York United Season Thread 2021

Big_M

1 hour ago, nfitz said:

Yes, I quite like both kits! Nice to see kits that aren't simply solid colours.

I was puzzled about the reference in the website about the origins of the crest - https://yorkunitedfc.canpl.ca/article/york-united-football-club-unveils-new-identity

"The crest, inspired by local history including the old City of York crest ".

If this is a York Region team, why are they taking their crest from an area in the City of Toronto? And really, the City of York - which only existed as such from 1983 to 1998 ... and is quickly being forgotten. Essentially the Stockyards, Weston, and thsoe neighbourhoods west of the Allen between St. Clair and Lawrence.

Or is this a mistake, and they are referring to the better known old Town of York that existed from 1793 to 1834, before becoming the City of Toronto?

its not just a york region club anymore. did you miss the re-branding? they are trying to attract more fans from the city. 

On 6/12/2021 at 1:51 PM, nfitz said:

Yes, I quite like both kits! Nice to see kits that aren't simply solid colours.

I was puzzled about the reference in the website about the origins of the crest - https://yorkunitedfc.canpl.ca/article/york-united-football-club-unveils-new-identity

"The crest, inspired by local history including the old City of York crest ".

If this is a York Region team, why are they taking their crest from an area in the City of Toronto? And really, the City of York - which only existed as such from 1983 to 1998 ... and is quickly being forgotten. Essentially the Stockyards, Weston, and thsoe neighbourhoods west of the Allen between St. Clair and Lawrence.

Or is this a mistake, and they are referring to the better known old Town of York that existed from 1793 to 1834, before becoming the City of Toronto?

I think it's all of the above, trying cast a huge net, the defunct City of York, York region, Old York, and drawing from the local York U Student population by even copying the school's acronym. 

Changed again! Now a OneSoccer discount is included with season tickets. It's 27% off or because they're making it a nine month membership until March 31, 2022, it will be a net of $55. (My subscription had run out about three weeks ago and I went for a $9.99 for just one month) so this just fell into place from earlier jumping to one year = no discount code back then.

This reminds me of blundering through the vaccine registration since 2021 starting with mixed and changing rules within days of opposite answers being given!

On 6/18/2021 at 8:31 AM, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

Looking at their store, I see the smallest shirt is youth small, is this the same for all CPL clubs?  I was thinking of getting a shirt for my 2 year old. 

Not to pry, but you are male aren't you? And you are telling us you don't know how to shrink a shirt?

18 hours ago, Ansem said:

The home opener looks promising as of today

Screenshot_20210728-201828_Ticketmaster.thumb.jpg.87724cf7c969e6826ac55a4338162b93.jpg

I used one of my vouchers today to get an extra seat that was near my area and there was like maybe 15 seats left. A part of me was disappointed as I wanted to bring more people along but a near capacity crowd is a good trade off.