CPL Playing During the Coronavirus/Covid19 Pandemic

BC moving in to Phase 3, whatever that means. I think it means among other things hotels and resorts are back to full capacity. Community sports are back July 1st. None essential travel permitted etc etc. Was just back from a pickup game and there must have been close to 60 people in 3 groups playing 7v7 across the turf. People everywhere, it's very chill. It should really happen in BC but of course I'm biased

Edited by SpursFlu

I believe BC wants a mandatory 14 day quarantine for those entering the province. 

The NHL wants that waived. Ontario is run by a bunch of morons that will probably go for that. 

I believe the CPL stated they would be amenable to quarantine so playing in Victoria is still an option maybe?

PEI might end up winning due to costs. Vancouver Island can get expensive

22 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

As long as it happens I really dont care but if BC passed it up because they demanded a 14 day quarantine that's a total joke. Whatever it doesn't really matter to me, just make it happen wherever 

Why is that a joke? It is what every other league that has started up has had to do and was a given the first time they mentioned this plan in the first place.

2 hours ago, Kent said:

Your analogy is exactly backwards.

Until it serves your point of view and then its spot on. But wait now its backwards again. But hold on, which team is talking now? The good guys or the bad guys? I'm trying to figure out if my analogy is backwards or spot on

Edited by SpursFlu

3 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

Until it serves your point of view and then its spot on. But wait now its backwards again. But hold on, which team is talking now? The good guys or the bad guys? I'm trying to figure out if my analogy is backwards or spot on

I think of the bridge expression as being about taking risks or doing something dangerous. I don’t think anyone on any “side” would say that removing safety precautions to host games that can’t even let fans in as being the safe option. Maybe you think it is a risk worth taking, but that makes your choice of analogy a poor one.

But maybe that’s a connotation that I associate it with that you don’t.

27 minutes ago, Kent said:

I think of the bridge expression as being about taking risks or doing something dangerous. I don’t think anyone on any “side” would say that removing safety precautions to host games that can’t even let fans in as being the safe option. Maybe you think it is a risk worth taking, but that makes your choice of analogy a poor one.

But maybe that’s a connotation that I associate it with that you don’t.

Ar there 14 day quarantines for Bundesliga teams or Serie A teams or Serbian teams or Portuguese teams or Coata Rican teams or Korean teams? 

What kind of a reckless fool let's a soccer team play soccer after only 14 days in quarantine? Anything less than 21 days is suicide. Do they not care for player safety? These people are fools. Dont they believe in Science? People are dying everywhere and they're saying a second wave is coming. Some health experts are even now talking about a 3rd wave

9 hours ago, grasshopper1917 said:

I just don't get why they pushing so hard to play a tournament in some random place with no fans... Isnt that just basically a training camp? I dunno I would love to see sports back but for me not til it can be done somewhat properly.

Pure speculation on my part, but not having a season of some description could easily have negative implications where the Mediapro deal is concerned.