York United Season Thread 2021

Big_M

9 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

This is why they don’t let him in their conference but I’ll back Duane, Borges signed to be sold as did Attardo, let’s be real Zator had options and has for awhile, even payday wise staying in Sweden makes more sense.

Even if Zator ends up never playing for York, that doesn’t make what Duane said true. If there was a guaranteed deal he would have just signed directly in Sweden. 

2 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Even if Zator ends up never playing for York, that doesn’t make what Duane said true. If there was a guaranteed deal he would have just signed directly in Sweden. 

Wait... why wouldn’t it?

If Zators main goal has been to play in Europe as he stated previously to his last squad. He had offers lined up before, but due to the pandemic, it kinda of altered his plans. So that means there’s interest and potential chance to stay. Which would very much so prove Duanes point that this signing with York was a safe blanket/formality.

The thing is Angus can’t, and rightfully so won’t admit that. And as someone who is relaunching a club and trying to put a competitive product on the field - he has to strongly oppose that.

When the rubber meets the road, we might just here how it was a “good move for all parties”.

I had the same thought when I saw the loan move. It could basically be a trial, so if he does well enough, we won't ever see him suit up for York. I'm not outraged by that or anything, but it has tempered my enthusiasm for his signing to York.

On 2/5/2021 at 1:17 AM, Shway said:

Wait... why wouldn’t it?

If Zators main goal has been to play in Europe as he stated previously to his last squad. He had offers lined up before, but due to the pandemic, it kinda of altered his plans. So that means there’s interest and potential chance to stay. Which would very much so prove Duanes point that this signing with York was a safe blanket/formality.

The thing is Angus can’t, and rightfully so won’t admit that. And as someone who is relaunching a club and trying to put a competitive product on the field - he has to strongly oppose that.

When the rubber meets the road, we might just here how it was a “good move for all parties”.

But that gets York a transfer fee though... Zator would be way more attractive on a free signing.

So it makes sense for York to sign him even if there's a chance he gets sign in Europe.

Good deal for both sides

I don't think Rollins fully read the situation and I found him a bit bitter/passive aggressive towards the league in his tweets and tex lately

It was an deliberate oversimplification 

1 hour ago, Ansem said:

But that gets York a transfer fee though... Zator would be way more attractive on a free signing.

So it makes sense for York to sign him even if there's a chance he gets sign in Europe.

Good deal for both sides

I don't think Rollins fully read the situation and I found him a bit bitter/passive aggressive towards the league in his tweets and tex lately

It was an deliberate oversimplification 

Yeah Gus shot down Rollins pretty quickly. 

I'm pretty confident zator will be playing for York in July. I look at his loan as a way to be in form and possibly get exposure. The team he is playing for won't be buying him. They don't pay transfer fees. 

On 2/6/2021 at 3:50 PM, Mikmacdo said:

Yeah Gus shot down Rollins pretty quickly. 

I'm pretty confident zator will be playing for York in July. I look at his loan as a way to be in form and possibly get exposure. The team he is playing for won't be buying him. They don't pay transfer fees. 

I think the reason why people get the impression he might not play, is because are we to think the team is better off with him missing preseason and the start of the season and coming in without knowing his teammates just to get into game shape? Isn't preseason supposed to get you into game shape? Of course people aren't at their peak by the season opener, but after a few games they should be, and that would be around when Zator is arriving if he doesn't sign elsewhere.

We will have to wait and see what happens.

9 hours ago, Kent said:

I think the reason why people get the impression he might not play, is because are we to think the team is better off with him missing preseason and the start of the season and coming in without knowing his teammates just to get into game shape? Isn't preseason supposed to get you into game shape? Of course people aren't at their peak by the season opener, but after a few games they should be, and that would be around when Zator is arriving if he doesn't sign elsewhere.

We will have to wait and see what happens.

I wonder if these loans have something else about them, in this case.

First, I figure to pry Zator away into the arms of YorkUtd they'd have to pay more. So how do they do that? One way is that the Swedish team is supplementing what York pays him, to top off his salary.

Then, if part of the salary is covered by another team, it does not go against the cap.

If it does not work out, you've still retained him, he returns and you have him for what is left of this season and the next. If there is a buy option, or one is created, you come out with a transfer fee without having paid anything at all. 

The only piece I am missing is if, in a case like this, the new club helps broker the loan deal. I imagine it could have been the case. Otherwise, Zator as a free agent could have just signed directly in Sweden, if his agent had the contacts. But I don't know, just suspect, that York set it up. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

On 2/4/2021 at 10:17 PM, Shway said:

Wait... why wouldn’t it?

A permanent deal is often a very probable end result of a loan, and we know Zator has intentions of trying out Europe. So it’s obviously fairly likely that he does move on, especially if he performs well. But none of that makes this a paper signing or confirms that the player never intends on playing for York. He could very well end up playing part of a season or more with York. 

If all goes according to plan he may not, but if there was a deal in place it would have been a direct sale. From the perspective of a loan, it would be stupid for York or potential suitors to agree on a deal before they have a chance to see how he performs. That’s why the deal is a loan. I just don’t see what’s any different about this situation compared to other loans that causes him to say signing with York was only an “insurance policy”. 

The wording from the tweet just sounds to me like something a bitter Cavalry fan might say to explain why they didn’t broker a similar deal to keep Zator in the mix or receive money/credit for moving him to the next level

Edited by Aird25

• 2 months later...

The main lower tier of seating is closer to 3000, but there is also a seldom used upper tier of bleachers. Angus McNab has been talking about having a safe standing fan section again but probably on the far side rather than behind a goal.

https://northerntribune.ca/york9-fc-safe-standing/

...The introduction of a standing supporters section is something that really interests me. I think it brings an awful lot to the matchday experience. It’s something that makes us unique, and something that stands out. Having a terrace is very much something to look at. This week we had a bit of a kickoff with the guys at the club looking at 2021, the stadium layout, how you piece everything together and structure the full matchday experience.

Angus McNab
McNab says that the location of the future safe standing section is still be confirmed, meaning it might not necessarily go behind the goal on the north side of the pitch. The club has held new conversations with fire services to analyze smoke dispersal in terms of where it drifts, and the best practices on how to allow supporters groups to use smoke in a safe manner. The initial removal of safe standing wasn’t something under his control, with McNab having arrived around Christmas-time to replace the outbound Preben Ganzhorn, and York9 FC being tenants at York Lions Stadium rather than owners. By that point, the stadium layout plan for 2020 was largely set in stone...

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, SadOnMondays said:

^ I noted that they're saying he's there, "for the rest of they year" which I assume means he won't be back for the CPL season (whatever form it takes), unless they mean the rest of the Dominican season by that? 

York can the right to recall him whenever his visa is approved. Pantoja has a 21 year old attacker named Ronaldo Vasquez who would be a good signing.