COQ | Match Thread: Canada U23 vs El Salvador U23 | March 19 @ 6:00pm EST

Shway

12 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Canada 3, El Salvador 0

Ballou 12th minute 

Dias 56th minute 

Buchanan 81st minute

Also boys, this game will provisionally cap tie Dias and dramatically increase the odds that he represents Canada at the senior level. The moment the clock hits 1 second he will need a 1 time switch to represent Portugal in any game or competition, with no promise of caps after. He would have to progress to a point where he’s a sure fire member before making that switch. Barring any poor representation, he will finish his youth international career with Canada.

I actually don't think Olympic qualifiers or Olympic Games count as official Fifa sanctioned tournaments (even though Fifa provides input on age/limitations on federations). I believe the only way you get cap tied is if you play in one of:

World Cup + WC qualifying

Continental Cups + CC qualifying

Confederation Cup

You would be provisionally cap tied if you played for any U-teams for the junior equivalents of the competitions above. 

17 hours ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

El Salvador look ready.

-They had a friendly vs Costa Rica sometime in the last 7 days but I can't find the result.

-Their press is saying that all their COVID19 tests have come back negative and there are no injuries to report so they should be able to play their strongest possible 11.

During the Costa Rica v USA pregame it was mentioned that Costa Rica defeated El Salvador 2-0 in a 60 minute match. 

45 minutes ago, JasonDias said:

I actually don't think Olympic qualifiers or Olympic Games count as official Fifa sanctioned tournaments (even though Fifa provides input on age/limitations on federations). I believe the only way you get cap tied is if you play in one of:

Confederation Cup

You would be provisionally cap tied if you played for any U-teams for the junior equivalents of the competitions above. 

This is correct I believe, though we should probably add that "Continental Cups & CC Qualifying" includes Nation League matches in Concacaf's case (technically you could play a Nation's league match which isn't a Gold Cup qualifier).

49 minutes ago, JasonDias said:

Confederation Cup

Interesting indeed. Means he would really have nothing to lose by playing here.

3 hours ago, yellowsweatygorilla said:

TMG is out

2 hours ago, JasonDias said:

TMG unfortunately, was hurt during practice. 

Perhaps an Ottawa Fury bias but I really rated him. This is a big loss for the team. 

14 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Canada 3, El Salvador 0

I don't think our defense is strong enough to keep a clean sheet vs the squad. I'd bet on a 2 - 2 draw and happy with a 3 -3 win tbh.

Lineup prediction time. I think we go with our strongest XI to start the tourney off right. Daniels for Dias if they think Dias didn’t get enough practice time in, and Norman not starting because I think he will now be a rotated CB option. 

edit: it was close between Bair and Brym for me. I chose Bair because I think Brym will be saved for potential Winger rotation/ST sub for today.

01B0C25C-DDB3-4755-BA4F-419AF573E174.jpeg

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

19 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Lineup prediction time. I think we go with our strongest XI to start the tourney off right. Daniels for Dias if they think Dias didn’t get enough practice time in, and Norman not starting because I think he will now be a rotated CB option. 

edit: it was close between Bair and Brym for me. I chose Bair because I think Brym will be saved for potential Winger rotation/ST sub for today.

I’d feel so much better with Fraser in that midfield (and more central defenders lol).

Still, looking forward to see what these boys can do. The roster is patchwork, most players are out of season, but fuck it it’s what we’ve got. 

It’s awesome to know there’s a game kicking off in 4 hours.

8 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

i like it and its actually a solid 11 obviously it would be better with tfc guys and a few others like theo, sturing but other than dias its an all MLS team. 

Can anyone tell me if streams are available to start from the beginning at any time on onesoccer?  i.e.  I could watch the Canada - El Salvador match from the beginning an hour after it starts?

The contact form on their website doesn't work for me and they ignore questions on twitter, all of which doesn't give me much confidence in their product.

24 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

i like it and its actually a solid 11 obviously it would be better with tfc guys and a few others like theo, sturing but other than dias its an all MLS team. 

Agreed. If ES were fielding a side of this quality vs us tonight I’d think we would be a little nervous LOL

8 minutes ago, lenny said:

Can anyone tell me if streams are available to start from the beginning at any time on onesoccer?  i.e.  I could watch the Canada - El Salvador match from the beginning an hour after it starts?

The contact form on their website doesn't work for me and they ignore questions on twitter, all of which doesn't give me much confidence in their product.

They are yeah. Not sure how long it takes for them to available but replays are on OneSoccer

2 minutes ago, Fullback said:

They are yeah. Not sure how long it takes for them to available but replays are on OneSoccer

I realize replays are posted, but I have this feeling they aren't available until sometime after the game is over, which would be poor.

21 minutes ago, JuicyHam said:

I was so excited for this game to finally come but today I just keep going through all the ways this team can and will disappoint us 

Don’t think about that even before it starts lol, that means your already disappointed before probably getting disappointed. You will just be disappointed twice lol. I’m looking forward to this so I’m happy mode for now .

Went with a little different lineup for this one. I think we can afford to play a bit more offensive and then we can switch it up next game if need be. This seems like a very solid lineup with a ton of pace on the wings. It's unrealistic to play 2 CBs 3 games in less than a week, so will need to rotate that somehow.

LINEUP111616180788851.png

Edited by Stryker911

50 minutes ago, lenny said:

Got an answer - no.  It's only available to watch from the beginning "sometime" after the game is over.  Very poor considering the CBC was able to let viewers  watch Olympic events on the CBC website starting from any point in the broadcast they chose, 7 years ago.

1 hour ago, lenny said:

Yesterday the USA v Costa Rica game was up when I checked 2 hours later. I know it is not like DAZN, where you can watch immediately.

Edited by Raven