Jonathan David

Vince193

4 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

No idea why they took him off.   He looked hungry, was involved in a lot of offence, had good chances, and clearly would be a guy you want on the pitch for PKs.  Seemed like a n odd decision to me.  

League game on Sunday, probably. A win + a Rennes loss puts them in Europa Conference qualifiers. 

I think they’re also very high on Virginius as the David replacement.

Edited by InglewoodJack

1 minute ago, InglewoodJack said:

League game on Sunday, probably. A win + a Rennes loss puts them in Europa Conference qualifiers. 

I think they’re also very high on Virginius as the David replacement.

Sure, but a trophy is a trophy.  Not sure 20 less minutes for JD is worth increasing your chances of getting knocked out.   

I understand when players get subbed when they aren’t playing well.  But he looked like he was pretty effective today.   

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

Sure, but a trophy is a trophy.  Not sure 20 less minutes for JD is worth increasing your chances of getting knocked out.   

I understand when players get subbed when they aren’t playing well.  But he looked like he was pretty effective today.   

Right, and I would agree with you, especially because they took him off while the game was a draw, but I also think they're very high on Virginius too. Wouldn't have been my call, especially with the game going to PKs, but you're going to have to rest him at some point, and I guess it was either today, in a cup match, or later this week during a match that could heavily impact your season.