Thomas Hasal

nolando

Hasal wasn't at his best last night and he is still the least of Vancouver's problems.

At least there is some consistency at the back with Rose and Cornelius establishing themselves as the first choice CB pairing. Baldisimo should be the 6 going forward if he stays healthy. Cavallini despite his struggles will continue to lead the line. The team has a capable spine, now they need to enhance the other parts of the team.

1 minute ago, PiedPilko said:

Should be more hype for Hasal imo. Small sample size, but statistically, he's been a league-average to good GK in the MLS at age 20-21, on the Vancovuer Whitecaps. Nothing I've seen of him suggests he doesn't belong.  

He's clearly an excellent shot stopper, but he can still work on better rebound control and distribution. His collection of high ball into the box has come on massively in just a few games. The kid's definitely a player, though.

3 minutes ago, PiedPilko said:

For sure. 

I'd like to see him pack on 10-15 lbs of muscle over the next year and work on sharpening his elbows and knees. Akinola and Deleon were taking cheap shots at him in the most-recent game against TFC. He has to make dickheads like that fear a broken head enough to cut that shit out.

53 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

I'd like to see him pack on 10-15 lbs of muscle over the next year and work on sharpening his elbows and knees. Akinola and Deleon were taking cheap shots at him in the most-recent game against TFC. He has to make dickheads like that fear a broken head enough to cut that **** out.

Old school...I remember reading (I think) Shep Messings book when I was a kid and it talked about putting an elbow in a strikers ear or a knee in the back to get some room in the box.  

5 hours ago, SthMelbRed said:

He's clearly an excellent shot stopper, but he can still work on better rebound control and distribution. His collection of high ball into the box has come on massively in just a few games. The kid's definitely a player, though.

The great thing is that the skills he needs to work on are probably the most coachable thing and the things he seems naturally good at are what you want as instinctual skills.  With good coaching and hard work, he could easily improve in his weaker areas.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Glasscity dropped a bomb on Twitter:

So, Hasal will battle Crepeau to the death for the #1 position, with the loser leaving the club. Furthermore Glass added that a Can PL loan is out of the question, if it is him who leaves it’s for Europe.

I would think WFC would be best to loan Crepeau indefinitely if he loses so that he can return to the club when Hasal is sold to Europe. However the club does have Isaac Boehemer who’s a prospect and will likely get a loan or time with the U-23 squad.

My guess is Belgium for the club, a couple of Canadians have done well there.

Edited by Dominic94

That's great to hear. Hasal is younger than DSC, and before his injury, he was performing really well. I mentioned this earlier, but everything I've seen of him + his stats had him as a average - pretty good GK in the MLS at age 20. He still needs work on rebound control, but his reflexes are crazy. If he's already performing in the MLS where he's facing more shots than anyone (i.e. the Whitecap gambit), a CPL loan seemed kinda unfair. Hope he keeps it up.

19 minutes ago, Dominic94 said:

Yea Faccinieri pardon my spelling, but to Ottawa.

Ahh right. I forgot about that one. 

16 minutes ago, masster said:

David Norman Jr. was also loaned to Pacific as part of the trade to Inter Miami.

True, but it was my understanding that the loan came from Miami. That could have just been a technicality though

• 5 months later...
4 minutes ago, Watchmen said:

4 goals against. Shit defending in front of him and he's made some nice saves, but might not get the next start either.

Why would you take him out after one game when he hasn't played since September???  What good would it do to switch to a 3rd string GK when he's in the same, if not worse, situation where they haven't any real reps in ages?  Could have been 6-0 or 7-0 the way Caps defend.  They need to give the kid a run of 6-7 games here, there's value in it for the club to do so.

9 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Is Newton the only back up??  A 30+ year old career USL guy??   YEEKS!!

You shouldnt go from "he is competing for the #1 job", to "bench him" after one game.  

He should be back to start on July 17th as part of interim head coach Ricardo Clark's first game.

4 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

He should be back to start on July 17th as part of interim head coach Ricardo Clark's first game.

yeah, you gotta think MDS's days are numbered. I like him a lot, but the results don't lie. Sure, maybe he's never had a proper pool of MLS-calibre players from which to choose, but I cannot imagine the GM taking the fall for MDS here. Tough year to be a fan of Canadian MLS teams. Sheeeeesh!