Gold Cup 2019

Traditionally yes but Panama has the most cake in CAmerica nowadays. Also a larger and faster growing population. Soccer is also relatively new comparatively speaking and their domestic league is just getting their ish together. Who is Panamas fa sponsor? Huawai huh. Costa Rica just needs a canal

Edited by SpursFlu

4 minutes ago, SpursFlu said:

Traditionally yes but Panama has the most cake in CAmerica nowadays. Also a larger and faster growing population. Soccer is also relatively new comparatively speaking and their domestic league is just getting their ish together. Who is Panamas fa sponsor? Huawai huh. Costa Rica just needs a canal

Oh yeah for sure, I'm saying they're both "rich" by Central American standards. (And for different reasons; the history of the region is fascinating.) Panama quite a lot.

1 hour ago, SpursFlu said:

Yah people don't realize but Google image Panama City.. you might think for a moment your looking at Dubai 

It felt very much like Hong Kong mixed with Miami when I visited there in 2012.

11 hours ago, BuzzAndSting said:

Beat Honduras? Didn’t we beat them during WCQ 2018?

Oh wow yes - the bum goal you’re right! 

I guess I should say “eliminate” Honduras.  Damn, I wonder what that feels like.

Edited by CanadaFan123

41 minutes ago, Stryker911 said:

I believe with that result, Curacao actually passes us in the FIFA rankings. We should take it back by beating Cuba though.

Interestingly enough if the format stays the same (from the 2018 WC qualifiers) 8th place and 9th place would be a “big” difference as they would play an extra round against an inferior opponent. I previously would’ve hoped for this extra round but now I hope that we would schedule a friendly against a stronger opponent instead.  

1 hour ago, Ngravs said:

Interestingly enough if the format stays the same (from the 2018 WC qualifiers) 8th place and 9th place would be a “big” difference as they would play an extra round against an inferior opponent. I previously would’ve hoped for this extra round but now I hope that we would schedule a friendly against a stronger opponent instead.  

But I thought it was the June rankings that were being using??? Which I believe has us 8th, I think...

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Welshmen and Dover make the Guyana starting 11 again. This time against Panama.

Match starts in about 20 minutes.

Dover draws a penalty which Danns convert to draw Guyana level with Panama in the 1st half. Their first ever Gold Cup goal