York9 - Season Thread 2020

4 minutes ago, RS said:

Veth tweeted that there is an embargo because there is one. Those tweets of his are also nearly two hours after Rollins originally posted the logo.

Rollins says the embargo happened after (and possibly even because) he tweeted the new logo out.

He said "was" though but what's done is done - just hoping that people will still tune in for the announcement. Due to the leak, some might not bother which was the point of those calling him out.

1 minute ago, Ansem said:

He said "was" though but what's done is done - just hoping that people will still tune in for the announcement. Due to the leak, some might not bother which was the point of those calling him out.

Veth said "was" and "is" in nearly simultaneous tweets. 

Regardless, leaks happen all the time and will continue to happen. 

In the announcement event, they mentioned "3 year memberships". Surely they meant "Year 3 memberships" right? I'm not in the market for seasons tickets at the moment, but I sure hope they aren't asking for 3 year commitments from people.

This reminds me of when OneSoccer was saying "Season subscription" rather than "Year subscription", which caused enough doubt for me to go month to month.

The location of the stadium is perfect, right next to the subway and with plenty of parking around.

Also, the stadium has room to expand and the partnership with York U is great.

Tracks are gone, pitch expanded although I lament them removing the grass for turf.

I think York United will keep improving the stadium and personalize it.

The branding makes it clear that they are going for beyond the York region cities while not forgetting their roots with the 9 stripes.

If the marketing is done right, some of the targets I'm thinking off

• York Region

North and upper midtown Toronto

• North York
  • York
  • East York

I better start seeing ads in

• North York Centre
  • TTC Subway stations in those areas (Vaughan to St.Clair West / Finch to Lawrence West / Sheppard-Yonge to Don Mills)
  • Major Malls (Vaughan Mills / Yorkdale/Fairview/ Sheppard Centre
  • Campuses - adding Glendon to the list