York United Season Thread 2021

Big_M

6 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

You don't like the 15-minute walk around past the motorway because Westfield's won't allow football crowds to walk through the shopping centre?

I walk from the west through Hackney Wick and Fish Island which are neighbourhoods with actually character (old industrial neighbourhoods) but since the move, a lot of buildings have been knocked down and replaced with luxury flats. So I get to avoid the shopping centre abs the bizarre route to get sent around it. The worst part if my walk is after crossing the River Lea where the stadium is surrounded by open waste land waiting to be developed on. 

35 minutes ago, Greatest Cockney Rip Off said:

I walk from the west through Hackney Wick and Fish Island which are neighbourhoods with actually character (old industrial neighbourhoods) but since the move, a lot of buildings have been knocked down and replaced with luxury flats. So I get to avoid the shopping centre abs the bizarre route to get sent around it. The worst part if my walk is after crossing the River Lea where the stadium is surrounded by open waste land waiting to be developed on. 

I haven't been there in a long time, but there were some really nice drinking holes in Hackney Wick around 2015/16. The London Fields Brewery isn't far from there, as well, isn't it?

1 hour ago, SthMelbRed said:

I haven't been there in a long time, but there were some really nice drinking holes in Hackney Wick around 2015/16. The London Fields Brewery isn't far from there, as well, isn't it?

Not really that close. There are a few drinking establishments along the Canal / river but no real proper pubs in the area. There is an old pub outside Hackney Wick station that is currently being renovated but not really sure if they are going upmarket gastro pub to match the change in area or a more traditional pub. If you haven’t been since 2015/16 you’d notice a massive change. 

Apologies to the York supporters for taking this completely off topic. 

10 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I wonder how much will York get for Max Ferrari. He’s becoming a special player. I can’t wait to see him vs TFC. That’s gonna be the true test. 

Agreed. I'm really liking Ferrari as well. Wilson and Johnston are growing on me as well. Still, the 3 players that get me the most excited are Abzi, Wright, and now Ferrari.

12 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I wonder how much will York get for Max Ferrari. He’s becoming a special player. I can’t wait to see him vs TFC. That’s gonna be the true test. 

He's very good on form, but still inconsistent. Yesterday he did well for the goal then disappeared for the rest of the game.

1 hour ago, Kent said:

Agreed. I'm really liking Ferrari as well. Wilson and Johnston are growing on me as well. Still, the 3 players that get me the most excited are Abzi, Wright, and now Ferrari.

Abzi won't be at York much longer. For the CPL he's a bullet. He had one brutal run yesterday where he ran the entire pitch and completely outpaced his marker. Gave him no chance.

He's always been good but he has gotten even better since his first year.

26 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

So many players on York have bright futures. Max, Johnston, n'sa, wright, Toussaint, abzi. Verhoeven has been really good lately and he's still young. 

Still want to see more from Verhoeven, he's been a tad disappointing, but the last few games I concede he has been decent.

Overall yesterday's performance was poor, but I still think it had to do with playing 2 forwards that don't even have a half decent first touch.

18 hours ago, Ingham said:

Still want to see more from Verhoeven, he's been a tad disappointing, but the last few games I concede he has been decent.

Overall yesterday's performance was poor, but I still think it had to do with playing 2 forwards that don't even have a half decent first touch.

I still think coaching is the problem the players are there to make a run but unfortunately the wrong coach at the helm .

5 hours ago, nfitz said:

Absolutely it's news. Might tempt me to come to more games - I've really missed there not being any pies any more at BMO.

Had one Wednesday and honestly might be worth showing up for the games just for the pies. So far out of the 2 games I've been to (Forge and HFX) it was the highlight lol. 

From that article about Ferrari.

"He’s third in the CPL for most chances created and tied second for big chances created. Additionally, the Newmarket, ON native - who joined York United from Aurora FC in early 2020 - is second only to Pacific FC’s Marco Bustos when it comes to highest xA (expected assists) and 1v1s. "

Impressive!

September 4, 2021 League1 Ontario result between Unionville Milliken SC and 1812 FC Barrie played result between played in Unionville at 6:30pm. first draft game report:

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports21/21l1o039.htm

http://Also has post game audio from 1812 head coach Trever Guy about the season so far. 

York United followers will be interested because U-Sport draft pick Daniel Rafisami scored for Unionville Milliken tonight.