York9 - Season Thread 2020

I hope it’s York United....for all the euro snobbery for names, I think this one works for what they are trying and need to do. 

I hope with the rebrand, Magnus is smart enough to bring back that Select academy team.  

....Oh yea and the location makes more sense now, and here’s hoping the renovations make it all the better. 

I for one. Will try to be more of a fan, if the overall product is a professional experience.

I liked york 9 tbh. Don't really think they need the name change personally unless they think it's too exclusive with just 9 municipalities.

Also I saw the logo tease. Has a kind of Cyril sneer/aardvark from pink panther vibe to it. Maybe it's one of those optical illusions and the whites actually the logo.

FB_IMG_1607402909294.jpg

Edited by toontownman

4 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Prefer York 9 tbh. Sure they have justification for changing though.

The 9 alienated a lot of the potential fan base. Me being one of them. When it was first explained, I was reading all of the cities listed and felt “welp I guess I gotta wait for a team out east” since “my city” wasn’t listed. It also didn’t make sense, based on the fact that they don’t play in York Region. 

Needless to say I spent my early childhood living in Markham and Richmondhill. Played for Unionville, Markham, Glen Shields soccer clubs from rep start to u16 and even the York Region regional team - so I have a connection to the region. Just felt disconnected to the overall idea of the club. 

47 minutes ago, m-g-williams said:

. . . I hope that's not actually it. That seems a bit too busy/trying too hard to be a La Liga look-alike. 

For what it's worth, I actually quite like the Y trillium design. They've also updated the CPL website to show that as the logo for the club. 
image.png.c9c0230a237049ccc61ee8e1b5212983.png

I thinks it's a fake release. Has Duane done this in the past? I don't think soo....
It's probably one of the concepts that was made. 

My assumption is that because the trillium which is being used everywhere isn't seen prominently on the "released" logo confirms to me that it isn't real.

@ me in an hr if I'm sadly wrong. 🤣

10 minutes ago, Shway said:

I thinks it's a fake release. Has Duane done this in the past? I don't think soo....
It's probably one of the concepts that was made. 

My assumption is that because the trillium which is being used everywhere isn't seen prominently on the "released" logo confirms to me that it isn't real.

@ me in an hr if I'm sadly wrong. 🤣

Duane getting heat on twitter for leaking it. I mean those who saw it already had to keep quiet the entire time. Then he comes crying for the league excluding him from their media calls who he called "lapdogs" this morning... you can't make this up...

1 minute ago, Ansem said:

Duane getting heat on twitter for leaking it. I mean those who saw it already had to keep quiet the entire time. Then he comes crying for the league excluding him from their media calls who he called "lapdogs" this morning... you can't make this up...

wow....So it is real? 

Welp...I don't like the crown or the crest bottom top roundel shape...but I guess it's better?

10 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Makes you wonder....plenty of CDN soccer stories that you dont hear anything about.  But there is a rush to leak this rebranding right before it becomes official.  How about leaking the "well known" reasons Zambrano was fired for??  When are we going to get that story?  

16 minutes ago, Ansem said:

That's not how embargoes work. Those who kept quiet saw an embargoed image from the league itself. Duane says he received it from a different source, before that embargoed release went out.

If that's the case then he has no reason to keep it to himself.

1 minute ago, RS said:

That's not how embargoes work. Those who kept quiet saw an embargoed image from the league itself. Duane says he received it from a different source, before that embargoed release went out.

If that's the case then he has no reason to keep it to himself.

Even Manuel Veth tweeted there was an embargo

Not that I'm not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt about his sources but calling out people challenging him as "league's lapdogs" isn't very professional.

17 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Makes you wonder....plenty of CDN soccer stories that you dont hear anything about.  But there is a rush to leak this rebranding right before it becomes official.  How about leaking the "well known" reasons Zambrano was fired for??  When are we going to get that story?  

Reminds me of the hockey media that are always shocked when stories of abuse come out.

7 minutes ago, Ansem said:

Even Manuel Veth tweeted there was an embargo

Not that I'm not willing to give him the benefit of the doubt about his sources but calling out people challenging him as "league's lapdogs" isn't very professional.

Veth tweeted that there is an embargo because there is one. Those tweets of his are also nearly two hours after Rollins originally posted the logo.

Rollins says the embargo happened after (and possibly even because) he tweeted the new logo out.