COQ | Match Thread: Canada U23 vs El Salvador U23 | March 19 @ 6:00pm EST

Shway

• Shway changed the title to COQ | Match Thread: Canada U23 vs El Salvador U23 | March 19 @ 6:00pm EST
6 minutes ago, TFC2017 said:

I've read some lineup predictions and for the most part I keep seeing a 4-3-3 with

Twardek - Bair - Buchanan

Lucas Dias

Baldisimo - Metcalfe

Bassong - Cornelius - Meilleur-Giguere - Brault-Guillard

Pantemis

I'm not against this whatsoever, just want to see what everyone thinks about it

Looks good to me I would just replace Twardek with Tabla.

9 minutes ago, TFC2017 said:

I've read some lineup predictions and for the most part I keep seeing a 4-3-3 with

Twardek - Bair - Buchanan

Lucas Dias

Baldisimo - Metcalfe

Pantemis

I'm not against this whatsoever, just want to see what everyone thinks about it

Based on what we know in regard to the Covid restrictions regarding a few players....

Brym - Bair - Buchanan (Maybe Tabla on the left, push Brym to the bench or up top and push Bair to the bench)
Daniels
Baldisimo - Metcalfe
Pantemis

But since we know nothing, I'm prepared to be surprised not really.

Canada 3, El Salvador 0

Ballou 12th minute 

Dias 56th minute 

Buchanan 81st minute

Also boys, this game will provisionally cap tie Dias and dramatically increase the odds that he represents Canada at the senior level. The moment the clock hits 1 second he will need a 1 time switch to represent Portugal in any game or competition, with no promise of caps after. He would have to progress to a point where he’s a sure fire member before making that switch. Barring any poor representation, he will finish his youth international career with Canada.

Wanted to point out that Peter Galindo picked the same starting XI as mi amigo Alejandro @craquehandro 

We project the starting rosters here https://www.buzzsprout.com/1072288/8132730

Here is Peter's preview of the tournament and his starting lineup.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/article/will-canadas-men-overcome-odds-qualify-tokyo-olympics/

Screen-Shot-2021-03-18-at-10.19.38-AM.png

1 hour ago, Beer and Footy said:

Wanted to point out that Peter Galindo picked the same starting XI as mi amigo Alejandro @craquehandro 

We project the starting rosters here https://www.buzzsprout.com/1072288/8132730

Here is Peter's preview of the tournament and his starting lineup.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/article/will-canadas-men-overcome-odds-qualify-tokyo-olympics/

Screen-Shot-2021-03-18-at-10.19.38-AM.png

Looks like it’ll be Tabla on the left and Montgomery over TMG

5 minutes ago, ghostknownunknown said:

Looks like it’ll be Tabla on the left and Montgomery over TMG

Could be Tabla or Brym. I personally wouldn't start Twardek in a 4-3-3.

You need the outside wide guys to be able to create, be skillful,  take the 1v1 opportunities...and that's not his game from the times I've seen him.

2 minutes ago, Shway said:

Could be Tabla or Brym. I personally wouldn't start Twardek in a 4-3-3.

You need the outside wide guys to be able to create, be skillful,  take the 1v1 opportunities...and that's not his game from the times I've seen him.

No worries about starting Twardek, he won't be there!

3 minutes ago, gator said:

With a couple of key players being ruled out of this already depleted side my expectations are low, I am looking forward to see how the players who are there are able to do in this competition, it is going to be great to watch a meaningful Canada match again!

Depleted yes, we still got quality guys. TMG was probably as good as Callum. 
Twardek wasn't better than the options we had, and I'm quite content with his replacement be either of Abzi or Farsi. Both players are better skilfully going forward, and defensively sound.

It's bittersweet for me, cause like someone said it's tough for Kris because this was his opportunity and it was probably his last chance to impress in a MNT jersey. But I'm also excited with the potential of Farsi and Abzi who are both 3 several years younger, and who I would've had over Twardek in the first place.

1 minute ago, Shway said:

Depleted yes, we still got quality guys. TMG was probably as good as Callum. 
Twardek wasn't better than the options we had, and I'm quite content with his replacement be either of Abzi or Farsi. Both players are better skilfully going forward, and defensively sound.

It's bittersweet for me, cause like someone said it's tough for Kris because this was his opportunity and it was probably his last chance to impress in a MNT jersey. But I'm also excited with the potential of Farsi and Abzi who are both 3 several years younger, and who I would've had over Twardek in the first place.

TMG is out (as is Twardek) ...

While I am happy that Abzi and Farsi get their first caps ... this leaves Canada with two CBs....

12 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Canada 3, El Salvador 0

Ballou 12th minute 

Dias 56th minute 

Buchanan 81st minute

Also boys, this game will provisionally cap tie Dias and dramatically increase the odds that he represents Canada at the senior level. The moment the clock hits 1 second he will need a 1 time switch to represent Portugal in any game or competition, with no promise of caps after. He would have to progress to a point where he’s a sure fire member before making that switch. Barring any poor representation, he will finish his youth international career with Canada.

Canada isn’t going to let Lucas Dias get away.  He’s going to be an Olympian for Canada after all.  Wearing the maple leaf in the Olympics is a big deal.

I’m excited to see this lineup play tonight.