Gold Cup 2019

4 minutes ago, Ngravs said:

Madness in NJ, I don’t know who I want to play anymore?!??

I went into this oddly finding myself wanting CR, just because they looked poor against Nicaragua, even though they won 4-1. Never saw the game but Bermuda gave them trouble. 

Then mid-game, I thought CR may give us trouble with their composure and their advantage in experience relative to us. Meanwhile, I was thinking we should be able to play through Haiti and deal with their athleticism better than CR has.

And I stand by that. Even though Haiti are showing how slow and vurnable the CR defense is, I'll still take a match with Haiti. Glad to see this unfolding.

Edited by Obinna

Just now, Obinna said:

I went into this oddly finding myself wanting CR, just because they looked poor against Nicaragua, even though they won 4-1. Never saw the game but Bermuda gave them trouble. 

Then mid-game, I thought CR may give us trouble, while we should be able to play through Haiti and deal with their athleticism better than CR has.

So even though Haiti are showing how slow and vurnable the CR defense is, I'll still take a match with Haiti.

Yeah I think Costa Rica matches up better against Mexico with the possession game they play.

Just now, SpursFlu said:

I genuinely feel Haiti is a better team. Way too strong and physical. Costa Rica cant live with them right now

I'm thinking Haiti is a better match up for us than Costa Rica, but I do agree that Haiti look to be the better team than CR. 

CR have better footballers, but Haiti match up with them well. Ticos can't deal with their athleticism, but we'll be fine.

3 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Haiti has so much speed and strength we’re going to have to be solid at the back. Definitely hope Herdman doesn’t sleep on them.

I think Costa Rica might have taken them lightly, I don't think we will make that mistake  at all. Also credit to the Haitian manager, every sub was impactful on the match. 

Edited by apbsmith