WCQ Ratings

Macksam

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, theaub said:

Well thankfully Sportsnet has learned from their error and is putting a potential WC-clinching match Wednesday on...Sportsnet One.  Ah. 

Watch them move it to SN world.  It wouldnt suprise me.  Who in their right mind subscibes to that channel?  If its still around.

Edited by Free kick

41 minutes ago, theaub said:

I mean they wouldn't have been wrong.  We all know the deal here, but in general its disgraceful these matches aren't on OTA.

Other than cbc what sporting events are OTA? I'd rather it be on the main network but let's not be naive

14 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

These numbers show how much the highlights of the Davies goal against Panama resonated with the country. Everybody saw that clip after the game, then throw the Phonzie homecoming narrative and the Iceteca spectacle, and you see the jump from 342k to 1.1m in less than a month. 

Exactly. Highest before the Davies goal, 393,000. Lowest after the Davies goal, 627,000.

17 hours ago, Approve My Account Pls said:

Almost a million on its own is pretty incredible. Considering it was up against Bengals/Chiefs, that makes it even better. I don't fully understand what goes into the ratings, but is it possible the Bengals/Chiefs numbers could have been inflated following the match (ie people switching over after we won)? I know there was still a decent chunk of that NFL game left to play once CAN/USA ended. 

That's what I did. I'm sure most probably flipped it after the Viking clap between the boys and the crowd. 

16 hours ago, narduch said:

NFL 

Fair point, CTV loves themselves some NFL.  But i think that just reinforces the NFL's might and how impressive it is we could draw a million against it.  Lets try making sure were on the main sports networks before we think qualifiers are gonna end up on CTV or City

• 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, Ally McCoist said:

I'm also wondering if these estimates somehow take into account watch parties. Because this game had more watch parties than any other game this cycle.

The estimates are made by people using pager-type devices that listen for signals in the broadcast to determine what channel is on. As long as the person has the pager with them and the sound on the TV is on, it doesn't matter where they are watching.

7 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Also i watched the game on fubotv. Wonder if that is accounted for. 

Those numbers are not included in TV counts.