Saint Kitts & Nevis vs Canada - Sunday November 18th

Saint Kitts & Nevis vs Canada - Sunday November 18th ( CONCACAF says 7pm, SK&N say 8pm.... so who knows!)

DqE_nlkXcAAMP5g.jpg

4 weeks until the next game.

1) Players! Who gets the call with some of the young guys possibly going to the U20s?

2) Who's going?

Seems like we have at least one Voyageur! @markeelliott

On 10/9/2018 at 8:45 PM, markeelliott said:

I am heading to St. Kitts for the game. I already have flights and accommodations set up. I am heading down on the 10th from Toronto and out on the 19th to Miami. I would be happy to arrange a pre-game bar.

Anybody else?

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

( CONCACAF says 7pm, SK&N say 8pm.... so who knows!)

It's 7:00 Eastern and 8:00 Atlantic. The Lesser Antilles are on Atlantic time, which is why the Saint Kitts and Nevis FA say 8:00.

Let the kids go party with the U20's we have enough options to get us by IMO. 

• Borjan
  • Thomas
  • Pantemis
  • 2 of Godinho/Brault-Guillard/Cordova
  • Cornelius
  • James
  • Edgar
  • Henry
  • 2 of Morgan/DeJong/Adekugbe/Levis*
  • Hutchinson
  • Piette
  • Teibert
  • Edwards
  • Osorio
  • Arfield
  • Wotherspoon
  • Aird
  • Hoilett
  • Cavallini
  • Larin
  • Ricketts

*Be interesting to see if DeJong gets the recall as Levis has been getting the minutes. I am not sure he is at the right level but I'd love to see Levis brought into the camp. 

Can't wait for this one!

Saint Kitts & Nevis are 5th with 6 points and +11GD

Canada are 3rd with 6 points and +13GD

This away trip may be the most complicated for us.

The Sugar boyz are in good form, not only beating Saint Martin 10-0 last match, but coming into qualification on the back of a friendly away draw with Nicaragua, and respectable (if not encouraging) defeats to upstart Dominican Republic and regional heavyweight Jamaica. They also played a pair of friendlies earlier in 2018 against Armenia and Georgia, and while neither could be considered a top European side, St. Kitts & Nevis would have undoubtedly gained valuable experience from it.

Speaking of doubt, there is no doubt that John Herdman will have some tough decisions ahead of this match. Chief among them will be deciding what to do with Davies, David, Tabla, Millar and Busti - who all impressed against Dominica. With the U-20 qualifiers taking place from the 1-21 of Nov.

He'll be keen to keep building chemistry in the group and to do that he must have continuity. That being said, expect at least some minor turnover, since this tournament doubles as an opportunity to judge where players stand.

Changes:

I think it makes sense to bring Adekugbe and Godinho back. I would guess that we'll see one, if not both. I would flip a coin over De Jong and Morgan, but I think it'll be Ash. I don't think now is the team for Brett Levis, unless it's to just get to know and train with the group.

I think Vitoria remains in Poland for the time being. I like that he's getting minutes, but there's not room for both him and David Edgar. I'd say Herdman goes for the continuity. James, Cornelius and Henry pick themselves.

In central midfield I don't think much changes, it will be Osorio, Teibert, Chapman, Hutchinson, Piette and Arfield.   

Up front is pretty set: Cavallini and Larin, with Ricketts waiting in the wings.

Out wide is where we could see the most changes. Hoilett will remain, but there are questions about Davies, Tabla, David and Millar. Edwards and Akindele may get a run out, or we could see Aird or Cordova called for the first time under Herdman. Easy to forget about them and they are still only 23.

We are very deep in these positions indeed.

4 hours ago, Obinna said:

Can't wait for this one!

Saint Kitts & Nevis are 5th with 6 points and +11GD

Canada are 3rd with 6 points and +13GD

This away trip may be the most complicated for us.

The Sugar boyz are in good form, not only beating Saint Martin 10-0 last match, but coming into qualification on the back of a friendly away draw with Nicaragua, and respectable (if not encouraging) defeats to upstart Dominican Republic and regional heavyweight Jamaica. They also played a pair of friendlies earlier in 2018 against Armenia and Georgia, and while neither could be considered a top European side, St. Kitts & Nevis would have undoubtedly gained valuable experience from it.

Speaking of doubt, there is no doubt that John Herdman will have some tough decisions ahead of this match. Chief among them will be deciding what to do with Davies, David, Tabla, Millar and Busti - who all impressed against Dominica. With the U-20 qualifiers taking place from the 1-21 of Nov.

He'll be keen to keep building chemistry in the group and to do that he must have continuity. That being said, expect at least some minor turnover, since this tournament doubles as an opportunity to judge where players stand.

