OneSoccer

Foreen

5 minutes ago, Goal_Kick said:

Sorry, I haven't been following this story at all and am a bit confused.

How does not carrying OneSoccer give Rogers an advantage?

It's a bit of an oversimplification but the CRTC has viewed Sportsnet World and Onesoccer as comparable services yet they choose to carry their own product over the other.

1 hour ago, Ansem said:

Seems like "conspiracy theorists" keeps being proved right recently...

Curious to see if those who were defending Rogers & Bell BS argument will be backtracking or doubling down

I think we literally all knew why they were doing it. It was just a matter of whether the CRTC would want to do anything. They've voted in favour of OneSoccer. Good for them. Curious to see what comes next, and what Bell does. 

9 hours ago, Watchmen said:

I think we literally all knew why they were doing it. It was just a matter of whether the CRTC would want to do anything. They've voted in favour of OneSoccer. Good for them. Curious to see what comes next, and what Bell does. 

My understanding (mainly from what was being posted on here rather than researching what was happening carefully) was that Onesoccer were angling to be on basic cable because that's where the real cash bonanza would be. It appears from what has been posted in another thread that they will probably now be allowed to have a speciality channel out of this ruling. Good to see the CRTC doing its job on this but perhaps not something that's going to help Mediapro all that much in the bigger scheme of things because pretty much anybody who wanted to gain access to OneSoccer already had ways readily available to them to do so. 

13 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Northern Tribune's perspective below. I hope they're right and getting on TV leads to a significant increase in viewers. I know my dad is likely to watch more, and he can't be the only one that doesn't stream. 

https://northerntribune.ca/rogers-onesoccer-crtc-decision-march-2023/ 

Guess it depends how it becomes accessible via tv. If its packaged as part of an existing sports bundle that's huge. If its just an extra add on subscription channel I'm not convinced it's going to be more than a light ripple of new viewers. They all count though.

https://onesoccer.ca/a/important-information-about-your-one-soccer-subscription-in-2023-and-beyond

"AS A LOYAL SUBSCRIBER AND SUPPORTER OF CANADIAN SOCCER: Whether you are an annual pass holder at $99.99 per year, or a month-to-month customer at $9.99, your rate will not change in 2023. If you renew today or renew at any point during 2023, your rate will hold at $99.99, or $9.99 per month without a missed month.

FOR NEW CUSTOMERS: We will be offering a grace period until May 1st, 2023 to sign up for an annual subscription at a price of $99.99.

After May 1st, the price of our annual pass will be $119.99 for new sign-ups, or $12.99 per month."

Being on Rogers/Bell will help with monthly subs. For those who complain about signing up for another service, there will be less friction to get it for a month to watch Canada matches and/or Gold Cup. They can also sign up for the few months just needed to watch CPL.

There are usually also free previews at launch and thereafter, usually once a year that can raise awareness.

SN World reported to CRTC a couple years ago that their subs totalled 36k. So, if priced around $5-15/month, it is realistic for OS to achieve similar numbers. But for the near future, fubo will remain the largest platform for OS as fubo has over 142k in Canadian subs as of late last year.

It can also provide the boost to more fully round out OneSoccer's programming as Mediapro execs alluded to last year. They do need to show a women's league again. 

8 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

I san say that when Onesoccer was on Telus I accidentally started watching the channel often and when there was a game I wanted to watch 9/10 I'd watch it thru Telus rather than stream

It's still on Telus isn't it? Was it part of a sports package or was it a specialty channel that you had to pay for separately? The way you are talking about it maybe you are talking about having a free preview for a while?

For some reason I can't log in on the Roku app to watch the USA vs El Salvador game. I keep getting the device link message every time I try to pick something to watch. I also tried watching One Nation earlier today and had the same problem. Very frustrating. So I've got the game on in the background in another tab on my laptop.

