Jonathan David

Vince193

Gakpo to Liverpool is probably good for JD. I don’t think they ever had any David interest, but a few of the teams I hear have interest in him also were interested in Gakpo, so that’s one fewer transfer rival.

Also, apparently JD is the second highest U23 goal scorer in Europe after Haaland apparently. 3rd is Vlahovic who has like 25 fewer goals than JD, I was surprised to see that.

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Watch him end up at Newcastle 

More and more I am thinking Newcastle (or something similar) is going to be the move for him. I would prefer the likes of Napoli, Inter or AC Milan (all the clubs that Tajon is getting linked with now, ironically), but if he's serious about the Premier League that's not going to happen. Ditto for Real Madrid, although I cannot see how David would say no to such a club. 

Chelsea, Manchester United, Tottenham and Arsenal (in that order) feel more remote than likely given the lack of chatter for each club. Liverpool hasn't been linked to him for some time now, and Manchester City were never linked to him at any stage. Who is left? Newcastle may be the next best option.

And it wouldn't be a bad option in my opinion. They are 2nd right now after 16 games. I have watched them play 0 times this season, so I cannot speak to how they line up and what not, but if David wants to go to the Premier League and (actually) play for a club with a realistic shot of Europe, what better opportunity for him is there?

3 hours ago, Obinna said:

More and more I am thinking Newcastle (or something similar) is going to be the move for him. I would prefer the likes of Napoli, Inter or AC Milan (all the clubs that Tajon is getting linked with now, ironically), but if he's serious about the Premier League that's not going to happen. Ditto for Real Madrid, although I cannot see how David would say no to such a club. 

Chelsea, Manchester United, Tottenham and Arsenal (in that order) feel more remote than likely given the lack of chatter for each club. Liverpool hasn't been linked to him for some time now, and Manchester City were never linked to him at any stage. Who is left? Newcastle may be the next best option.

And it wouldn't be a bad option in my opinion. They are 2nd right now after 16 games. I have watched them play 0 times this season, so I cannot speak to how they line up and what not, but if David wants to go to the Premier League and (actually) play for a club with a realistic shot of Europe, what better opportunity for him is there?

I haven't seen Newcastle this year, well maybe months ago, but the point is: he has to go somewhere where he'll get service, in the sense of those passes into the channels he likes to move in. We are not talking about crosses or corners or all that nonsense, he needs a ball to his foot when he is finding space, facing goal. He needs mids, or a strike partner, he can work with. 

I wonder what his motivation is by saying that about EPL, since obviously in terms of making an important next step, any top team in any of the four best leagues would be a step up, including in terms of salary. You normally don't want to stop lines of bidding, it is to your advantage for there to be teams bidding from different leagues. It also benefits Lille. It is as if he wanted to dissuade certain clubs from showing interest, which is counterproductive. 

Edited by Unnamed Trialist

7 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

They are playing a kid up top, Alan Virginius, who has very few appearances so far. Seems unnecessary since Weah and David both were out of the WC fairly early.

Somebody on here posted that they were on the same Doha to Montreal flight as him

Perhaps they gave him a mini Canadian holiday and he hasn't had many training sessions since returning. 

Will ease him back in

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Somebody on here posted that they were on the same Doha to Montreal flight as him

Perhaps they gave him a mini Canadian holiday and he hasn't had many training sessions since returning. 

Will ease him back in

True, but 5 days ago they tore Napoli apart and he was fine.

26 minutes ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

They are playing a kid up top, Alan Virginius, who has very few appearances so far. Seems unnecessary since Weah and David both were out of the WC fairly early.

It may indicate a deal is already imminent. This is Lille’s last game before the transfer window opens.