Jonathan David

Vince193

On 4/28/2024 at 11:13 AM, PegCityCam said:

Nice run of play and definitely gets the assist.

First touch was a bit heavy but his second touch was very subtle.  Moved it just far enough away from the defender to allow his third touch to be a perfect weight into the path.  David's awareness to time his pull away and be available for the pass is top notch.

On 4/30/2024 at 7:01 PM, InglewoodJack said:

Left Portugal last week, so none, but between us, the ones in Little Portugal here in Montreal are every bit as good as the ones in Lisbon. 

Sounds a bit like what I told my Italian Erasmus students yesterday, that thanks to Starbucks they were finally getting decent Italian coffee.

On 4/30/2024 at 11:05 AM, InglewoodJack said:

I think that Griezmann has openly said multiple times that he is planning to retire in MLS as he loves the US- I imagine within 2-3 years he will be a member of the Galaxy or Miami, if Messi does indeed return to Young Boys. 

It will probably be by this summer if anything. 

3 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

I love this...David as a captain but I hope this leads to him staying at Lille then 

Just curious why you would want to see him stay there? It's a decent level, but don't you think he's capable of producing at a higher level?

Just now, jdheid said:

Just curious why you would want to see him stay there? It's a decent level, but don't you think he's capable of producing at a higher level?

Yeah he is capable of more but I just feel that if David stays at Lille, he'll be able to produce more and more for that club you know? He's just cementing himself as a mainstay at that club with all the goals he's scoring

9 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Yeah he is capable of more but I just feel that if David stays at Lille, he'll be able to produce more and more for that club you know? He's just cementing himself as a mainstay at that club with all the goals he's scoring

Nothing wrong with being a club legend, but the Aston Villa rumours excite me. I want to see him shine on the biggest stage possible.

34 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Watching Udinese (Kone?) and Napoli (David?) waiting for Lille to start.  

Napoli trying to stay in Europe and Udinese trying to get out of the relegation zone. Early doors but neither look very sharp.  

David to Serie A is intriguing but if that happens, he needs to join Inter Milan or AC Milan

Not watching but glad Lille is winning, 2-0 first half. This will push them into 3rd spot. 

Better if he is going to leave for the team to be left in a good spot, in Europe, with everyone pleased with his and the team's play. Fonseca as well, another who is touted for so many coaching jobs around Europe.

Looking at their year stats, they score first very often, often being tied late. They've lost points in matches too much. They have the 2nd best defense, better than PSG, but only around the 6th offense. David gets about a third of the team's goals.

Another big game another 0 in the goal column for David. Was really expecting more when I saw the scores ended 4-3.

What happened here folks? David didn't get the chances, or didn't convert them? Sounds like the former...