OneSoccer

Foreen

1 hour ago, toontownman said:

Bit like onesoccer and CPL before, they have PL fans by the balls. Doesn't matter whether the service is shit, fans will end up paying because they have no other choice.

Actually, there's 2 other choices, and I've heard people going both directions: "finding" it online, or just stopping to follow it.  I suspect this is the direction MLS is going to be heading as well.  I don't think CPL fans "find" it that often, but I'm not sure how much growth we've seen for streaming OneSoccer either (since none of these services disclose their numbers).

The one difference for MLS is that they're still getting just under half their Canadian games on TSN.  Not great, but much better than some of the predictions of "zero" on here.

Edited by Watchmen

21 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Fubo's renewal rate/price will be interesting.  I (and quite a number of people I know) signed up last June when they were having a $100 sale.  Honestly haven't been impressed with their service at all. 

What about their service has been disappointing?   I have been enjoying it quite a bit.  If the renewal price is high I will likely just go back to OS-only since I don’t actually watch much EPL these days (I mainly watch Lille and the CanCon on it) but I have been pretty happy with it overall.  

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

What about their service has been disappointing?   I have been enjoying it quite a bit.  If the renewal price is high I will likely just go back to OS-only since I don’t actually watch much EPL these days (I mainly watch Lille and the CanCon on it) but I have been pretty happy with it overall.  

I find their user interface to be a bit clunky.  But it's probably more of a gripe about their EPL coverage.  If your game isn't on Match of the Day, there's really nothing pre or post-game or at the half.   It all feels very bare bones, like they did the very minimum but nothing more.

I never got Fubo. Equal parts not really caring about EPL anymore (I stopped following when I had young kids and got busy on Saturday mornings about 7 years ago) and just laziness "Oh my god my OneSoccer subscription expired and I haven't researched Fubo... I'll just re-up OneSoccer".

I haven't gotten MLS Season pass. It's more expensive than OneSoccer. MLS gives me access to some TFC games that aren't on TSN which I would want to watch, and Leagues Cup (I think?) which I have no interest in. OneSoccer gives me access to all York United games which I want to watch, and Voyageurs Cup, CONCACAF Champions League, Women's, Men's and Youth national team games. Much better deal for OneSoccer. Both services (I have used Apple + for a couple free games) have their glitches. At least OneSoccer I know I can look up a game and not get a score spoiler (but it's otherwise nice on Apple to be able to start a game from the start that is in progress... too bad I have to get my wife to start it for me so I avoid the score).

I've had FUBO for a while now and it's been working fine.

Then, today, I was watching the Liverpool/Arsenal game and had multiple problems with buffering.  There were 10 to 20 times where the picture would freeze, then go black, then the dreaded loading circle would appear.   Each incident lasted for about 15 to 20 seconds.  Very irritating.

Don't know much about the technology to know what happened.  Thought maybe a lot of people were watching the game and the problem originated at the source? 

OneSoccer gets a lot of flack for their technical difficulties. But this weekend shows live streaming tech across big & small platforms still need further advancements.

1. 2 NWSL international & P+ match feeds were glitchy for the first 30 minutes. Streaming is produced by Vista WorldLink which also does Fox MLS broadcasts.

2. Apple TV+ went down for about 2 hours on Saturday night which impacted the later starting MLS matches. According to some, the only ray of light was missing Lalas guest appearance on MLS 360.

https://awfulannouncing.com/apple/apple-tv-went-down-at-a-very-bad-time-for-mls-viewers.html

3. Netflix's foray into entertainment live streaming of Love is Blind reunion episode yesterday was cancelled after failing to resolve technical difficulties for 75 minutes. Show still went on, so video will be released later.

https://awfulannouncing.com/netflix/love-is-blind-failure-live-sports-stream-unprepared.html

Edited by red card

11 hours ago, red card said:

OneSoccer gets a lot of flack for their technical difficulties. But this weekend shows live streaming tech across big & small platforms still need further advancements.

1. 2 NWSL international & P+ match feeds were glitchy for the first 30 minutes. Streaming is produced by Vista WorldLink which also does Fox MLS broadcasts.

2. Apple TV+ went down for about 2 hours on Saturday night which impacted the later starting MLS matches. According to some, the only ray of light was missing Lalas guest appearance on MLS 360.

https://awfulannouncing.com/apple/apple-tv-went-down-at-a-very-bad-time-for-mls-viewers.html

3. Netflix's foray into entertainment live streaming of Love is Blind reunion episode yesterday was cancelled after failing to resolve technical difficulties for 75 minutes. Show still went on, so video will be released later.

https://awfulannouncing.com/netflix/love-is-blind-failure-live-sports-stream-unprepared.html

I watched the TFC game (free) on Apple this past weekend. The sound wasn't synced with the video. It was off by a full second or two. Luckily the sound was behind the video instead of the other way around, which meant I didn't get spoilers for the video, but it was annoying.

On 4/17/2023 at 10:46 PM, Kent said:

I watched the TFC game (free) on Apple this past weekend. The sound wasn't synced with the video. It was off by a full second or two. Luckily the sound was behind the video instead of the other way around, which meant I didn't get spoilers for the video, but it was annoying.

This might have actually been a Roku problem rather than Apple. I later had the same problem with OneSoccer so I rebooted my Roku and that fixed the problem.

On 4/20/2023 at 9:36 PM, Kent said:

This might have actually been a Roku problem rather than Apple. I later had the same problem with OneSoccer so I rebooted my Roku and that fixed the problem.

I've seen this on Roku very occasionally on more than one channel. Just exiting the app and re-entering is often enough.

But reboots are vey quick (I just pull the cord), and never hurt!

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

2 games on simultaneously tomorrow right? Do we know which is on the main channel, and if the other will be made available on Youtube, or will only OneSoccer subscribers have access to both?

My schedule on Fubo shows TFC v Montreal.

In the previous round you need the One Soccer subscription to see the other game (which was Forge again I think)

Edited by narduch

3 minutes ago, narduch said:

My schedule on Fubo shows TFC v Montreal.

In the previous round you need the One Soccer subscription to see the other game (which was Forge again I think)

That sucks. I'll switch back to OneSoccer from Fubo once the Premier League ends, if that's the case

3 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Cheers. I imagine more CPL fans are subscribing to OneSoccer than MLS fans, but Toronto Montreal must still be a bigger draw 

Probably a lot of fans like me that still cheer for an MLS team in addition to a CPL team. There are likely even some Forge fans who prefer TFC still... well maybe not THIS year.

Received an email from Fubo reminding me that my subscription expires in June.  Was a bit surprised that when it listed the leagues it mentioned the EPL, Serie A, and Coppa Italia, but not the CPL/Canada Soccer matches.  As a Canadian resident, I just thought that might be something they'd promote.  And granted the first three were mentioned as "the only place to access them", but still...

12 hours ago, Watchmen said:

Received an email from Fubo reminding me that my subscription expires in June.  Was a bit surprised that when it listed the leagues it mentioned the EPL, Serie A, and Coppa Italia, but not the CPL/Canada Soccer matches.  As a Canadian resident, I just thought that might be something they'd promote.  And granted the first three were mentioned as "the only place to access them", but still...

I think it's because the Canadian matches are received indirectly through another provider, ie. One Soccer.  I don't see them advertising about Benfica home matches either even though those matches are all available through the Benfica channel.