Alistair Johnston

lazlo_80

15 hours ago, MauditYvon said:

Now Corbeanu is in the starting XI of each of you because he signed with a poor Liga side (they'll be relegated if you didn't knew)? Jesus.

I know Jesus and want him in the lineup, I've heard he can work miracles with the ball and is studying physiotherapy for his post game career.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't want to be the Debbie Downer (or it is covered more widely under the term Karen nowadays?) and maybe it's the youth soccer parent in me, but am I the only one even slightly concerned about the quick return coupled with the immediate ditching of the  presumably prescribed face mask? I mean I like it for his short-term prospects, just thinking more long-term for the kid.

19 hours ago, PegCityCam said:

Why do I get the feeling that AJ is one of those players who reach "legendary" status without really being considered a wonderkid? It just seems to organically come to him somehow...

Absolutely this, and it was evident early on.  So well spoken, always ready to defend a teammate, yet very level-headed.  Intelligent and hard working.  He has fan favorite/club legend written all over him (if he sticks around long enough).  I'll take this type player over the pure talent but little passion type any day.

10 hours ago, nolando said:

I don't want to be the Debbie Downer (or it is covered more widely under the term Karen nowadays?) and maybe it's the youth soccer parent in me, but am I the only one even slightly concerned about the quick return coupled with the immediate ditching of the  presumably prescribed face mask? I mean I like it for his short-term prospects, just thinking more long-term for the kid.

If Celtic medical staff are ok with it, you don't need to spend another second thinking about it. 

Celtic and Rangers face off during the second to last match day of the year. Rangers is top of the table by two points and you figure that both clubs are going to win all of their remaining games, so the season may very well be decided by the derby. Even if Celtic drop a point, the GD between the two is +6, so they could potentially draw someone, smoke another team by like 4 goals and then beat Rangers and win the league on GD. 

Shaping up to be an exciting finish. I’m sure if it does come down to the derby for the title, we might see an all timer from AJ.

1 hour ago, Snowcrash said:

If Celtic medical staff are ok with it, you don't need to spend another second thinking about it. 

I tend to agree with this.  I don't they would let him on the field if there were any serious risks involved.  Maybe I am naive but I think liability has moved us past the "rub some dirt on it" mentality of yesteryear. 

21 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Celtic and Rangers face off during the second to last match day of the year. Rangers is top of the table by two points and you figure that both clubs are going to win all of their remaining games, so the season may very well be decided by the derby. Even if Celtic drop a point, the GD between the two is +6, so they could potentially draw someone, smoke another team by like 4 goals and then beat Rangers and win the league on GD. 

Shaping up to be an exciting finish. I’m sure if it does come down to the derby for the title, we might see an all timer from AJ.

They can’t “drop a point” though. A draw is 2 points dropped, meaning they’d be 4 points back.

On 2/26/2024 at 7:22 PM, nolando said:

You and me both.  I went full Dad on this one and thought about him getting hurt all over again.

23 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Celtic and Rangers face off during the second to last match day of the year.

They'll play again after that, as games 34-38 are only announced after the league splits for the final five games.  Top six teams will play each other one more time, and bottom six play each other one more time.

On 2/27/2024 at 9:06 AM, InglewoodJack said:

The title will be decided after the split this season, which is as it should be.

Have Dundee this after' and away to Hearts on Sunday I believe.  If good Hearts show that might be the league for Celtic right there.  If good Celtic show, and there was some of that in the 2nd half at Fir Park, naught to worry.  Guess we'll see.

Been mentioned but is worth repeating.  Losing the Zorro mask 25 minutes in is just so AJ.  "Fu'k this shit and the lawyers who want me to wear it.".  Have a mental image of him snapping the thing into the crowd like he was goofing around with the bra he just took off some casual he'd brought home from the bar.  Hell, I'd be disappointed in him if he didn't!

Certainly played like he didn't need it and wasn't worrying about it.