Changes:

I think it makes sense to bring Adekugbe and Godinho back. I would guess that we'll see one, if not both. I would flip a coin over De Jong and Morgan, but I think it'll be Ash. I don't think now is the team for Brett Levis, unless it's to just get to know and train with the group.

I think Vitoria remains in Poland for the time being. I like that he's getting minutes, but there's not room for both him and David Edgar. I'd say Herdman goes for the continuity. James, Cornelius and Henry pick themselves.

In central midfield I don't think much changes, it will be Osorio, Teibert, Chapman, Hutchinson, Piette and Arfield.   

Up front is pretty set: Cavallini and Larin, with Ricketts waiting in the wings.

Out wide is where we could see the most changes. Hoilett will remain, but there are questions about Davies, Tabla, David and Millar. Edwards and Akindele may get a run out, or we could see Aird or Cordova called for the first time under Herdman. Easy to forget about them and they are still only 23.

We are very deep in these positions indeed.

Good thinking. My guess is Davies, Tabla and David remain with the men's team. Busti goes to U-20s. Millar could go either way, I'd put him with the U-20s but suspect he'll remain with the men.

I am rehashing what I posted in the U20 thread, but I would prefer to see Davies, Tabla, Millar, David and Busti all go to the U20s.  We have talked about our newfound depth in midfield - this seems like the perfect opportunity to use it while still meeting the needs of both teams.   And as others have pointed out, we seem to have very capable replacement options for the kids if they go to the youth tourney.

Wish I could travel to this one, but the only way a Caribbean trip would ever be in the cards is if it happened in the winter and I could convince my wife to take a vacation )that just happened to be in the same country).

9 hours ago, toontownman said:

Let the kids go party with the U20's we have enough options to get us by IMO. 

• Borjan
  • Thomas
  • Pantemis
  • 2 of Godinho/Brault-Guillard/Cordova
  • Cornelius
  • James
  • Edgar
  • Henry
  • 2 of Morgan/DeJong/Adekugbe/Levis*
  • Hutchinson
  • Piette
  • Teibert
  • Edwards
  • Osorio
  • Arfield
  • Wotherspoon
  • Fisk
  • Hoilett
  • Cavallini
  • Larin
  • Ricketts

*Be interesting to see if DeJong gets the recall as Levis has been getting the minutes. I am not sure he is at the right level but I'd love to see Levis brought into the camp. 

Fixed your post...

26 minutes ago, El Diego said:

I think it's time we played with real full backs

Against a squad full of amateurs? I don't get you guys, first you complain about Floro parking the bus (when he had little choice IMO), now we have strong options in the attack, Herdman should hold back?

16 minutes ago, shamrock said:

Against a squad full of amateurs? I don't get you guys, first you complain about Floro parking the bus (when he had little choice IMO), now we have strong options in the attack, Herdman should hold back?

1. Not everyone on this forum has the same opinion. I don't think I posted here during the Floro era (although for the record, I do think he was too defensive a lot of the time).

2. I posted multiple times that I found our 2-5-3 hilarious but ultimately pointless as goal difference won't actually matter and it doesn't teach us anything.

3. We only have so many matches before we start playing teams where we need to start playing real line ups. Let's get some continuity going.

4.  I thought Millar was very poor against Dominica.

1 hour ago, El Diego said:

1. Not everyone on this forum has the same opinion. I don't think I posted here during the Floro era (although for the record, I do think he was too defensive a lot of the time).

2. I posted multiple times that I found our 2-5-3 hilarious but ultimately pointless as goal difference won't actually matter and it doesn't teach us anything.

3. We only have so many matches before we start playing teams where we need to start playing real line ups. Let's get some continuity going.

4.  I thought Millar was very poor against Dominica.

I agree with you and I've posted this same thought as well. I would rather see Davies and Millar as wingers where they're comfortable and CMNT actually use our fbs. Someone will have to be benched and the competition will do them good overall. Plus we got some fb that should be part of this team each games help create a proper chemistry for team. Can't stand seeing players be put into position they're not strong at or don't play with club team. If it's an emergency ok, but to start the game no reason for it. Get actual fbs reps.   

1 hour ago, shamrock said:

I dont think starting ZBG, Adekugbe, Dejong, Corodva (soon Godinho) etc is holding back.  Those guys need to get game time to mesh with the rest of the attack,  I doubt we ever see Millar at RB again, and Davies (IMHO) should be upfront, and would have done more playing there.  I dont think it was a major problem last time (Dominica) but as the opposition gets stiffer shouldnt we start to play guys in position and work on polishing up a real starting 11?  

