Saint Kitts & Nevis vs Canada - Sunday November 18th

Just now, Kent said:

I am in the "just get a win" camp, but I don't think Canada should be intimidated by St. Kitts. I just think we should respect them.

I agree with that.  I guess my point is just that we have to be pretty confident of a win against opponents like these.  If we aren't, we have no right to pretend that going forward we deserve to make the WC, the hex, or the latter stages of the GC. 

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Kent said:

I am in the "just get a win" camp, but I don't think Canada should be intimidated by St. Kitts. I just think we should respect them.

I agree. I think playing Davies and Millar at wingback is disrespectful and could very well backfire. We have talented players who play those positions in Adekugbe and Godinho. Let’s play those guys in an actual formation. I think Davies is really going to need to be close to the net if we are to win this game by any large margin. 

My prediction, if we play Davies and Millar at FB: 2-1 Canada

If we play a normal Lineup: 3-0 Canada

This game is super important to Canada and I can't see the team taking this lightly. For that reason alone I am confident we will get a result. The other thing is in WC qualifying when you play a two game set, having a scoreless draw on the road isn't the end of the world as you get a chance to beat the team at home in the other leg.  No second leg here - we can't really play for a draw or it puts our chances of a top 6 finish in jeopardy.  In a few years we should be scoffing at the thought of this team even competing with us, but right now based on recent results there should be none of that and for those reasons I expect the team will be prepared, play well and win the game, score not being overly important. 

1 hour ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

I agree. I think playing Davies and Millar at wingback is disrespectful and could very well backfire. We have talented players who play those positions in Adekugbe and Godinho. Let’s play those guys in an actual formation. I think Davies is really going to need to be close to the net if we are to win this game by any large margin. 

My prediction, if we play Davies and Millar at FB: 2-1 Canada

If we play a normal Lineup: 3-0 Canada

This. I assume that the call to Adekugbe and Godinho is a sign from JH that we will be going with traditonal fullbacks. ..let's hope this is the case.

I don't know how you all can be confident of a win away. I'm sure the US were confident that they could beat Trinidad and Tobago. To me this has trap game written all over it. I'm not even going to hazard a guess what the final score will be, so I can't be disappointed.

5 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

Say all you want about the dangers of overconfidence or no tricky away games in CONCACAF, but if we are in any way intimidated by a squad like this, we should just pack it up because we have no business pretending we are becoming a true footy nation.

No one said we should be intimidated, but with the way teams play in CONCACAF, there is always the possibility that Canada could get shocked, not because St Kitt is better, but because they get careless. Its not outside the realm of possibility for a team like St Kitts to get a goal on a counter attack (specially if we are playing with only CBs and they can't keep up pace wise) and then bunker in, and perhaps even getting a 2nd goal as we try to level the score. Overconfidence oftentime leads to carelessness. It is wise to never disrespect the opponent. of course can't show them too much respect either (both arent mutually exclusive)

2 hours ago, MrsC said:

I was a little slow to get this organised but the Winnipeg viewing is confirmed for Nicolinos 

https://www.facebook.com/events/1957475201213577/

Great! 

Most people can't even get a stream going in a bar.  

It is understandable to some degree that bars would be weary of hooking computers up not knowing what is legal to show.

Some random dude, or employee is like "Hey man we got a UFC stream on Reddit...."  

Then the bar gets nailed. 

1 hour ago, admin said:

Great! 

Most people can't even get a stream going in a bar.  

We are trying here in Victoria but I cannot seem to get reliable info. The CSA website says KO is at 5:00 pm Pacific Time, the Nations League website says 4:00 pm and both contradict the first time I saw listed which was 2:00 pm Pacific time.

Sadly the time makes a huge difference when Yankee Pointy-Ball is on and bringing in way more people to the bars. :(

8 minutes ago, ted said:

We are trying here in Victoria but I cannot seem to get reliable info. The CSA website says KO is at 5:00 pm Pacific Time, the Nations League website says 4:00 pm and both contradict the first time I saw listed which was 2:00 pm Pacific time.

Sadly the time makes a huge difference when Yankee Pointy-Ball is on and bringing in way more people to the bars. :(

4 PM Pacific seems right. I'm wondering where you got the 2 PM Pacific time.

40 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

4 PM Pacific seems right. I'm wondering where you got the 2 PM Pacific time.

The times for me are like a random number generator when using a VPN, privacy settings ect....

I hate FB ect trying to be smart. 

Just now, Boominbooty said:

Is there any way to watch the match later on concacafgo WITHOUT finding out the score? I tried this last time with the Dominica match and I got the score right away when I was hunting around their site to watch it.

That would really be a good, easy and sensible featur to add.

41 minutes ago, Boominbooty said:

Is there any way to watch the match later on concacafgo WITHOUT finding out the score? I tried this last time with the Dominica match and I got the score right away when I was hunting around their site to watch it.

Perhaps someone could DM you a direct link? Or, if you live with someone, ask them to find the match on the site and start it. (I had my ex do this for Euro 2012 :P)

2 hours ago, Boominbooty said:

I believe bookmarking the Canada page will take you directly to the videos without showing scores.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:09 PM, Kent said:

Totally correct. If we don't respect them, we will lose. If we do, then we should win. This is CONCACAF.  We've all seen too many games that Canada should have won, if only...(fill in a plethora of excuses here). I think Herdman will have our boys mentally prepared, so we should get the result we want.

Just now, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

What boggles my mind is that no other coach has done this. Is this actually a thing unique to Herdman? You would think other coaches would have thought of this too...

I think  we didn't have the time. Remember that every time we played an official match from recent memory (excluding friendlies) we've always played 2 in the same window since Jamaica away in 08. So let's say we have a match on a Friday so players get to Florida on the Monday at the latest and you can train there to get every one and fly on Tuesday so that means maybe 2 practice days before the match. Now, we have 2 more practice days that we can have there.  And if it was the second match on the Tuesday, you play your match on Friday, travel on Saturday and it's around the same day. 

23 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

I think  we didn't have the time. Remember that every time we played an official match from recent memory (excluding friendlies) we've always played 2 in the same window since Jamaica away in 08. So let's say we have a match on a Friday so players get to Florida on the Monday at the latest and you can train there to get every one and fly on Tuesday so that means maybe 2 practice days before the match. Now, we have 2 more practice days that we can have there.  And if it was the second match on the Tuesday, you play your match on Friday, travel on Saturday and it's around the same day. 

I feel like this is not an excuse - not that you are saying it is.

Archived