2021 Contracted Players
GK: Nathan Ingham
DF: Morey Doner
DF: Diyaeddine Abzi
DF: Ryan Lindsay (U21)
M: Ijah Halley (U21)
M: Isiah Johnston (U21)
M: Jordan Wilson
M: Michael Petrasso (on loan to Barnet until 1st July 2021)
M: Mateo Hernandez (International)
F: Lowell Wright (U21)
F: Julian Ulbricht (International)
F: Nicholas Hamilton (International & on loan to Dundee FC until 1st July 2021)

Returning having agreed new terms:
M: Max Ferrari (U21)
F: Alvaro Rivero (International)

Out of contract:
DF: Luca Gasparotto
DF: Roger Thompson
DF: Matthew Arnone
M: Wataru Murofushi (International)
M: Kyle Porter
M: Manny Aparicio
M: Chris Mannella
F: Ryan Telfer
F: Jace Kotsopoulos

Club option for 2021:
Fugo Segawa (International)

Option not taken:
GK: Ezequiel Carrasco
M: Brian Lopez (International)
F: Gabriel Vasconcellos (International)

Released at own request:
M: Julian Altobelli (U21)
M: Joseph Di Chiara

Surprised that the youngster Altobelli who played for Canada at the recent  U17 World Cup who had just recently signed last June who I think is still 17 decided not to resign with York 9 , he a former TFC Academy player also . Looks like it was his decision not the club’s not to sign for York 9 again ,  that’s a strange one especially because of his age.

Edited by SoccMan

15 minutes ago, The Real Marc said:

Where is Di Chiara going?

Probably getting a real  job I would imagine at his age if your still playing at this level you start to think of your finances and your future . Unfortunately the CPL is still in it’s infancy and wages are still low , maybe one day players of his age will stick around longer once the money gets better but for now this will be expected guys calling it quits in their late twenties. It’s only year  two but hopefully one day the wages will be better.

19 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Probably getting a real  job I would imagine at his age if your still playing at this level you start to think of your finances and your future . Unfortunately the CPL is still in it’s infancy and wages are still low , maybe one day players of his age will stick around longer once the money gets better but for now this will be expected guys calling it quits in their late twenties. It’s only year  two but hopefully one day the wages will be better.

That makes sense for middling and lower depth players, but I imagine he would be a higher paid player for a team. He's also played overseas before, so perhaps that

4 hours ago, deschamp86 said:

That makes sense for middling and lower depth players, but I imagine he would be a higher paid player for a team. He's also played overseas before, so perhaps that

I think we're established that being a higher paid player in the CanPL isn't particularly remunerative in comparison to real jobs.

9 hours ago, The Real Marc said:

I think we're established that being a higher paid player in the CanPL isn't particularly remunerative in comparison to real jobs.

if you are making 40k and your partner the same, before taxes, you are around or maybe just under the Canadian household average. Okay, it is tight, depending where you live and life circumstances, but it is not outrageously low.

If a CPL player is young and the club subsidizes housing then it is manageable.

Are these players in any way prohibited or restricted when it comes to other employment during the year? And during the time they are actually in training and playing with their clubs?