Jump to content

York United Season Thread 2021


Big_M
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

York can the right to recall him whenever his visa is approved. Pantoja has a 21 year old attacker named Ronaldo Vasquez who would be a good signing. 

I remember googling him while watching the Monterey match. He looked impressive, seems like he's had a few shots outside the Dominican but it didn't work out for him 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Do all the import players have visa clearance for York? Scary possibility of a large part of their squad needing replacing if not. They look like they have put together such an exciting squad again it would suck if it doesn't work out. It did at least work out for the young Canadians they picked up last year though. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Do all the import players have visa clearance for York? Scary possibility of a large part of their squad needing replacing if not. They look like they have put together such an exciting squad again it would suck if it doesn't work out. It did at least work out for the young Canadians they picked up last year though. 

 

Gutierrez, Cabrera, Hernandez and Wallace I don't believe have visas. Wallace was signed pretty early so maybe he has a better chance of getting a visa. I expect the European based players to have less of an issue getting a visa (Ulbricht, Rivero and Hamilton). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2021 at 8:58 AM, Mikmacdo said:

York can the right to recall him whenever his visa is approved. Pantoja has a 21 year old attacker named Ronaldo Vasquez who would be a good signing. 

These are the type of players 21 scouting should be looking at 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, yothat2 said:

These are the type of players 21 scouting should be looking at 

Im sure Gus will be watching every Pantoja game now. Maybe he will look to bring him in next season when its easier to bring in central/south americans? I watched the last game and Hernandez looked good as an attacking midfielder. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, StillOnFire said:

Michael Petrasso seems to have done really well at Barnet on a pretty poor team.  Hopefully he will be a boost for York on his return.

IF he stays healthy and Jimmy uses him properly hes the best winger in the league. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

became a sub toward the end of the season starting five of the last seven on the bench..overall on 11 of 28 where he was in the matchday squad he started on the bench and was in the starting lineup in 17..so mostly a starter in the fifth tier but not by much..still three games to go though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Big_M said:

became a sub toward the end of the season starting five of the last seven on the bench..overall on 11 of 28 where he was in the matchday squad he started on the bench and was in the starting lineup in 17..so mostly a starter in the fifth tier but not by much..still three games to go though

he scored a goal today, he hasnt been starting much probably due to either injury management and or getting looks at other players seeing barnet have been in the basement for a while and heading down to the sixth tier. 

he leads the team in scoring. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/22/2021 at 4:49 PM, Mikmacdo said:

he scored a goal today, he hasnt been starting much probably due to either injury management and or getting looks at other players seeing barnet have been in the basement for a while and heading down to the sixth tier. 

he leads the team in scoring. 

I think it's 6 or 7 goals when the team scored 33 in total. 

Wait and see if he gets another offer from a better team and passes on CPL. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I think it's 6 or 7 goals when the team scored 33 in total. 

Wait and see if he gets another offer from a better team and passes on CPL. 

10 goals on the season. He's under contract so if he leaves York will get $. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, VinceA said:

So Nicholas Hamilton's loan was a total bust. Looks like Hearts had no actual interest in using him.

You mean Dundee ?

Ya he wasn't good enough for the team. They are getting promoted and likely better than any cpl squad. Maybe he's good enough to contribute for York? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

I was talking to my ticket rep (York United FC) today.  OneSoccer is NOT part of any SSH package this year.  He can only speculate but he believes that is true for all of the CPL teams.   (A different rep was uncertain of what the policy would be just two weeks ago).  

However the package that York has come up with for SSH (three year packages) as a "Sorry for the four home games played in Winnipeg" is immediately two different team scarves, two team jerseys (my choice was one green/blue and one 'community ie the white one), four tickets to any game (better than 2019 when I only had one game to choose from), plus $120.06 credit to my account (which was the price of the 'lost' games) with various choices to spend it or let it ride.  

Delivery time of all this is before York's first GTA home game.    

Also as far as the rep knows, York has not trained yet and may leave for Manitoba early to start training. 

I had detoured by Ontario Soccer Centre Monday morning and found the parking lot almost empty and the field locked up.  News later in the day said Ontario gov had still not budged from the no team sports rules.  No wonder the team might leave early!   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Rocket Robin said:

I was talking to my ticket rep (York United FC) today.  OneSoccer is NOT part of any SSH package this year.  He can only speculate but he believes that is true for all of the CPL teams.   (A different rep was uncertain of what the policy would be just two weeks ago).  

However the package that York has come up with for SSH (three year packages) as a "Sorry for the four home games played in Winnipeg" is immediately two different team scarves, two team jerseys (my choice was one green/blue and one 'community ie the white one), four tickets to any game (better than 2019 when I only had one game to choose from), plus $120.06 credit to my account (which was the price of the 'lost' games) with various choices to spend it or let it ride.  

Delivery time of all this is before York's first GTA home game.    

Also as far as the rep knows, York has not trained yet and may leave for Manitoba early to start training. 

I had detoured by Ontario Soccer Centre Monday morning and found the parking lot almost empty and the field locked up.  News later in the day said Ontario gov had still not budged from the no team sports rules.  No wonder the team might leave early!   

Why couldn't they just drive to Hamilton to practice there like forge?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Why couldn't they just drive to Hamilton to practice there like forge?

Did Forge ever get beyond 10 man max limits?  Should Forge be obliged to help York? 

I remember York Region months ago had the most laissez-faire policies and were among the last to close their restaurants etc until they were flooded with City of Toronto customers.  

I suppose if the team ever expects any Ontario government favours in the future (like a tax break/exemption to build a future stadium etc) they will obey. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

Just getting around to it now but top marks for the white shirt

Yes, I quite like both kits! Nice to see kits that aren't simply solid colours.

I was puzzled about the reference in the website about the origins of the crest - https://yorkunitedfc.canpl.ca/article/york-united-football-club-unveils-new-identity

"The crest, inspired by local history including the old City of York crest ".

If this is a York Region team, why are they taking their crest from an area in the City of Toronto? And really, the City of York - which only existed as such from 1983 to 1998 ... and is quickly being forgotten. Essentially the Stockyards, Weston, and thsoe neighbourhoods west of the Allen between St. Clair and Lawrence.

Or is this a mistake, and they are referring to the better known old Town of York that existed from 1793 to 1834, before becoming the City of Toronto?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...