his value. 

Looks like a very good athlete who’s been banging in goals. He’s gotta be on the radar of higher level clubs with this latest performance.

I don’t see him being recalled by Minnesota at this point as they’re deep at striker. Hell TFC could take a flyer on him at this point.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, toontownman said:

https://x.com/MNUFC/status/1761596571815231512?s=20

Video of the assist. Unselfish and smart tbh.

I have no idea what the Austin defense was doing there. They allowed Oluwaseyi to run half the pitch in an onside position and then Caden Clark just passed it to him behind the defenders. 

agree that it was unselfish and smart. A little heavy on the first touch though