The Road to Qatar.

Binky

1 hour ago, Alex said:

The venue for the Suriname match should be announced shortly. This is due one month before the game starts as that is what was stated before the March window. 

I remember reading something similar but I can't find it. Nothing about the deadline for venues here: https://img.fifa.com/image/upload/ytkbpnxyvcghx6bebesv.pdf

Dean Gorré, the Suriname coach has confirmed the match will be hosted in the USA.

(Apologies, I used the auto-captions on YouTube and am not fluent in Dutch, if anybody is willing to correct the text, please do so)

Skip to around 8min45secs

RBN Suriname interviewer: Begrip dat nu toe dat er nog niet bepaalde zware in die wedstrijd tegen Canada spelen want dat kan Amerika worden van kan Canada ook nog stellen voor beloofde?

Dean Gorré: Nee ... *something* hell duidelijk is dat het Amerika wordt.

RBN Suriname interviewer: Ja, van vanwege COVID wat ik las gisteren nog dat COVID de hand is gelopen in Canada vooral in de stad Ontario jogens het uit de hand gelopen dus komt het als beter uit als we in Amerika speler Canada

Dean Gorré: Ja, beter Amerika maar dan is er zullen ook een uitrust reed en natuurlijke tussen naar het thuisvoordeel want ze de man zo leren en dat dodelijk goed.

32 minutes ago, narduch said:

I'm surprised we now have mods.

I have to say that I am happy that some  form of a scintilla of moderation has returned, All well-intentioned comments should be treated with respect by fellow members, no matter what the difference of opinion or even if they are black-and-white wrong. Caustic comments should not be given, even if they are from some exceptionally knowedgeable posters who seem to be given a pass at civility.

Saying that, I have to say I enjoy the expression "Captain Obvious", but will only use it in a different circle of friends in contexts where the good nature would not be mistaken.

By the way,let's stop majking disparaging comments about grammar or spelling. A lot of posters here are non-native English users, and they often  have some excellent insights. 

image.jpeg

Edited by beachesl

Just now, beachesl said:

I have to say that I am happy that some  form of a scintilla of moderation has returned, All well_intentioned comments should be treated with respect by fellow members, no matter what the difference of opinion or even if they are black-and-white wrong. Caustic comments should not be given, even if they are from exceptionally knowedgeable posters who seem to be given a pass at civility.

Saying that, I have to say I enjoy the expression "Captain Obvious", but will only use it in a different circle of friends in contexts where the good nature would not be mistaken.

By the way>,let's stop majking disparaging comments about grammar or spelling. A lot of opsters here are non/native English users, and they often  have some excellent insights. 

image.jpeg

What's a fucking "opster"!!!! ;)

9 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

What you got was a friendly reminder to be respectful.  It was not a yellow card.  
I am a moderator (for now) but would rather take a light touch.  Just want everyone to act somewhat adult like.

Can we bring back the ability to mute posts by certain users please? 

2 hours ago, soccer.shocker said:

Sorry to say but no chance Pasher gets called ahead of Millar (who knows all the tactical systems and is well integrated into the culture) for WCQ.  Gold Cup sure give him a look but no chance for WQC.  

But with a squad that big, chances are he won't get in the game. Reason why I showed two teams. So it's an opportunity for a new guy from the 80+ player database to understand the system/tactics....lackthereof.

The only game we'll see some rotation is Aruba....and that game is the 1st of potential 4., so it'll be very limited.

1 hour ago, JamboAl said:

Life would be much more “interesting”but not for those people abused beyond belief.  If anyone wants that type of self mutilation, I would recommend going somewhere else.

K ill post what I think of the Whitecaps being forced to play in Utah and after I get a bunch of disrespectful responses I'll expect you to shoot out some emails. Since your the judge and jury when it comes to what's respectful and not

4 hours ago, JamboAl said:

What you got was a friendly reminder to be respectful.  It was not a yellow card.  
I am a moderator (for now) but would rather take a light touch.  Just want everyone to act somewhat adult like.

I get where you're coming from and I'm probably one of the biggest offenders when it comes to disagreeing with others' viewpoints...and I've been reprimanded a few times before and haven't had a problem with it.  But this was slightly unnecessary especially considering what is to come from said poster. In the end it's all good...not a big deal.

10 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

And I'm pretty sure nobody has been disrespected more on this forum than me.

Was this meant as a joke?  If so, I appreciate your self-deprecating sense of humour. If not, well...[the remainder of this post has been removed in anticipation of moderators removing it].

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Now this deserves a warning @longlugan what do you think? 🤣

While I quoted @SpursFlu, the 'you' referred to in my comment was a general 'you', not a specific reference to @SpursFlu

That being said, I'm currently on warning from @JamboAl for calling a certain annoying poster here a knobhead. Funnily enough, the comment for which I was warned seemed to get a lot of positive feedback from the community. 😄 

Bermuda will host The Cayman Islands at IMG in Florida.
https://www.royalgazette.com/soccer/sport/article/20210504/bermudas-home-world-cup-match-against-cayman-switched-to-florida/
https://bernews.com/2021/05/football-bermuda-vs-cayman-on-june-8th/

It's looking more and more likely that all matches will be in Florida except possibly the Suriname home match vs Bermuda. They desperately want home field advantage it seems.

10 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Bermuda will host The Cayman Islands at IMG in Florida.
https://www.royalgazette.com/soccer/sport/article/20210504/bermudas-home-world-cup-match-against-cayman-switched-to-florida/
https://bernews.com/2021/05/football-bermuda-vs-cayman-on-june-8th/

It's looking more and more likely that all matches will be in Florida except possibly the Suriname home match vs Bermuda. They desperately want home field advantage it seems.

That didn't work out so well for them vs. Cayman Islands. Then they have to fly to Florida to face us... 

Oh well.

On 3/31/2021 at 1:09 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Our matches:

"Away" at Aruba,  Saturday, June 5th
"Home" vs Suriname Tuesday, June 8th 

Possible playoff vs Haiti/Nicaragua/Belize "away" , Saturday, June 12th
Possible playoff vs Haiti/Nicaragua/Belize "home" , Tuesday, June 15th 

Locations:
I believe, the border will likely still be closed by June and we will need to host in the USA.

Florida isn't as pleasant in June but
both Exploria stadium in Orlando
https://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2021/03/24/orlando-city-sc-announces-2021-regular-season-schedule-presented-orlando-health
and Inter Miami CF stadium in Ft. Lauderdale
https://www.intermiamicf.com/en/schedule
will be free for the whole FIFA window.
IMG in Bradenton remains a likely option.

The NWSL has also avoided scheduling matches at Exploria in Orlando during the FIFA window:

https://www.nwslsoccer.com/news/article/nwsl-announces-full-2021-regular-season-schedule

These WCQ matches are looking very Florida. At this point I am expecting Aruba @ IMG  and Suriname @ Exploria in Orlando.

Edited by Olympique_de_Marseille

• Admin locked this topic