WCQ: Cayman Islands vs Canada - Monday, March 29th 6pm Eastern/3pm Pacific - IMG Academy Florida

As far as I can tell, this game is 2:30 PM EDT not 2:30 PM EST. Perhaps someone should change the thread title?

Cayman Islands stays on EST after this weekend, but the game is being played in Florida, which changes to EDT on Monday (like us).

Am I wrong ... and is the game at 3:30 Toronto time, and it's posted in EST, because it's a home game for the Caymans?

https://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/nccamerica/matches/match/400136218

Edited by nfitz

50 minutes ago, nfitz said:

As far as I can tell, this game is 2:30 PM EDT not 2:30 PM EST. Perhaps someone should change the thread title?

Cayman Islands stays on EST after this weekend, but the game is being played in Florida, which changes to EDT on Monday (like us).

Am I wrong ... and is the game at 3:30 Toronto time, and it's posted in EST, because it's a home game for the Caymans?

We’re all going to be refreshing the page every 2 minutes anyway on matchday.  

But point taken. 

52 minutes ago, nfitz said:

This is the minute detail nerdery that sets this forum apart. 

10 minutes ago, narduch said:

This is the minute detail nerdery that sets this forum apart. 

I'm literally trying to put the game into my calendar so I don't miss it. I'm puzzled by this one, and by the Olympic qualifier times ... which I can see two different sources which don't seem related to each other at all!

If it was on a real channel or service, I could simply record it, or watch it when I wanted. But being on the third-rate OneSoccer, one has to watch it live at the exact time - or a day or two later.

I'm sorry that such a complex question challenges you.

Edited by nfitz

7 minutes ago, nfitz said:

I'm literally trying to put the game into my calendar so I don't miss it. I'm puzzled by this one, and by the Olympic qualifier times ... which I can see two different sources which don't seem related to each other at all!

If it was on a real channel or service, I could simply record it, or watch it when I wanted. But being on the third-rate OneSoccer, one has to watch it live at the exact time - or a day or two later.

Fuck off with this bullshit attitude of yours. Why are you always such a condescending asshole?

FIFA's website lists  the game as 230pm Toronto time. Maybe if you weren't such a fucking idiot you could have discovered that yourself. 

Screenshot_20210312-203507_Chrome.jpg

Edited by narduch

2 hours ago, narduch said:

Fuck off with this bullshit attitude of yours.

I'm not really sure how a simple question trying to confirm the kick-off time, with the home-team being in EST (GMT-5) and us being in EDT (GMT-4) on game day, necessitates such poor behaviour and rudeness on your part.

Why are you always such a condescending asshole?

I really do object to you calling me condescending.

FIFA's website lists  the game as 230pm Toronto time. Maybe if you weren't such a fucking idiot you could have discovered that yourself. 

Not only did I discover that myself, I already posted above that they were saying 2:30 pm (in Bradenton local time) above, before your comment.

But as we are all aware, FIFA has posted some pretty odd and bizarre stuff before about upcoming matches, that seemed to be sourced from rumours.

The CONCACAF website has yet to show a kick-off time, despite showing a time for every other match in March except Haiti vs St. Lucia
https://www.concacaf.com/en/world-cup-qualifying-men/schedule-results-world-cup-qualifying-men#tab_team=rounds

1 hour ago, Obinna said:

This is the minute detail fuckery that sets this forum apart

That would be hour detail fuckery, not minute detail fuckery! :)

Edited by nfitz

10 hours ago, nfitz said:

This is why you are getting the hostile reaction.  The points raised were fine by all sides until this.  

1 minute ago, El Hombre said:

Was I the only that read this with a sense of pride?  I actually took it as a badge of honour.

I honestly meant it as a joke.

Didn't expect the asshole response I got.

It's ok though I'm adding him to my ignore list. This isn't the first time he's made condescending comments to other posters for no reason.

I honestly meant it as a joke.

Didn't expect the asshole response I got.

It's ok though I'm adding him to my ignore list. This isn't the first time he's made condescending comments to other posters for no reason.

And then whines about everybody being mean to him...typical traits of a douchebag.

5 hours ago, longlugan said:

And then whines about everybody being mean to him...typical traits of a douchebag.

Really? The uncivil and unnecessary hostility I've gotten from you since January for simply suggesting that Hamilton Forge might want to forfeit the Champions League spot is not cool, and unnecessary. And yet it turns out that they've done exactly what I suggested.

Name calling isn't okay. And I'm not the only one I've seen subjected to this. The treatment of Duane for example is bizarre and unacceptable.

It wasn't clear to me that kickoff for this game is 2:30 pm Eastern, based on the lack of information on almost every official site. I'm sorry for simply responding in the same kind of way I've been treated in other threads - I should be more patient.

Now am asking you and Narduch to stop too.

Edited by nfitz

The solution was Forge would forfeit their claim on the 2020 Champions League spot in exchange for a home Canadian Championship final - presumably when there's fans in the stands.

A brilliant move, I'd say. And the preceding letter was excellent in setting them up to do this. I look forward to returning to Tim Horton's to watch the match ... even if I'll be cheering for the other side this time.

Edited by nfitz

1 hour ago, nfitz said:

Really? The uncivil and unnecessary hostility I've gotten from you since January for simply suggesting that Hamilton Forge might want to forfeit the Champions League spot is not cool, and unnecessary. And yet it turns out that they've done exactly what I suggested.

Name calling isn't okay. And I'm not the only one I've seen subjected to this. The treatment of Duane for example is bizarre and unacceptable.

