Dayne St. Clair

section114row20

Jeepers, isnt taking  Ranjitsingh enough???  These T and T guys are greedy.  Although that article seems like he is being diplomatic with TT, not wanting to diss them.  Seriously if Ranjitisingh hasnt gotten any minutes for TT why would St clair?  And if St CLair projects to be much better than Ranj (which i think he does), then he sure deserves a call up for us.  IF we actually played any games....

5 hours ago, Bison44 said:

Jeepers, isnt taking  Ranjitsingh enough???  These T and T guys are greedy.  Although that article seems like he is being diplomatic with TT, not wanting to diss them.  Seriously if Ranjitisingh hasnt gotten any minutes for TT why would St clair?  And if St CLair projects to be much better than Ranj (which i think he does), then he sure deserves a call up for us.  IF we actually played any games....

I mean if Ranjitsingh is 1st choice for Orlando, we should try to call him up.

• 1 month later...

Apparently he's loaned to USL League One club Forward Madison 'cause he played for them yesterday. Madison lost 1-0 at Chattanooga. 

"The loan, ... is for the 2019 season with a right to recall."

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/sports-pmn/minnesota-united-loans-out-canadian-goalkeeper-dayne-st-claire-to-usl-team

Edited by shamrock

On 2/27/2019 at 12:59 AM, Jith12 said:

He's pretty focused, which I like. We're not second choice!

“I have thought about playing for Canada’s senior team as I have played for Canada at various youth ages, he said.

But if not, he was asked, would he consider a TT call-up?

“I would consider playing for TT if I was not with Canada’s programme. That (a place on TT’s senior team) is not something I am willing to commit to at this point in time.”

1 hour ago, shamrock said:

Apparently he's loaned to USL League One club Forward Madison 'cause he played for them yesterday. Madison lost 1-0 at Chattanooga. 

"The loan, ... is for the 2019 season with a right to recall."

https://nationalpost.com/pmn/sports-pmn/minnesota-united-loans-out-canadian-goalkeeper-dayne-st-claire-to-usl-team

Good for him, if he can get a full season under his belt then it will only be a step up.

Here are the Highlights of his pro debut ⬇️ He didn't really have much to do, and the goal he allowed was well struck into the upper corner, so no chance there

Minnesota United really believe in him, he looked solid in pre-season and we could see him play this season in MLS if one of the two keepers gets injured: Bobby Shuttleworth and Vito Mannone, good thing they have the right to recall. And at Madison he's got Brian Sylvestre to compete with, so nothing but healthy competition all around; he's said he's been learning a lot from the experienced netminders

For me personally, he's my starting GK for the Olympic U23 Qualifying tournament in October as of now with Pantemis and Hasal as part of a majority North American Based Squad.

I think it's fair to say USL League One will be right around the same level of play as CPL, as they are both leagues that are starting up, various players from USL "Championship" moved down with a mixture of loans from MLS clubs and a handful of NCAA standouts 

Since Jayson Leutwiler and Simon Thomas are not playing and haven't featured since November of last year, I personally would love for Canada to name the 3rd GK out of CPL. Carducci, Roberts more than likely although not sleep on Farago and Ingham. 

If St Clair impresses, consider him too

Its just that if I'm Herdman I wouldn't select a player that's not active/in form tbh, plus Borjan is 31 and Crepeau is 24 turning 25 soon, I think it's time to test the depth chart pool and CPL can and will help, doesn't hurt to get younger, I'd expect 4/5 GK to be  in the 40 man preliminary list for the gold cup 

Edited by Blackjack15

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Seems like a good move for ST Clair.  Maybe if Minnesota stays high in the table over the next few games they'll let him in for a game or at least the US Cup.  They are very high on Mannone though, but its good to see that they want to hold onto St Clair.  

On 8/7/2019 at 12:26 PM, Bison44 said:

Seems like a good move for ST Clair.  Maybe if Minnesota stays high in the table over the next few games they'll let him in for a game or at least the US Cup.  They are very high on Mannone though, but its good to see that they want to hold onto St Clair.  

lol ....for the final, against ATL? yea right.

9 hours ago, Big_M said:

Still a possibility of lifting three cups in his first season as pro..mls, open cup and usl league one..not bad

Like every other player! (at the start of the season).

I think Atlanta United are heavy favorites because of the home-advantage. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/30/2019 at 5:07 PM, lazlo_80 said:

This kid could be special.

I mean it is a great opportunity to train with EPL players and with probably one of the most underrated English keepers in Tom Heaton, but I would not rate him higher than Pantemis, who also trains abroad with Bologna. Both are the same age and both are struggling for playtime. 

But it is cool and I hope he learns a lot. Hope he proves me wrong one day.