Jonathan David

Vince193

Would love to see this happen. Bayern hasn't filled the RL yet - why not fill it with David? Would probably cost them 40-50M, I assume. Consdiering what they've spent on players like Lucas Hernandez, wouldn't be terrible business for them.

20 minutes ago, Canuckistan2019 said:

Oh god he would be the perfect striker for Bayern 

If he goes there I would love to see JD put on the same physical conditioning program as guys like Phonzie and Goretzka.  If he got stronger in terms of holding off defenders and a bit faster he would be frightening.  I think his tendency to go down easy is a product of not being able to hold defenders off - so he looks for the calls.   

Watching Lille play has been my most depressing football content of the last few years. Everything about this way of doing the game is a downer.

I am pretty sure if he could just find a coach playing a style with passes that make sense and a bit more insistency he'd be a major scorer, even more than now.

1 minute ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Watching Lille play has been my most depressing football content of the last few years. Everything about this way of doing the game is a downer.

I am pretty sure if he could just find a coach playing a style with passes that make sense and a bit more insistency he'd be a major scorer, even more than now.

Its the main reason why I want him to move to a big club.

He would flourish with actual sevice.

3 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

If he goes there I would love to see JD put on the same physical conditioning program as guys like Phonzie and Goretzka.  If he got stronger in terms of holding off defenders and a bit faster he would be frightening.  I think his tendency to go down easy is a product of not being able to hold defenders off - so he looks for the calls.   

He's been doing this since his Gent days. To me he's clearly playing for the foul, always.

Perhaps this is a product of his days as a youth player playing senior ball in Ottawa. When you play senior ball as a youth player, you pick up little tricks from adults that you never would learn in youth soccer (speaking from my own experience).

I suspect playing senior ball in Ottawa as a youth player is how he picked up his incredible movement off the ball, too. 

My flight last night was showing the prem games that were on, so I caught a bit of Everton-Brighton, and man was it ever a good choice for JD to turn down Everton. I haven’t watched them much this season, but they look like they’re tanking for that first overall the way they pretty much gave up after half time.

I do want him to go to England though. I’m still shopping for a prem team and I’ll likely just support wherever he ends up. Having trouble gravitating towards any particular team.

Edited by InglewoodJack

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

My flight last night was showing the prem games that were on, so I caught a bit of Everton-Brighton, and man was it ever a good choice for JD to turn down Everton. I haven’t watched them much this season, but they look like they’re tanking for that first overall the way they pretty much gave up after half time.

I do want him to go to England though. I’m still shopping for a prem team and I’ll likely just support wherever he ends up. Having trouble gravitating towards any particular team.

Sounds like he has his heart set on England as well. With Gakpo spoken for, it seems like Mudryk is the top attacking target, and David probably isn't too far behind. Currently Arsenal and Chelsea in the race for Mudryk so it's possible whoever doesn't get him will go for David. United seem pretty intent on Felix. Things change so quickly though, who knows how it will all pan out. I kind of hope Chelsea get Mudryk from under Arsenal's nose and David goes to Arsenal. I think he's definitely an upgrade on Nketiah.

1 hour ago, InglewoodJack said:

Newcastle?