It wasn't clear to me that kickoff for this game is 2:30 pm Eastern, based on the lack of information on almost every official site. I'm sorry for simply responding in the same kind of way I've been treated in other threads - I should be more patient.

Now am asking you and Narduch to stop too.

Honestly...you're too ignorant to insult any more plus you've taken almost all of the fun out of it. Your hypocrisy seems boundless. I agree with the insults directed at Duane to have been unnecessary because up until recently he seemed to genuinely give unbiased opinions. Of late I have started seeing him in a bit of a different light but will still give him the benefit of the doubt because in general I feel he has Canadian soccer's best interest in mind...even if he sometimes appears misguided. You on the other hand are just a mental midget of the highest order...please enjoy the oxymoronic phrasing...it's on the house.

Oh come on ... Duane has been giving biased opinions for years, let's be realistic here - it's all shades of grey. You are correct though that he has the best interest of Canadian soccer in mind. Elsewhere he's guilted people for not supporting CPL and OneSoccer.

That doesn't justify the abuse though of anyone, ever. Even Covid-deniers! And maybe not even those who think insulting others is fun.

Edited by nfitz

On 3/9/2021 at 3:43 PM, jtpc said:

It looks like we have the missing puzzle piece on location and kickoff time!

Kickoff time: 2:30 pm

screenshot_20210309_154200.jpg

The CSA reconfirms the 2:30pm EST kickoff time and confirms that One Soccer will broadcast the match.

We have had good match streams from IMG Academy in the past (both CONCACAF youth tournaments and our senior #CanMNT match vs the U.S. Virgin Islands in 2018). The camera is placed lower as the "stadium" is very small, but the quality is still very good.

See:

https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/matchcenter/2018-09-09-us-virgin-islands-vs-canada/recap

49 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The CSA reconfirms the 2:30pm EST kickoff time and confirms that One Soccer will broadcast the match.

2:30 pm EDT.  1:30 pm EST :)

It will be good to have actual games to watch. Let's hope the Canadian MLS squads release players for this.

Edited by nfitz

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to Cayman Islands vs Canada - Sunday, March 28th 2:30pm Eastern/11:30am Pacific - IMG Academy Florida
3 hours ago, narduch said:

Cayman Islands are travelling to Suriname today for their match against them on the 24h.

https://www.caymancompass.com/2021/03/20/alfredo-whittaker-speaks-on-wc-qualifiers/

Haven't seen their roster release yet but I expect it to be mostly domestic as they only have a handful of England lower league players.

Thanks for sharing that link.

The YouTube video is here:

That interview with Alfredo Whittaker gives us an idea of what was taking place behind the scenes in a way that the CSA would never share.

First they tried to host at home but the Cayman Islands government said told them there would be no exemptions from their strict travel restrictions and quarantine rules.

Then, they contacted U.S. Soccer.
"U.S. Soccer...they asked for a lot."
It seems like the Caymans were not happy about how much $$$ U.S. Soccer was asking for, for them to be allowed to host their "home" game on U.S. soil. Even after a compromise figure it was expensive.

They first looked at hosting at Exploria in Orlando (like Canada) but that was too expensive. They decided to host at IMG Academy instead as it was cheaper.

-For these first two games they are flying from the Caymans today (Saturday) ➜ Miami (long layover) ➜ Curaçao (Monday arrival) ➜ Suriname (by charter flight from Curaçao!).
Then they enter the bubble and play their match.
Suriname ➜ Charter flight direct to Sarasota–Bradenton International Airport ( SRQ ).
The match is on Sunday March 28th but they don't fly back to the Caymans until Wednesday March 31st (they couldn't fit the whole team on the early flight back!)

The they do a 10 to 14 day quarantine upon return in the Caymans.

----

They might be bringing in some really young like players Justin Byles (16 or 17?) and Jackson Kirkconnell (17).

1 hour ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Thanks for sharing that link.

The YouTube video is here:

That interview with Alfredo Whittaker gives us an idea of what was taking place behind the scenes in a way that the CSA would never share.

First they tried to host at home but the Cayman Islands government said told them there would be no exemptions from their strict travel restrictions and quarantine rules.

Then, they contacted U.S. Soccer.
"U.S. Soccer...they asked for a lot."
It seems like the Caymans were not happy about how much $$$ U.S. Soccer was asking for, for them to be allowed to host their "home" game on U.S. soil. Even after a compromise figure it was expensive.

They first looked at hosting at Exploria in Orlando (like Canada) but that was too expensive. They decided to host at IMG Academy instead as it was cheaper.

-For these first two games they are flying from the Caymans today (Saturday) ➜ Miami (long layover) ➜ Curaçao (Monday arrival) ➜ Suriname (by charter flight from Curaçao!).
Then they enter the bubble and play their match.
Suriname ➜ Charter flight direct to Sarasota–Bradenton International Airport ( SRQ ).
The match is on Sunday March 28th but they don't fly back to the Caymans until Wednesday March 31st (they couldn't fit the whole team on the early flight back!)

The they do a 10 to 14 day quarantine upon return in the Caymans.

----

They might be bringing in some really young like players Justin Byles (16 or 17?) and Jackson Kirkconnell (17).

Thanks for doing a run down. I listened to it to.

One thing of note is that their travel is going to be brutal.

In the video they mentioned that some players would be travelling to Suriname separately. That must be their English based players. I noticed in that team pic there are only 14 players.

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to WCQ: Cayman Islands vs Canada - Monday, March 29th 6pm Eastern/3pm Pacific - IMG Academy Florida