York9 - Season Thread 2020

1 hour ago, BuzzAndSting said:

I don't know if this is from the 2020 season but is anyone interested in an autographed jersey? My work is hosting a charity auction and to my surprise, one of the items is this jersey. I can't imagine it will go for very much money.

Soccer Jersey.jpg

Interested! What's the starting bid?

Edited by yellowsweatygorilla

A front four with two of Cabrea, Rivero and Ulbricht as well as Wallace/Telfer on the left and Hernandez on the right seems like the scariest attack on paper that we've seen in CanPL. holy crap

Edit: Apparently Ulbricht is a right winger. In my eyes either he competes with Hernandez or Hernandez plays a 10 role. Still equally scary

Edited by badname22
update

4-4-2 seems likely at this point and would get the most out of the current group of players (especially Rivero) who cant really be a lone striker. 

Right now this would be my 11

Nsa-Thompson-Lindsey-Abzi

Wallace-Wilson-Toussaint-Hernandez

Rivero-cabrera

When Petrasso and Hamilton return I expect Petrasso to start. They need to add another defender with experience and cover for Abzi unless Wallace can play left back. With the amount of wingers on the team and lack of CM's I think Max might move back to being a box to box midfielder. Theres a few vet CBs in the USL who might need to come home(karl Ouimette), Duran Lee could provide cover at CB and LB. I wonder if Luca Petrasso will join his brother on Y9. 

6 minutes ago, toontownman said:

I think Halley looked more exciting of the two but both did great in the summer.

I hope they use Halley in a Richie laryea role. I think he can be a spark off the bench as a wingback or winger. I think he will have a hard time getting playing time as a winger with Hernandez, petrasso, wallace, Hamilton etc

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

I think Halley looked more exciting of the two but both did great in the summer.

Wright did kinda fade after that impressive first match. My concern about Halley is his really heavy touch, but he definitely has a lot of room to improve. Of the young players signed though Ferrari has looked the most comfortable, most likely because he's actually had quite a few starts in L1O for the past three years, unlike the other youth signings (other than maybe Johnston).

• 2 weeks later...