And I wouldnt mind Levis getting a call, even if he doesnt make the field.  We know what Morgan and Dejong bring and how far they can take us.  Watching him these last few games with Van he seems very comfortable/aggressive and is playing as well as Dejong/Adekugbe ever did there.  

45 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

I dont think starting ZBG, Adekugbe, Dejong, Corodva (soon Godinho) etc is holding back.  Those guys need to get game time to mesh with the rest of the attack,  I doubt we ever see Millar at RB again, and Davies (IMHO) should be upfront, and would have done more playing there.  I dont think it was a major problem last time (Dominica) but as the opposition gets stiffer shouldnt we start to play guys in position and work on polishing up a real starting 11?  

I suspect we haven't seen the last of RWB Millar and LWB Davies.

It's not where I would play them, but I can only assume this is what John wants. We aren't exactly short on wingbacks, so it wasn't injury cover. I think he just wants to get all of the best players on the field to be honest.

4 hours ago, BenFisk'sBiggestFan said:

Fixed your post...

Or you should say, Fisk-ed my post. ;)<_<

Also awesome you picked the last person I put in my list. I couldn't decide who to put in to make 23 and went with Aird as he has been starting most games in Scotland. Fisk is a good left field call. 

4 hours ago, shamrock said:

Saint Kitts is currently two spots behind us in Nations League qualifying, having scored only two less goals than us.

They also tied Nicaragua 0-0 not too long ago.

Might want to take this one a little more seriously than the last two.

Sure, take this one a bit more seriously, but the fact that we have to is an indictment of our quality.  St. K&N is still ranked 134 in the world, is made up of amateur and lower league players and has a population similar to the metropolis of North Bay.  We are not talking about the Caribbean version of Iceland.   

The fact that there is a feeling we need to take this seriously (even somewhat) demonstrates how far removed we are from competing with the top teams in CONCACAF.  If we can't go into Basseterre with our B team and completely dominate, we shouldn't be aspiring to be in the A league.  Not saying we should use our B team (if we had one), and I get that we don't play friendlies, so it is important to work on cohesion, etc., but the U20s should be with the U20s.

11 minutes ago, kacbru said:

Sure, take this one a bit more seriously, but the fact that we have to is an indictment of our quality.  St. K&N is still ranked 134 in the world, is made up of amateur and lower league players and has a population similar to the metropolis of North Bay.  We are not talking about the Caribbean version of Iceland.   

The fact that there is a feeling we need to take this seriously (even somewhat) demonstrates how far removed we are from competing with the top teams in CONCACAF.  If we can't go into Basseterre with our B team and completely dominate, we shouldn't be aspiring to be in the A league.  Not saying we should use our B team (if we had one), and I get that we don't play friendlies, so it is important to work on cohesion, etc., but the U20s should be with the U20s.

We should win.  But we are where we are and we have to accept this.  

If you don’t take a game like this seriously and we draw or lose, then the recriminations will be awful.

28 minutes ago, JamboAl said:

If you don’t take a game like this seriously and we draw or lose, then the recriminations will be awful.

Exactly. It doesn't matter who we play and where they are ranked in these games it is incredibly important we win and professionally. 

It's not a measure of where we are at its a measure of what we have to do. Any game is a potential banana skin if you don't treat opponents with the proper respect. 

With this set up the stakes are high. We need to win every game or we spend more years trying to get in the nation's league we want and the gold cup. 

We have history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. The paranoia is real. I would also expect any larger higher ranked nations fans to have concerns in similar situations. There are never any guarantees in football.

St Kitts are much stronger than USVI or Dominica who practically had 1 player each who could cause problems 

They have six pros ⤵️ The rest on their domestic league 

• GK - Julani Archibald | Club: W-Connection (T&T ??)

• CDM/CB - Lois Maynard| Club: Salford City (National League ???????)

• DF/MF - Gerard Williams | Club: W-Connection (T&T ??)

• MF - Atiba Harris | Club: OKC Energy (USL ??)

• MF - Omari Sterling James | Club: Mansfield Town FC (League Two ???????)

• MF - Romaine Sawyers | Club: Brentford FC (English Championships ???????)

Honourable mention: 

• MF - Yohannes Mitchum | Club: Puebla FC U-20 (Liga MX ??)

• Burlington’s Justin Springer | Vaughn Azurri @ League 1 Ontario, University of Guelph Graduate. Former PDL KW United player ~ defender ?? 

8 hours ago, shamrock said:

National league isn't pro. Neither is L1O. So basically they have a few in lower league England, plus a couple at W-connection. If we're scared for that, we have no business at any WC. 

Nobody is scared of Saint Kitts and Nevis.

Archived