WCQ: Canada vs Suriname - Tuesday, June 8th, 9:05pm Eastern/6:05pm Pacific - SeatGeek Stadium, Chicago

26 minutes ago, Shway said:

This. I think if there is any crossover players it will be based on how much you play next month/age/availability. Which I believe the decisions JH is taking into account for Suriname. 

I just can't see him starting Kennedy unless he proves he leaps and bounds better than Miller or Henry/ those guys for whatever reason aren't available.  

Do you share my opinion that Kennedy will probably start against Aruba in an attempt to get him acclimatized in a low risk game? Because to me this seems likely-to-guaranteed. And here's the thing, if Kennedy starts that game, plays well, and trains well at camp, it's not so hard for me to see Herdman rolling him out against Suriname. I definitely wouldn't bet on it, because the other perspective is that playing Kennedy against Aruba allows Herdman to keep Miller or Henry fresh.

Speaking of Henry, allow me to answer my own question from a few posts above...

33 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Assuming we play Henry as a LCB, then yes. Not sure that happens though. When was the last time we had a right footer there?

Sturing, Cayman Islands lol

I didn't look to smart on that one :)

Edit: Then I spelt "too" wrong. Off to a flying start this morning!

Edited by Obinna

5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

Do you share my opinion that Kennedy will probably start against Aruba in an attempt to get him acclimatized in a low risk game? Because to me this seems likely-to-guaranteed. And here's the thing, if Kennedy starts that game, plays well, and trains well at camp, it's not so hard for me to see Herdman rolling him out against Suriname. I definitely wouldn't bet on it, because the other perspective is that playing Kennedy against Aruba allows Herdman to keep Miller or Henry fresh.

I do agree with both you and @VinceA.

Not to be arrogant of Aruba, but let's be real. It's all about the preparation for the Suriname game. 
I see Herdman putting that team together in training ahead of the Aruba game, and working on the tactics/game plan. Even if Scott has a great game against Aruba, I don' t think it will change the plans. It we are successful against Suriname, then it possible to see a change for Haiti however. 

But again, Haiti is no slump...and I rather have the guys who felt the burn from them. For added extra motivation.

31 minutes ago, Shway said:

Every camp seems like our biggest camp yet, and the anticipation for roster releases increases every time for various reasons. 

And the next couple of camps will decide our participation (or not) in the Octo, and then - gods willing - the octo itself.  So you can expect the drama/anticipation/anxiety levels to continue ramping up.  

If we actually manage to make it to Qatar, we may need to look into a shared supply of Xanax.  

11 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

And the next couple of camps will decide our participation (or not) in the Octo, and then - gods willing - the octo itself.  So you can expect the drama/anticipation/anxiety levels to continue ramping up.  

If we actually manage to make it to Qatar, we may need to look into a shared supply of Xanax.  

FYP

I mean as soon as we beat Aruba and let's say we beat Suriname to go through to the next round where we would have to play Haiti in a home and away two leg playoff...we get our chance at revenge for what happened in the 2019 Gold Cup. Honestly, that is what I'm looking the most forward to first before anything.

3 hours ago, TGAA_Star said:

I mean as soon as we beat Aruba and let's say we beat Suriname to go through to the next round where we would have to play Haiti in a home and away two leg playoff...we get our chance at revenge for what happened in the 2019 Gold Cup. Honestly, that is what I'm looking the most forward to first before anything.

The only thing you said wrong is "let's say", it should be replaced by "then".😎

One thing to note is that their main man Vlijter who has been insane for them (11 goals in 8 games) has otherwise been really underwhelming at club level in Israel. I'd say he's coming in out of form but he hasn't been good all season with Beitar Jerusalem and was still scoring for Suriname. Granted the level of competition facing us will be much higher.

Has there been any mention/has anyone asked when this squad will be released. A lot of nations have already released their teams for the upcoming window.

I hope we don’t get two days before like last window....situations are different now.

2 hours ago, apbsmith said:

I'm anxiously awaiting the Suriname roster to be announced.

We pretty much already know the top 15 of our 23 man roster.

you're right, but the reality is that it could be a 30 man roster. So that's only half of the squad.

I mean, we should’ve expected that. They are theoretically out...and I’m sure he wouldn’t want to waste his time off trekking cross seas.

I know we as fans were hoping he was there to make it harder for Suriname. I still don’t think they get the result we got, so our fate remains in our hands. 

On 5/15/2021 at 5:15 AM, apbsmith said:

I'm anxiously awaiting the Suriname roster to be announced.

We pretty much already know the top 15 of our 23 man roster.

Remember, just because we don't know the roster, the coaches and players all probably already know who's in and who isn't. I'm fine with them taking their time and releasing it once the European players have concluded their seasons.

Just now, dyslexic nam said:

So for the uninformed among us, any good news?  Any bad news?  

Looks in line with expectations.  All returners from first go around plus the recent additions they announced a week or so ago.

10 minutes ago, Floortom said:

That squad is probably right there with Panama and curaçao outside of the top 6 in concacaf. They could beat us on a good day but we would obviously be favourites. It helps that we will only need a draw to beat them - they will press and hopefully we can catch them on counter.

I think they might try to absorb our attack to counter. Because if they do press us, I’m calling an easy win.

4 minutes ago, Shway said:

I think they might try to absorb our attack to counter. Because if they do press us, I’m calling an easy win.

Well we have focus on getting the job done against Aruba first before we can even think about this game. Is the job finished? Job not finished 🐍

13 minutes ago, Shway said:

Yes, i would expect a cautious affair in the first half. Eventually they will need to push for a goal though