Saint Kitts & Nevis vs Canada - Sunday November 18th

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, shamrock said:

Nice opportunity to definitely captie Godinho btw. Not that it's high priority at all, but we need starting RB anyway. Just guessing he's better than ZBG at the moment. 

I was impressed with the performance of ZBG vs Dominica ...he was making great runs behind the defenders and was wide open a number of times...our mids only spotted him once (Atiba). Plays like a modern fullback. Clearly getting good development at Lyon and also displayed the ability to tackle. Godinho may not be in game shape .. he has not played much since his injury and I suspect SK are going to rely on their speed on the counter.

1 hour ago, Kadenge said:

I was impressed with the performance of ZBG vs Dominica ...he was making great runs behind the defenders and was wide open a number of times...our mids only spotted him once (Atiba). Plays like a modern fullback. Clearly getting good development at Lyon and also displayed the ability to tackle. Godinho may not be in game shape .. he has not played much since his injury and I suspect SK are going to rely on their speed on the counter.

Of course it depends on what each shows in training, but considering Godinho is coming back from injury, ZBG's performance against Dominica, and SKN's presumed speed in attack, I image he will get the nod.

But we'll see. I think both players can do the job.

4 hours ago, MtlMario said:

Seriously, now we're worried about St. Kitts!!! A week ago we were all creaming our pants because of all the new players playing for us and the future looked so bright. I predict a 6-0 score.(for us of course?)

Playing away in CONCACAF is always tricky, regardless the opponent

Hey guys, I talked to Cordova today about his omission/absence for this call up and AGAIN he told me the same thing 

Basically

- Playing with Two at the back again 

- Goal Differential matters and they’re gonna continue to have an attacking presence 

- More Tactical/Technical decision and he has been considered in every window and that he remains available to pick up when Canada calls 

- That once they face tougher opposition they will play four at the back and competition for places in the defense will begin in preparation for the Gold Cup

Herdman has spoken with him and that he’s in the plans just hasn’t been there for the reasons I just listed

For example vs NZ in Spain (John’s first camp in charge) he was called up along with Petrasso at RB but he declined so he could continue his run of games and they talked to Godihno who had just started to get appearances with Hearts back in March

So yeah, Expect more of the same for this game except being more careful when we defend

I predict this will be the line up vs St Kitts:

3 Changes from last XI 

• Borjan in for Busti who’s at U20s 

• Henry in for Cornelius

• Piette In for  Osorio who’s injured 

and subs: 

• Larin in for cavallini 

• Tabla in for David

• ZBG/Godihno in for Millar

GO CANADA ?? 

94CF8572-535A-4C7A-9CD6-311EF6FF6A28.jpeg

15 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Hey guys, I talked to Cordova today about his omission/absence for this call up and AGAIN he told me the same thing 

Basically

- Playing with Two at the back again 

- Goal Differential matters and they’re gonna continue to have an attacking presence 

- More Tactical/Technical decision and he has been considered in every window and that he remains available to pick up when Canada calls 

- That once they face tougher opposition they will play four at the back and competition for places in the defense will begin in preparation for the Gold Cup

Herdman has spoken with him and that he’s in the plans just hasn’t been there for the reasons I just listed

For example vs NZ in Spain (John’s first camp in charge) he was called up along with Petrasso at RB but he declined so he could continue his run of games and they talked to Godihno who had just started to get appearances with Hearts back in March

So yeah, Expect more of the same for this game except being more careful when we defend

I predict this will be the line up vs St Kitts:

3 Changes from last XI 

• Borjan in for Busti who’s at U20s 

• Henry in for Cornelius

• Piette In for  Osorio who’s injured 

and subs: 

• Larin in for cavallini 

• Tabla in for David

• ZBG/Godihno in for Millar

GO CANADA ?? 

94CF8572-535A-4C7A-9CD6-311EF6FF6A28.jpeg

Davies and Millar at fullback hurts my heart. SKN are better than the previous two teams and will roast us on the counter if we go two at the back.

7 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

Davies and Millar at fullback hurts my heart. SKN are better than the previous two teams and will roast us on the counter if we go two at the back.

I'm fine with Davies at LB, he has played there enough with the Caps, I think I would prefer a more natural Right Back on the other side!

50 minutes ago, gator said:

I'm fine with Davies at LB, he has played there enough with the Caps, I think I would prefer a more natural Right Back on the other side!

I'd like to see him closer to goal. We have Levis/De Jong/Adekugbe there who all deserve to play. Davies should be on the right and Hoilett on the left. Millar should be on the bench.

13 hours ago, admin said:

Get yer viewing parties set up people.

Let me know asap so we can the word out.

It's a Sunday so.... we should have these across the country. 

If there was a tv broadcast we would have them across the country. Streaming it is too much bother to organize viewing parties and have people travel a long way for a low quality broadcast with at least 25% chance that it is not going to work.

18 minutes ago, Grizzly said:

If there was a tv broadcast we would have them across the country. Streaming it is too much bother to organize viewing parties and have people travel a long way for a low quality broadcast with at least 25% chance that it is not going to work.

I’ve had zero problems with the streams on the Go app.

3 hours ago, Grizzly said:

Yup.

Streaming in a bar is a problem.

We got lucky here but it took many bars to find one that worked.

Archived