The Road to Qatar.

Binky

I wonder what the allowable roster sides will be in June given the potential four game window.  Will they expand from 23 or will teams that will likely play game 3 and 4 just call more players into camp?

I believe the 5 sub rule is in place until atleast August.

16 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I won’t be surprised if Suriname brings in more players. It’s basically winner take all. They have some really good options out there. 

RW - Sheraldo Becker - 1.FC Union Berlin

B0E43F38-8A96-4B26-ACB2-8925E50A0C9F.jpeg

E3A16BBF-1FF7-443F-B79E-6A4CB0421690.jpeg

D989FBF1-1C14-4916-8255-4296FF488FE6.jpeg

I’m sure they’ll definitely be trying. I don’t see why anyone who hasn’t committed yet would in June though.

17 hours ago, SpecialK said:

I won’t be surprised if Suriname brings in more players. It’s basically winner take all. They have some really good options out there. 

RW - Sheraldo Becker - 1.FC Union Berlin

B0E43F38-8A96-4B26-ACB2-8925E50A0C9F.jpeg

E3A16BBF-1FF7-443F-B79E-6A4CB0421690.jpeg

D989FBF1-1C14-4916-8255-4296FF488FE6.jpeg

I dont think they are going to get any of the young talents like Lang, Riedweald, Hoever, Rensch, etc

I do think its possible that they add another one or two of the older next level down guys like Denswill or Haps. Very good additions for sure but I dont think they are going to get too many more before June.

Also #1 on your list Becker recently had ankle surgery and is out for the Bundesliga season. he has already committed to Suriname but I dont think he will be ready for the June window

2 hours ago, Floortom said:

I dont think they are going to get any of the young talents like Lang, Riedweald, Hoever, Rensch, etc

I do think its possible that they add another one or two of the older next level down guys like Denswill or Haps. Very good additions for sure but I dont think they are going to get too many more before June.

Also #1 on your list Becker recently had ankle surgery and is out for the Bundesliga season. he has already committed to Suriname but I dont think he will be ready for the June window

I'm surprised Sherwin Seedorf from Motherwell wasn't called. Seems a good young talent.

Actually, if Nicaragua takes Haiti and Belize takes Nicaragua, we could be in for another Belize game in June! Get Madbull and Maestro on OneSoccer... they can have a mispronunciation battle with Wheels. Benny’s can expand to serving the NA market online and advertise on OS — Benny and Kurt Larson can do the jingle together. Epic. 

Edited by shorty

4 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

The Suriname results now look a bit pedestrian. They’re going to have it tough in the next window facing the two best competitors in the group in 3 days. Their squad isn’t exactly the youngest either.

Will be interesting if Bermuda can get a full squad. Could they steal a win vs. Suriname? 
At the very least Suriname will need to go all out to get a win vs Bermuda as they know a loss would seal their fate while we can coast and put our B lineup out there bs a terrible Aruba squad.

4 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Will be interesting if Bermuda can get a full squad. Could they steal a win vs. Suriname? 
At the very least Suriname will need to go all out to get a win vs Bermuda as they know a loss would seal their fate...

Exactly. A draw or a small win for Suriname is the same for us really (it's unlikely that Suriname can beat Bermuda by more than 7 goals ). 

The biggest thing for us is that Suriname need to be afraid enough of a loss that they start their complete "A" squad and don't rest players against Bermuda.

40 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

I think we’re going to beat our new record of 11 goals next break.  Aruba is a weak team.

Considering they lost to Suriname by 3 more than Cayman Islands did, they are probably even worse. I'd love another double digits win.

1 hour ago, Bdog said:

Considering they lost to Suriname by 3 more than Cayman Islands did, they are probably even worse. I'd love another double digits win.

Aruba could have just had a bad window. Not that they have much more potential but they do have two eredivise players and beat Bermuda 3-1 in nations league qualifying just a few years back. 

• Admin locked this topic