OneSoccer

Foreen

16 minutes ago, rkomar said:

I would think that Bundesliga was the fastest growing precisely because they were on SportsNet.  I predict that the next fastest growing league in Canada is whoever SportsNet replaces the Bundesliga with.

Also a certain player joining Bayern may have helped 

^ Can't help but feel that would be tough financially.  I'd expect The Old Firm still have heavy markers in any broadcast deal.

Could they pick up a schedule of select matches that excludes Celtic/Rangers?  Probably.  Would it be worth it?  Don't know.

I'd watch.  That's one!

9 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

^ Can't help but feel that would be tough financially.  I'd expect The Old Firm still have heavy markers in any broadcast deal.

Could they pick up a schedule of select matches that excludes Celtic/Rangers?  Probably.  Would it be worth it?  Don't know.

I'd watch.  That's one!

Sportsnet used to have it. And if the SPL was smart they'd work to accommodate it. That kind of a hole in a major broadcaster doesn't happen that often.

The problem with pushing the SPFL on mainstream cable is that mass emigration from Scotland to Canada ended about 50 years ago. How many people who aren't Scottish really want to watch Hearts and Aberdeen never mind Ross County or Livingston? In this age of webstreaming there are ways to watch the soccer you actually want to watch and less need to watch whatever generic league makes its way onto cable to get your soccer fix compared to how things were in the 80s and 90s. Suspect Sportsnet may look for another sport to fill their schedule.

7 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

The problem with pushing the SPFL on mainstream cable is that mass emigration from Scotland to Canada ended about 50 years ago. How many people who aren't Scottish really want to watch Hearts and Aberdeen never mind Ross County or Livingston? In this age of webstreaming there are ways to watch the soccer you actually want to watch and less need to watch whatever generic league makes its way onto cable to get your soccer fix compared to how things were in the 80s and 90s. Suspect Sportsnet may look for another sport to fill their schedule.

On the other hand, the people who mass emigrated from Scotland 50 years ago are exactly the demographic that still has cable. 😉

I agree, they are more likely to look at a cheaper sport to fill the time slot. But Saturday mornings on Sportsnet has been soccer for 2+ decades now, and I could see them trying to continue if the price is right.

1 hour ago, Watchmen said:

On the other hand, the people who mass emigrated from Scotland 50 years ago are exactly the demographic that still has cable. 😉

I agree, they are more likely to look at a cheaper sport to fill the time slot. But Saturday mornings on Sportsnet has been soccer for 2+ decades now, and I could see them trying to continue if the price is right.

The Albanian Second Division it is then.

BTW, I love the move to DAZN.  Sportsnet World was more expensive with less product.

4 hours ago, Watchmen said:

SN has FA Cup for another year. And they have rights for about half of WSL matches.

SN used Bundesliga to fill their weekend mornings as they valued having live sports from morning to evening on weekends. Given, they have been cutting back program spending in other non-prime hours as tv viewership continues to drop, we'll have to see if they still believe value can be added by showing non top 5 men's club football on weekend mornings. 

Choice is limited. Looking at what is shown on American platforms in English, only football league with matches on weekend mornings not shown in Canada is SPL. Otherwise, SN can easily show a bit delayed rugby from the 4 leagues shown on SN World.

Edited by red card

Has OneSoccer totally given up on having 2 feeds at the same time? I was out tonight, just tried to put the Costa Rica vs El Salvador game on, but there is only Pacific vs Atletico Ottawa available. Less motivation to sign up for OneSoccer as opposed to Fubo if there is just 1 feed available. I guess this is their way of dealing with the poor quality that sometimes happens?

2 minutes ago, Kent said:

Has OneSoccer totally given up on having 2 feeds at the same time? I was out tonight, just tried to put the Costa Rica vs El Salvador game on, but there is only Pacific vs Atletico Ottawa available. Less motivation to sign up for OneSoccer as opposed to Fubo if there is just 1 feed available. I guess this is their way of dealing with the poor quality that sometimes happens?

both are working!

12 minutes ago, Kent said:

I had no problem accessing both games on their App.  Actually prefer OS alone versus Fubo.

I'm not sure why it didn't even show up as an option for me. Were you guys @JamboAland @K Edgarusing the Roku app or some other device? Maybe I need to do some sort of cache clearing, but my device has been unplugged/restarted several times since it stopped updating the recent uploads feed (which might be an indication that the Home page is frozen, hence no alternative feeds shown).

1 minute ago, Kent said:

I'm not sure why it didn't even show up as an option for me. Were you guys @JamboAland @K Edgarusing the Roku app or some other device? Maybe I need to do some sort of cache clearing, but my device has been unplugged/restarted several times since it stopped updating the recent uploads feed (which might be an indication that the Home page is frozen, hence no alternative feeds shown).

I was using the OneSoccer website.

13 hours ago, Kent said:

I use the website on my laptop or the App on my iPhone.

On 6/30/2023 at 11:37 PM, Kent said:

I was using the Roku app and the streams did not appear for me either.  Had to use my phone and Google Chromecast it on the to screen.

• 1 month later...
34 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

Can someone tell me what things on One Soccer I will not be able to watch if I only keep fubo and cancel One Soccer . It seems like fubo carries a lot of One Soccer programming anyways .

26 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Think the only issue that way is when there are multiples games on at the same time?

^^ This.

So when the Gold Cup was on and it conflicted with a CanPL match, fubo viewers could only watch the match that was on the main network live.  They could not pick one or the other.

OK so CPL and One Soccer cant get on CBC yet in prime Saturday afternoon sports time there is a currently a cricket match between the 'Montreal Tigers' and 'Vancouver Knights. Very good production value. Before turning this on I didnt even know we had a cricket league in Canada. Im sure CBC could also introduce alot of people in 'NON CPL markets' to the fact we have a Canadian soccer league. At some point we have to hold the league management responsible for not being able to properly market the league. 

1 hour ago, grasshopper1917 said:

OK so CPL and One Soccer cant get on CBC yet in prime Saturday afternoon sports time there is a currently a cricket match between the 'Montreal Tigers' and 'Vancouver Knights. Very good production value. Before turning this on I didnt even know we had a cricket league in Canada. Im sure CBC could also introduce alot of people in 'NON CPL markets' to the fact we have a Canadian soccer league. At some point we have to hold the league management responsible for not being able to properly market the league. 

I thought the tourney was only on Gem (streaming).  Was it on the full network?    

33 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

I thought the tourney was only on Gem (streaming).  Was it on the full network?    

Great question. I am on 'CBC Atlantic' on my streaming service. I just checked the CBC website and its listing todays game on CBC Toronto. Also is listing the Finals tomorrow across the TV network. Andi Patrillo is hosting the event she is doing a great job. I cant help feel CPL is really missing out by not having a presence on CBC. 

I understand that call is up to One Soccer - however more exposure for the league would lead to more subscriptions. If the league stays unknown their subscription base will never really budge - and at these levels im doubting its anywhere even near profitable even with their minimum production value.