Saint Kitts & Nevis vs Canada - Sunday November 18th

On 10/29/2018 at 11:22 AM, hamiltonfan said:

Any word on when camp opens? Will the team be grouping in Florida prior as usual for Caribbean/ Central American competition?

I’d like to know this as well.

When is the roster released? Tomorrow or Monday? 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

The Friday before the FIFA window is Nov 9th. That is the CSA's usual roster release date. Nobody should be complaining until that day.

9 days before the match? That’s not how they do it, the last roster was released on a Tuesday exactly 2 weeks before we played Dominica.  The latest I could imagine would be 2 weeks prior.. which would be Sunday —> so Monday. 

The window opens November 12, but I suspect we may open camp a day or two early for players in their offseason.   

25 minutes ago, Gian-Luca said:

I am guessing now Osorio is out due to the sports hernia operation he just did, according to the TFC website 

Yeah I watched his most recent interview on the TFC website, he was asked if he'll be available to the CanMNT match, and his response came off as apprehensive.

Perhaps this is why.

We are 5/6 days away from roster reveal 

I would like to see squad rotation and new faces 

This the 23 I would call up:

GK’s - Crepeau, Thomas, Leutwiler 

LB - Adekugbe, Levis 

CB - James, Henry, Straith, Edgar 

RB - Petrasso, Cordova 

MF -  Hutchinson, Arfield, Hoilett, Davies, Piette, Wotherspoon, Edwards, Akindele

ST - Larin, Cavallini, Ricketts, AJH

Not in:

• Borjan (Focused in UEFA Champions League)

• Injured: (Osorio, Kaye) 

• Dropped: Pantemis, Cornelius, and ZBG

• Switch: Teibert (Chance to see other guys)

Just misses selection: DF -  Morgan, Godihno, MF - Aird, Chapman

• Not considered for this one: (U21) Twardek, Fraser 

• U20 championship knockout stage: Busti, Tabla, Millar, David 

Would be interesting if Herdman decided to bring in a completely new player into the fold 

Thoughts? What would be your 23 for this Nations League Match 

9 minutes ago, hamiltonfan said:

From what I’m hearing. Expect much similar, offensive minded, tactics. 

Ugh those tactics don't work against even slightly better teams. Canada eventually started tripping over themselves against Dominica playing like 36 FWs. Saint Kitts is better than Dominica and won't hesitate to hit us on the counter. Herdman needs to start using a proper formation.

8 hours ago, Blackjack15 said:

Would be interesting if Herdman decided to bring in a completely new player into the fold

I know that we haven't seen much of him, but I'd love to see Adam Hemati in this squad. He's playing at a high level and has performed well when called upon. It's a good opportunity to analyze his capabilities and determine where his place in the program is. It would also be a nice story to have a player going from USports to the national team in just a couple years.

Does Cornelius still get a call?  He’s started both matches for Canada but isn’t playing in Serbia’s second division. 

Personally, I think your hands are tied and you need to drop him.  Otherwise, you can never use “playing time” as a reason for dropping other players.  We have a bunch of centerbacks playing more than him I think he needs to be left off this squad for one of Vitoria, Jakovic, Hainault, Stanese, Meilleur-Giguere, Ouimette, Straith, Kapor etc. 

Way too many guys playing at similar or better levels to call him right now.

2 hours ago, Keegan said:

Does Cornelius still get a call?  He’s started both matches for Canada but isn’t playing in Serbia’s second division. 

Personally, I think your hands are tied and you need to drop him.  Otherwise, you can never use “playing time” as a reason for dropping other players.  We have a bunch of centerbacks playing more than him I think he needs to be left off this squad for one of Vitoria, Jakovic, Hainault, Stanese, Meilleur-Giguere, Ouimette, Straith, Kapor etc. 

Way too many guys playing at similar or better levels to call him right now.

My issue is that if you're gonna justify calling up Edgar, why aren't guys like Amer Didic or Mallan Roberts getting called? They're playing more regularly at similar levels and are much younger.

13 minutes ago, Vince193 said:

My issue is that if you're gonna justify calling up Edgar, why aren't guys like Amer Didic or Mallan Roberts getting called? They're playing more regularly at similar levels and are much younger.

Well now that’s a different argument with varying levels of playing time against each other.  Also the fact Edgar is a veteran who has played at the highest level and is coming off a serious injury.  Didic and Roberts are guys who have never played above USL level. At their ages it doesn’t look likely that they’ll ever be more than that.  

That’s a subjective argument for the manager.  But when you have regular playing defenders vs a 20 year old who isn’t playing at a low level that is different. That IMO should put him out of consideration.

On 10/21/2018 at 10:27 PM, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

Saint Kitts & Nevis vs Canada - Sunday November 18th ( CONCACAF says 7pm, SK&N say 8pm.... so who knows!)

DqE_nlkXcAAMP5g.jpg

4 weeks until the next game.

1) Players! Who gets the call with some of the young guys possibly going to the U20s?

2) Who's going?

Seems like we have at least one Voyageur! @markeelliott

Anybody else?

I'll be heading down as well. Flying out the following Monday afternoon. Anyone else?

@markeelliott have you locked down tickets? Doesn't seem like there's a way to buy them online. Guess we just show up at the box office and hope it isn't the hottest ticket in town hah

Come on guys, the coach doesn’t go to the11.ca and chose the top minutes earners in every position. He is going to choose who he feels the best players are. Minutes played is just one factor. I hope Herdman spreads the minutes around until he has found his desired pairing. But just because one guy is called doesn’t mean everyone will think they will be.

1 hour ago, Keegan said:

Well now that’s a different argument with varying levels of playing time against each other.  Also the fact Edgar is a veteran who has played at the highest level and is coming off a serious injury.  Didic and Roberts are guys who have never played above USL level. At their ages it doesn’t look likely that they’ll ever be more than that.  

That’s a subjective argument for the manager.  But when you have regular playing defenders vs a 20 year old who isn’t playing at a low level that is different. That IMO should put him out of consideration.

Herdman is also using these games for experience for younger players and those who will be our experienced players in the next cycle. For this fact alone I don't see the likes of Edgar jackovic or Vitoria. If they were starting players in the bigger European leagues that demanded it maybe. I wouldn't be opposed to seeing Vitoria back though. 

If Cornelius isn't getting club minutes this would likely help him. Leaving him out puts the pressure on him to move on if he wants to get picked for the national team. 

Is Romaine Sawyers the danger man?

Romaine Sawyers - Wikipedia
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romaine_Sawyers

Romaine Sawyers - Player Profile 18/19 | Transfermarkt
https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/romaine-sawyers/profil/spieler/113036

I know we all love transfer market...

Noticed his value is 4th highest amongst all players in league of nations qualifying. Only Davies, Hoilett and Michael Hector (Jamaica) are higher.

Archived