WCQ: Canada vs Suriname - Tuesday, June 8th, 9:05pm Eastern/6:05pm Pacific - SeatGeek Stadium, Chicago

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

I wonder how big of a factor age will be for Suriname?

3 our of 7 forwards 29 years and older, 3 out of 7 defenders 30 years and older, and all 6 of their midfielders are 30 and over. Most of them have just gone through a full European season, plus they have more travel than we do and a more difficult match up leading up to their game with us. 

I know it's a one-off, but maybe they'll unravel in the 2nd half as all those factors come into play. 

Left out the "team familiarity" Bogey Man.  The bane of football minnows and sharks alike.

Alphonso Davies went live on Instagram today with Jordyn and they are still in France.

USMNT have been together training this week and doing team activities in Switzerland.  Yes, they have a friendly on Sunday but it still seems like we always have less time to prep before our games.  Assume part of it has to do with keeping the budget costs as low possible before a busy summer schedule.

13 minutes ago, Corazon said:

Alphonso Davies went live on Instagram today with Jordyn and they are still in France.

USMNT have been together training this week and doing team activities in Switzerland.  Yes, they have a friendly on Sunday but it still seems like we always have less time to prep before our games.  Assume part of it has to do with keeping the budget costs as low possible before a busy summer schedule.

The US also play on Saturday the 31st, We don't until next weekend.

1 hour ago, VinceA said:

The US also play on Saturday the 31st, We don't until next weekend.

I believe its actually Sunday the 30th.  And I did mention that as well.

1 hour ago, Corazon said:

1 hour ago, Corazon said:

Just love Alphonso and Jordyn because both are the faces of CMNT and CWNT and they are a couple in real life too

3 minutes ago, trc2014 said:

I can’t see Kennedy starting over Vitoria in this game, current club form or not.  This is Kennedy’s first camp and biggest MNT game in 10 years.

I agree, as posted in the Aruba thread, I know Herdman will start Henry at RCB so I personally went with a natural lefty at LCB. Would not be surprised if we see Vitoria though

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

given his recent form and experience, Spoony may start in midfield. Not sure what formation JH goes with but he would replace Tajon to start.  Given the importance of this game, I think JH will likely go with more vets at least to start the game. 

2 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

given his recent form and experience, Spoony may start in midfield. Not sure what formation JH goes with but he would replace Tajon to start.  Given the importance of this game, I think JH will likely go with more vets at least to start the game. 

Over eustaquio or kaye?

13 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Posted in Aruba thread but I’ll post here: how I think we lineup vs Suriname 

330FA22D-DBA3-46A3-B0E5-1B0413FDB3BD.jpeg

I'd switch Buchanan for Cavallini and then have him up top and Larin on the wing but Herdman might want to keep Cavallini as a super sub. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Piette start instead of Kaye to add defensive stability in a game where we need to be defensively sound.

4 minutes ago, sebdeserio said:

I'd switch Buchanan for Cavallini and then have him up top and Larin on the wing but Herdman might want to keep Cavallini as a super sub. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Piette start instead of Kaye to add defensive stability in a game where we need to be defensively sound.

I agree but Buchanan is fine right where he is. Cavallini is better used when he is a super sub. Piette makes better sense to be in the lineup over Kaye especially because he's more effective at holding down our midfield.

18 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

I actually like this XI against Suriname

Henry oh oh in a one game do or die scares the shit out of me  I’m sorry . But in the end when there really isn’t anyone any better your left with starting Henry. Hopefully he stays major mistake free against Surinam for his sake and the sake of Canada’s World Cup hopes . Let’s hope our talented forwards will score enough goals to overcome a classic Henry moment if it happens.

4 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Needs to be Kennedy - Vitoria. Can't handle watching Henry there in such an important game

Would be fine with that too. But I also think people here pick and choose who to beat on for past blunders. Henry/Godinho will never be forgiven, but Borjan can do no wrong (despite countless blunders I’ve seen over his career both club country and live). Henry is a top 3 CB on this team as much as Borjan is the # 1 keeper.

4 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Would be fine with that too. But I also think people here pick and choose who to beat on for past blunders. Henry/Godinho will never be forgiven, but Borjan can do no wrong (despite countless blunders I’ve seen over his career both club country and live). Henry is a top 3 CB on this team as much as Borjan is the # 1 keeper.

Henry was a disaster in the 2nd game against the US.

It's recurring.

I don't buy he can stay focused for Canada for 90 minutes

Edited by Ansem

3 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Henry was a disaster in the 2nd game against the US.

It's recurring.

I don't buy he can stay focused for Canada for 90 minutes

I can think of multiple disastrous moments for Borjan in big/small/meaningless games as well. Not to argue because I see where you’re coming from, it’s just the truth. 

2 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

I can think of multiple disastrous moments for Borjan in big/small/meaningless games as well. Not to argue because I see where you’re coming from, it’s just the truth. 

Henry's mistake have been way more impactful than Borjan

Second - Borjan is still our #1. That's not the case for Henry

4 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Henry's mistake have been way more impactful than Borjan

Second - Borjan is still our #1. That's not the case for Henry

Outside of second match vs USA, anymore examples of these impactful mistakes? Also who is ahead of Henry? Only 2 possible is Vitoria who is mid 30s and on the decline, and maybe Kennedy, who we only have a small sample size of. Kamal sits in the same boat. 

to say Kamal is better is splitting hairs. Vitoria I could agree with but not for much longer. I need to see more of Kennedy before I declare him top 2 

Edited by N1ckbr0wn