Thomas Hasal

nolando

4 hours ago, BearcatSA said:

Gets to go head to head against Canada's number 3 (or 2/2A) keeper tomorrow afternoon.

Well at this point who's our replacement keeper if one of the three gets an injury?

Pantemis? Or maybe Hasal could make a case?

The player we saw in qualifying was Leutwiler but he's not playing, though as a third keeper he might get taken on the basis of Herdman's loyalty codes. 

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Well at this point who's our replacement keeper if one of the three gets an injury?

The player we saw in qualifying was Leutwiler but he's not playing, though as a third keeper he might get taken on the basis of Herdman's loyalty codes. 

Major League Soccer
playeravatar.jpg

GK
wsGreenLow.png
-
-
-
-
-
Major League Soccer
playeravatar.jpg

GK
wsGreenLow.png
-
-
-
-
Major League Soccer
playeravatar.jpg

GK
wsGreenLow.png
-
-
-
-
-

Mins: Minutes played
Goals: Total goals
Assists: Total assists
Yel: Yellow card
Red: Red card
SpG: Shots per game
PS%: Pass success percentage
AerialsWon: Aerial duels won per game
MotM: Man of the match

6 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

It would be nice to have these two Canadian teams have big playoff runs with their keepers being key factors to the success.  On the other hand, I would also like to see St. Clair perform really well for a long playoff run, too, but that would cancel out Hasal.

• 4 months later...

I also think that he is good enough to start for Whitecaps. I can't recall any major mistakes, only being rusty coming back from injury. 

The Caps problems are elsewhere on the pitch. 

That said, I'll accept anything they do to try to improve the squad and get results. If it works, if they are above .500 and have a winning season, I'll take it just in terms of the club trying to win, forget the Canadians, forget if it's worth watching, just that would be a step up.

1 hour ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I also think that he is good enough to start for Whitecaps. I can't recall any major mistakes, only being rusty coming back from injury. 

That said, I'll accept anything they do to try to improve the squad and get results. If it works, if they are above .500 and have a winning season, I'll take it just in terms of the club trying to win, forget the Canadians, forget if it's worth watching, just that would be a step up.

I've made this argument with people all of last season, if you look deep at the stats from last years matches in the 1st half of the season with unstable defence and no Cubas at the CDM, it looked grim.  I remember something like average possession of 2 passes, insanely high turnover rate in own 3rd.  Pickford is the England #1 and his team is at the bottom of the Premier League, is he really at fault?

Ultimately we will see how it plays out but I feel Hasal is Whitecaps only real chance of having CMNT representation at the next World Cup which is very important, and potentially the one they could have built up and sold given he already had a reputation in Europe.  

2 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

I recall there being some mistakes, but in general it was more a case of not making the save sometimes.  Not easy shots, but still the ones that make you say "he has to have that".  It depends on how much you value advanced stats, but the combination of Hasal/Cropper last year was a -11 vs the average, and not all of that was Cropper.

Ultimately, I look at this as a shorter term move, because I'd love for Hasal to keep working on his game and return to the club as the clear #1.  And he's still young enough that there's plenty of time for that.

Fear it will be a year of development lost sat on the whitecaps bench. I hope he does get a loan move. Wonder if there is anywhere in the MLS that might take him. CPL teams all have their starters. Maybe somewhere in Europe. USL would seem like a slap in the face but no different to CPL. 

Edit: just realized Pacific just have Gazdov. That would make sense for one of the whitecaps 3 backup keepers to go there.

Edited by toontownman

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, trc2014 said:
Feel like this locks in Hasal as #3.

I mean tonight's shoreline wasn't flattering but...

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Hasal doing great

1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

The other parts of Hasal’s game can look a bit shaky but man he has made some nice saves tonight.  

... obviously didn't watch the match but does he look like our #3 choice over Sirois?

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

19 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I mean tonight's shoreline wasn't flattering but...

... obviously didn't watch the match but does he look like our #3 choice over Sirois?

I have never been good at comparing players when the margins are small.  Plus I haven’t seen much of Sirios.  

I will say that after Milan, Maxime and Dayne, I think there is a clear drop off where any #3 would make my sphincter clench up a bit if they were needed in an important game.  

I had to look it up, but StClair is 2 years older and its 58-34 for games with an MLS club (included cup and playoffs) compared to Hasal.  Pantemis is older than StCLair with 39 MLS games.  Personally of the second tier I would take StClair, but Hasal, Pantemis, Breza are all pretty similar, whichever steps up you'll be in the drivers seat for the #3 spot (assuming Borjan hangs it up in next few years).  Sirois could bring himself up, but I would like to see 15-20 games under his belt before he gets any serious looks.  The european kids are similar to me, I havnt seen them play but it wouldnt take much of a breakthrough to put them right in the conversation.  

This is such a more pleasing convo to have than 10-15 years ago.  We have a nice stable of youngish colts and we just need a couple to turn into runners.  

26 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I had to look it up, but StClair is 2 years older and its 58-34 for games with an MLS club (included cup and playoffs) compared to Hasal.  Pantemis is older than StCLair with 39 MLS games.  Personally of the second tier I would take StClair, but Hasal, Pantemis, Breza are all pretty similar, whichever steps up you'll be in the drivers seat for the #3 spot (assuming Borjan hangs it up in next few years).  Sirois could bring himself up, but I would like to see 15-20 games under his belt before he gets any serious looks.  The european kids are similar to me, I havnt seen them play but it wouldnt take much of a breakthrough to put them right in the conversation.  

This is such a more pleasing convo to have than 10-15 years ago.  We have a nice stable of youngish colts and we just need a couple to turn into runners.  

I'm not sure that DSC considers himself to be in the second tier. He'll clearly have his sights on the #1 shirt once Borjan retires.