Jonathan David

Vince193

Most of the Villa rumours I find also have the caveat that he’s very expensive and that Moussa Dembele on a free seems to be a more likely move. 

57 minutes ago, frmr said:

Reminder that David's agent said that he would only move to a top 13 (?) club in the world. I don't expect that he would change that now that he's having his best season of his career.

I don’t think so either, but at this point, who’s left? He’s also said recently he can’t picture himself anywhere but England. Unless the saudis toss Lille a bag to have him come to Newcastle, it’s very hard to find a club fit, before you even get into the question of his high fee.

8 hours ago, InglewoodJack said:

Most of the Villa rumours I find also have the caveat that he’s very expensive and that Moussa Dembele on a free seems to be a more likely move. 

I don’t think so either, but at this point, who’s left? He’s also said recently he can’t picture himself anywhere but England. Unless the saudis toss Lille a bag to have him come to Newcastle, it’s very hard to find a club fit, before you even get into the question of his high fee.

I like the Newcastle move, seems like the Saudis have unlimited funds.

47 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

Their strikers are Isak, Callum Wilson and Allan Saint-Maximin. And Saint-Maximin has 1 goal in 12 appearances this season.

I think David would play and possibly start if he scored a few goals.

I agree, with the price they're going to pay for him, he definitely would be given the opportunity to succeed.

55 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Lost 1-0. Subbed out late in the second half

In a team game, it's pretty harsh to pin a loss on one player, but Lille's Cabella basically lost that game single-handedly. In a short stretch in the first half he shot tamely wide after JD set him up for what should've been a routine finish, then played Nice in on a two-man break on the Lille goal with a horrific touch as the last defender, leading to the game's only goal.

15 minutes ago, SthMelbRed said:

In a team game, it's pretty harsh to pin a loss on one player, but Lille's Cabella basically lost that game single-handedly. In a short stretch in the first half he shot tamely wide after JD set him up for what should've been a routine finish, then played Nice in on a two-man break on the Lille goal with a horrific touch as the last defender, leading to the game's only goal.

Yet David was subbed out before him. 

On 1/29/2023 at 9:34 AM, SthMelbRed said:

Didn't see this one. That's a shame, Cabella has been their most exciting player in the games I've watched

2 hours ago, ob1 said:

I had the choice between sticking pins in my eye or watching Lille attempt to play football. 

so ya, I missed this game this week as well. 

Not so lucky.  It wasn't terrible to be honest but it preceded the Celtic match so I could be grading on a curve.

David could have got one in the 2nd but nope.   Great goal by Jota up north.