Thomas Hasal

nolando

11 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Based on what I saw of his limited play with the Caps, I was surprised Metcalfe landed where he did, but I am geniunely pleased that he has been able to forge out a career in Norway Div 2 with promotion challenging sides.

I agree about being surprised, but perception counts for a lot in Football.  He had 20+ 1st team matches, that's enough for lots of teams to feel comfortable giving a player a chance. 

7 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Metcalfe promoted two weeks ago with Friedrikstad and has a year on his contract. As he was a core player for them he's likely to be in Norway Elitserien next season.

He took a different path of course, but in some ways it is like Adekugbe. Started off with the Caps, was a bit part player, then eventually ended up in the Elitserien while still relatively young. Not saying Metcalfe goes on to play over 40 times for Canada, or even play at all, but you never know with our lack of midfield depth right now. If he plays regularly in that division next season that perhaps puts him at a similar club level to Loturi at Ross County, or maybe even Paton (same age btw) at Motherwell.

11 hours ago, narduch said:

Thought I had read somewhere that Hasal's advanced stats were very similar to the Japanese guy that replaced him.

That's both sad and hilarious 

Hasal on his day is very good, on an off day he is good for a poor mistake.  Everyone forgets his big moments because of the recency of his mistakes.  Yohei has also had some huge moments but he's also made his fair share of mistakes in this 2nd half of the season and is older and supposed to be more experienced, its quite funny to hear fans change their tune.  

I said this on this forum a year ago, look at the team Hasal had infront of him in 2022.  Look at the stats of the team possession/turnovers, key areas of turnover, shots faced, instability in player selection etc.  I'm sure Hasal would have loved to play with this years team.  Cubas by himself at the 6 has drastically improved the team and the defenders behind him.  

Edited by Footyeh

13 hours ago, narduch said:

Thought I had read somewhere that Hasal's advanced stats were very similar to the Japanese guy that replaced him.

That's both sad and hilarious 

I think Takaoka's stats took a serious hit when he was in that bad stretch of dodgy performances, so I would not be surprised at all by that.  

However, the best ability is availabilty, and that wasn't happening for Hasal in Vancouver.  A good chance for him to start fresh.

Edited by BearcatSA

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, nolando said:

Didn't realise Hasal is back in preseason with Caps. I thought he was legitimately finished with the club.

Screenshot_20240113_114505_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7c7c18c9e1c582e3736d46977fcf5ed2.jpg

https://www.whitecapsfc.com/news/whitecaps-fc-confirm-preseason-roster-as-training-camp-kicks-off-at-the-marbella

Nobody stands out as a promising new guy as of yet. Will that standout be a WFC2 guy, or a new signing all together? How would Aparicio, or Musse, or Henry look in this training roster?

7 hours ago, Dominic94 said:

Wow Lowell Wright at camp

"What about Lowell?"

Lonely Where Are You GIF by Travis

"Ok.. I guess all the other WC2 players are going. Let him know he can come."

Jumping Best Friends GIF by Zoey's Extraordinary Playlist

Lots of promising youngsters there. Hoping Wright and Coupland can make a positive impression.