York9 - Season Thread 2020

11 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

I think we're established that being a higher paid player in the CanPL isn't particularly remunerative in comparison to real jobs.

Yeah I am aware, but if he gets a raise with another team and moves to an area with a lower cost of living, grabbing a coaching gig on the side, he is probably doing better than most "real jobs"

This reminds me of minor league baseball players who get paid very little to chase the dream.  At some point (30ish), you need to move on and get a “real job” that potentially pays you better than $25 K.  It’s really sad but life is about choices and setting yourself up for family and/or eventual retirement, where possible.

1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

I expect his brother to join the team. 

He mentioned family for why he left HFX. 

Y9 has a big hole at CB and DM. 

Hopefully Thompson is brought back and or another vet CB. 

I think the holes will be filled by the kids, they’re going buy/resell mode

5 hours ago, Bison44 said:

I was hoping maybe it would put a fire under the Saskatoon guys, or the rumors of a second BC team...so we could keep a balanced league.  

BC is probably more likely. I don't see Saskatoon on the playing board until they can have another round of tester games (SK Summer series). A

t this rate there is a high possibility of having to wait until 2022 at least for that. Can anyone plan for a set of games with 5k fans next summer? It would be a gamble at best. Would love to be wrong on that!

While midfielders Chris Mannella and Kyle Porter seem set to depart and the futures of others like Ryan Telfer and Wataru Murofushi are unpredictable at best, the Club President did confirm that talks are ongoing with Roger Thompson and seemed to look positive.

One possible inbound replacement for Aparicio is Dylan Carreiro, with the former Valour FC captain starting talks with the club after moving back to Toronto for family reasons.

https://northerntribune.ca/york9-fc-manny-aparicio-leave/

Thompson has to comeback. Need at least 2 more CBs.

I hope Telfer is back and Carreiro would be a solid signing. Need to have at least one former York Lion on the squad. 

On 10/16/2020 at 11:37 AM, Mikmacdo said:

So up front we have petrasso, Rivero, Ulbricht, max, Lowell and Hamilton. Telfer and vasconcelos?  Doubt they return. 

Hopefully ugarizza can come in even if he's a free agent. 

Not happening. Ugarriza has refound his form in Peru at Cienciano, and he turns 24 in January which I believe makes him non-eligible.

I would love to try again with him but I don't think it's feasible.

25 minutes ago, Ingham said:

Not happening. Ugarriza has refound his form in Peru at Cienciano, and he turns 24 in January which I believe makes him non-eligible.

I would love to try again with him but I don't think it's feasible.

he has two goals this season then he got hurt and is finding his way back. also there is no rule you cant sign an international over 23.