While I am shaming OneSoccer's tech, I might as well add that the error page I am getting tells me to go to "support.onesoccer.ca". I went there and it just might be 100% useless (I'm not sure). Look at these helpful pages.
image.png.a20b8257dab61d26f5bcfd6f689932d8.png

That is everything for that section. Luckily I'm already signed up for OneSoccer though, so I don't need the non-existent info there. I guess what I need is from this section of the help page.

image.png.aafee3e67d3ba9076c6e2f90b73fba5e.png

And that's all of that page. I guess I'm out of luck. So I clicked on "Contact" and filled out the form they have there. I clicked Send, and nothing happened. Fantastic! I've tried the support page on my work laptop and on my phone, both are equally useless. So frustrating!!! Luckily I am going to tomorrow's game so I won't miss the big game due to OneSoccer's non-existent tech department, but I'm pretty upset tonight.

13 hours ago, Kent said:

For some reason I can't log in on the Roku app to watch the USA vs El Salvador game. I keep getting the device link message every time I try to pick something to watch. I also tried watching One Nation earlier today and had the same problem. Very frustrating. So I've got the game on in the background in another tab on my laptop.

Same thing happened to me! Thought my subscription ran out.  Went to review and the site said "Conducting technical upgrades, back on line March 28th".

It better work today as I can't make the game in person tonight. 

So I didn't have access to my Roku this weekend, and defaulted to Fubo on my laptop for the Saturday game. 

Either OneSoccer has improved the quality of their broadcast or the Roku OneSoccer App drastically drains the quality. It was night and day.

1 hour ago, Pottsy3 said:

So I didn't have access to my Roku this weekend, and defaulted to Fubo on my laptop for the Saturday game. 

Either OneSoccer has improved the quality of their broadcast or the Roku OneSoccer App drastically drains the quality. It was night and day.

I was watching with Roku throughout this weekend and last night's games.  I think it's the former.  I also noticed the improvement.

1 hour ago, Ivan said:

Same thing happened to me! Thought my subscription ran out.  Went to review and the site said "Conducting technical upgrades, back on line March 28th".

"Technical upgrades"? Oh my, are they ramping up for the Canada game? Please I hope they are improving their infrastructure. Please!

1 hour ago, Ivan said:

P.S. I just checked and it is working today!

• 2 weeks later...

So was looking at Fubotv vs Onesoccer, $25 per month vs $10 per month or $200 vs $100 annually. In the end went with Onesoccer for the year as I won't be watching much of the other content that Fubotv offers or already get that content elsewhere. Think the OS price goes up to $120 on May 1st. Onesoccer also works great on my Roku when I had it in the past.

3 hours ago, CDNFootballer said:

So was looking at Fubotv vs Onesoccer, $25 per month vs $10 per month or $200 vs $100 annually. In the end went with Onesoccer for the year as I won't be watching much of the other content that Fubotv offers or already get that content elsewhere. Think the OS price goes up to $120 on May 1st. Onesoccer also works great on my Roku when I had it in the past.

I would still be with onesoccer if it wasn't for the EPL. I'm open to renewing onesocer down the line if they add more content/leagues and features that are useful and not on their main channel.

As it is right now there is very rarely a clash of games that aren't available through Fubo. Sometimes they have 2 cpl games on at the same time but it's rare. Even with the women's she believes and men's u17 game happening at the same time they put one on for free on YouTube.

16 hours ago, CDNFootballer said:

Fubo's renewal rate/price will be interesting.  I (and quite a number of people I know) signed up last June when they were having a $100 sale.  Honestly haven't been impressed with their service at all. 

5 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Fubo's renewal rate/price will be interesting.  I (and quite a number of people I know) signed up last June when they were having a $100 sale.  Honestly haven't been impressed with their service at all. 

Bit like onesoccer and CPL before, they have PL fans by the balls. Doesn't matter whether the service is shit, fans will end up paying because they have no other choice.

I see they have bloated up to be more like a cable company, the current renewal is actually $199 right now for their basic package and $379 😳 yep nearly $400 for their 76 channel package that has stuff like Disney channel, showcase etc.  Mental. 

$200 might actually be hard to justify in June tbh.