York United Season Thread 2021

Big_M

So if the following is true:

...Club President Angus McNab has announced that the Canadian Premier League side is nearing a sellout crowd for its 2,400 restricted capacity, with healthcare regulations, broadcast camera placements, and the delay of a proposed safe standing section limiting the maximum allowed attendance at the recently renovated stadium...

And the average announced crowd for York 9 in 2019 was 2668 with a high of 4260:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_Canadian_Premier_League_season#Attendance

Hopefully I won't be getting any more grief in future on here for pointing out the reality that paid and announced attendance are often not one and the same thing.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Since you mention it so much, why dont you just assume that everyone understands that paid and announced attendance dont always match, you dont have to bring it up every game.  Most of us on here have bought tickets and have attended CPL games, so we know first hand.  

The irony being that @Ozzie_the_parrot has never actually been to a CPL game.

19 minutes ago, BuzzAndSting said:

The irony being that @Ozzie_the_parrot has never actually been to a CPL game.

Oh the irony was intentional.  I just dont want to shit too hard on guys who dont go to games.  Not everyone has disposable income (times are tough all over), and not all of us are close to even the plethora of CPL cities, let alone MLS or WCQ games eh??   Nice to see York sell out even if Mr Parrot tried his best to spin it in a negative light.  

How could the York United FC Saturday be even better?
Well they won their CPL game but one of their U-Sport draft picks scored and had an assist in League1 Ontario, Unionville Milliken SC won their Saturday night's game over Masters FA, York's first Voyageurs Cup foe.
Hear UM head coach Peyvand Mossavat praise Christopher Campoli and Daniel Rafisami.

How could the York United FC weekend be even better? part 2 If you had a League1 Ontario post match interview with Woodbridge Strikers head coach Peter Pinizzotto and ask him about former youth players Isaiah Johnston and Lowell Wright.
He also answers what it was like to coach Diego Maradona for the one time exhibition game when he played for Toronto Italia.

Robin alluded to it, but I've got to say that win on the weekend was the most satisfying for me yet as a York United fan. Great come from behind win, and I am really liking Lowell Wright. When he came on I was hoping he would get the winner, and he came through.

York United are right back in the playoff hunt. Looking forward to their next game.

11 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Happy for the York faithful, you guys took a lot of stick so far in the early stages of the CPL.  

I do it to ourselves sometimes too! But you are right, we have definitely taken a lot of stick, especially per capita. :D

On 8/11/2021 at 6:04 PM, vancanman said:

Would you mind telling me what the plans are for the ends and the other side, and a timeline?

It's first and foremost York U's stadium for U-sports gridiron and soccer so there are none where permanent seating is concerned, but there is talk of having temporary safe standing in again for a supporters section.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

On 8/13/2021 at 4:46 AM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

It's first and foremost York U's stadium for U-sports gridiron and soccer so there are none where permanent seating is concerned, but there is talk of having temporary safe standing in again for a supporters section.

Thank you.  I hope they can get the safe standing.  As for what they have now:

Am I missing something?  It looks as if they've gone from playing at real stadium to playing on a plastic rug in an open park with a grandstand on one side.  I don't see how this benefits York University either.   

With two stadiums across the road from each other, why not make one a real stadium, and the other a plastic pitch with a track and only one stand if that sort of thing is really necessary.