OneSoccer

Foreen

Odd - watching OneSoccer through Fubo on my Roku, there's frames dropping a couple of times a second, so the picture freezes for a flash (but sound is okay).

But fine on my laptop, and on my TV (LGTV). Not sure what that's about - I haven't seen it before.

On 9/27/2022 at 12:47 PM, nfitz said:

Odd - watching OneSoccer through Fubo on my Roku, there's frames dropping a couple of times a second, so the picture freezes for a flash (but sound is okay).

But fine on my laptop, and on my TV (LGTV). Not sure what that's about - I haven't seen it before.

Ah, problem solved - seems to be an HDMI cable/HDMI settings issue, from when I swapped a cable a week or two ago. But only seems to impact OneSoccer and not other Streaming serviecs through Roku.

Easy solution!

You can watch the remaining 9 October CPL matches for free on mobile, web & Telus TV via the new Telus Sports app. 

They call it a fully-immersive Sports Metaverse service. Only real detail provided is that 8 different camera angles can be selected. The tech provider (YBVR) has done similar things with Real Madrid, Aussie Open & EuroLeague basketball.

https://telussports.ybvr.com/

https://mediaprocanada.tv/en/news/MEDIAPRO_Canada_YBVR_and_TELUS_join_forces_to_deliver_immersive_viewing_experience_for_CPL_fans

Getting casuals is often bandied around here often - usually by watering down the product that will likely turn off the core audience.

But again, it has been proven that storytelling & focusing on compelling people in sports is one of the best gateway drugs to a sport/league.

Because Welcome to Wrexham has entered the American zeitgeist, ESPN2 will be broadcasting a FA Cup 4th round qualifier match this Saturday at 800 EDT between Wrexham & Blyth Spartans. A match between 5th tier vs 6th tier clubs. 

Disney owns FX, so it is an obvious tie-in. Rogers has a stake in FX Canada & owns FA Cup rights but so far no sign it will be on Sportsnet. 

So, the WECAN doc is a good initiative. And there are already media friendly stars like Herdman & Davies to help the cause.

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/espn2-will-air-wrexham-afcs-fa-cup-qualifier-on-saturday.html

Edited by red card

6 hours ago, red card said:

Talk is another non-European based league will be added. And certain Premier League magazine style shows such as from Man City TV will also be added.

It would be amazing to get some South American content. Maybe the Brazilian or Argentinian leagues. We don’t get enough exposure to the region 

Globe article says Rogers responded to OneSoccer's filing. They don't believe SN is competing with OneSoccer since SN "devote an extremely small amount of their schedules to soccer".

Rogers insists soccer is not a significant element of its schedule – comprising “a mere 1.2 per cent of the [Sportsnet and Sportsnet One] programming,” according to the letter it filed with the CRTC – the operation does have its own soccer-focused channel, Sportsnet World. “Just over 30 per cent of [that channel’s schedule] is devoted to German Bundesliga soccer and the English FA Cup,” Rogers wrote. “None of the programming involves Canadian soccer leagues, games or teams.”

Regarding CPL, Rogers says "OneSoccer has too few games of broad national interest to make the service commercially successful as a traditional TV channel, noting that the fledgling CPL, which provides the bulk of the channel’s matches, attracts only a few thousand in-person spectators for its live games, and ”obviously is not a widely popular league whose games would garner large audiences on linear TV.”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-rogers-onesoccer-sportsnet-competition-crtc/

31 minutes ago, red card said:

Globe article says Rogers responded to OneSoccer's filing. They don't believe SN is competing with OneSoccer since SN "devote an extremely small amount of their schedules to soccer".

Rogers insists soccer is not a significant element of its schedule – comprising “a mere 1.2 per cent of the [Sportsnet and Sportsnet One] programming,” according to the letter it filed with the CRTC – the operation does have its own soccer-focused channel, Sportsnet World. “Just over 30 per cent of [that channel’s schedule] is devoted to German Bundesliga soccer and the English FA Cup,” Rogers wrote. “None of the programming involves Canadian soccer leagues, games or teams.”

Regarding CPL, Rogers says "OneSoccer has too few games of broad national interest to make the service commercially successful as a traditional TV channel, noting that the fledgling CPL, which provides the bulk of the channel’s matches, attracts only a few thousand in-person spectators for its live games, and ”obviously is not a widely popular league whose games would garner large audiences on linear TV.”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-rogers-onesoccer-sportsnet-competition-crtc/

Well, that is a GIRFUY right there. 

🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by gwsmith63

2 hours ago, red card said:

Quite shocking they didn't make a complete about face and embrace coverage of the domestic game given all the great publicity lately

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2022 at 7:17 AM, m-g-williams said:

Anyone else having trouble getting the audio commentary for the LOSC match right now? The video and stadium audio are fine, but I can't figure out how to get the commentary on OS. 

I was having the same problem, put the game on FUBO and the audio worked.  Did you ever get it working?

9 hours ago, red card said:

OS starting to wedge itself amongst Canadian industry insiders. Other 2022 winners include Brian Williams, Westhead & Jamie Campbell.

Quite right.

For those of us who watch OneSoccer Today you know at times the show can go from playful and silly to an exercise in trying to herd cats.  Anybody who can gracefully pull that off a couple of times a week, as Ms Petrillo does, deserves recognition.  

• 4 weeks later...