Stephen Eustaquio

This is just Stupid ! The CSA better schedule some games! We have young talented players that need to play. Why would a player play for us when we don't play games. We have a low ranking, fans are excited for soccer. We have two indoor stadiums let's use them ! Jesus this is Bullshit! 

people wonder why The CSA is really poor and the US rich, the main reason they hosts games for themselves and others and they sell out ! 

Iceland was just over in China playing against Mexico and others - everyone says we should copy what icelands does, well they play against good teams and they play a lot !

The US losing out on  Qualifying for the World Cup and now they are playing  Portugal. 

Sorry, this is just  frustrating !

Edited by SpecialK

2 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

This is just Stupid ! The CSA better schedule some games! We have young talented players that need to play. Why would a player play for us when we don't play games. We have a low ranking, fans are excited for soccer. We have two indoor stadiums let's use them ! Jesus this is Bullshit! 

people wonder why The CSA is really poor and the US rich, the main reason they hosts games for themselves and others and they sell out ! 

Iceland was just over in China playing against Mexico and others - everyone says we should copy what icelands does, well they play against good teams and they play a lot !

The US losing out on  Qualifying for the World Cup and now they are playing  Portugal. 

Sorry, this is just  frustrating !

Don't be a little bitch.

It’s only U21, so he won’t be capped. He seems proudly Canadian. This could help us because he’s going to be playing and training with good players and against good  competition. I just hope Canada jumps on him quick after his time and he gets called up to the senior team, we need another CM badly. 

Man we need some games! Come on CSA  organize some games 

2 hours ago, SpecialK said:

It’s only U21, so he won’t be capped. He seems proudly Canadian. This could help us because he’s going to be playing and training with good players and against good  competition. I just hope Canada jumps on him quick after his time and he gets called up to the senior team, we need another CM badly. 

Man we need some games! Come on CSA  organize some games 

If he's played competitive matches for our youth teams, then he would have to apply for his one time switch to play for Portugal, in which case he's probably already gone if he's accepted their call up.

32 minutes ago, A_Gagne said:

If he's played competitive matches for our youth teams, then he would have to apply for his one time switch to play for Portugal, in which case he's probably already gone if he's accepted their call up.

I don't think he has ever play for Canada's youth teams, his brother did though , It's funnny his brother who was born in  Portugal played for Canada and he was born Ontario and he's now playing for  Portugal. 

6 hours ago, Mike Thompson said:

I am confident Stephen will play for us in the end 

¡Mark my words! 

Yeah probably. It's just very unfortunate that for his career, being a Portugal youth player is more appealing that being a Canadian (youth) player. The gap between Portugal youth and MNT is soo big I'm not too worried either. Still sucks though.

4 hours ago, shamrock said:

Yeah probably. It's just very unfortunate that for his career, being a Portugal youth player is more appealing that being a Canadian (youth) player. The gap between Portugal youth and MNT is soo big I'm not too worried either. Still sucks though.

He's not eligible for any Canadian youth teams anymore, not any meaningful ones anyway.

4 hours ago, shamrock said:

Hard to say as it sounds like he was never selected for a Canada youth team? After watching  game highlights  dont think he developed his skills only in the past year. CSA are doing a poor job scouting our youth. We saw this recently when TFC had an insane number of players on the U17 team. Oz recently stated in an interview that we need to improve scouting of players and  submitted a plan to the CSA for approval. This and the fact that we need better coaches/mangers for our youth teams. Our performances recently have been very poor. Does take money. We need some big corporate sponsors to come on board. 

29 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

U23 and Olympic team 

Just for friendlies.  The Olympic cut off is 97 birth year.

this is just frustrating because we put ourselves in a situation to do absolutely nothing.  We have a small pool as is so it's really unacceptable to have this guy called before us.. not every day you have a player open to playing for us.

See  this is where 2 games per window would be great. The CSA could go with One games vs weak team and another vs a strong team/equal to us. We can call 35+ players to camp and have the younger players play the weak team with one or two regular players and the regular players play against the strong team with one or two young players on the squad for that game. 

I can't believe the CSA broke their promise of playing in every FIFA window. 

Edited by SpecialK

He was in a U-17 camp years ago.  His brother was playing for canadian youth teams, and for the Eddies.  CSA knew about him.  Before 6months ago was anyone here talking about him??  When we we going to call him up this summer??  If he got called to the Gold Cup, the screams would be heard from Gandor to Penticton.   Lets try and have some realistic expectations here.  While we were all pining for Crisante, and Ferrira (long shots) etc, this guy is getting away.  And whos to say if this is the kiss of death....Bustos came back after being invited to another countries camp.  How could he turn it down??  

1 hour ago, SpecialK said:

See  this is where 2 games per window would be great. The CSA could go with One games vs weak team and another vs a strong team/equal to us. We can call 35+ players to camp and have the younger players play the weak team with one or two regular players and the regular players play against the strong team with one or two young players on the squad for that game. 

I can't believe the CSA broke their promise of playing in every FIFA window. 

When was this?

52 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

He was in a U-17 camp years ago.  His brother was playing for canadian youth teams, and for the Eddies.  CSA knew about him.  Before 6months ago was anyone here talking about him??  When we we going to call him up this summer??  If he got called to the Gold Cup, the screams would be heard from Gandor to Penticton.   Lets try and have some realistic expectations here.  While we were all pining for Crisante, and Ferrira (long shots) etc, this guy is getting away.  And whos to say if this is the kiss of death....Bustos came back after being invited to another countries camp.  How could he turn it down??  

He could have been called in for the game against El Salvador? No cap tie, but it would have been acknowledgement and recognition.  We had a number of USL players on the squad. Again, I don't think that he developed his skills overnight. If the CSA are relying on the Voyageurs to do their scouting we are going to continue to have players slip through.

28 minutes ago, Kadenge said:

He could have been called in for the game against El Salvador? No cap tie, but it would have been acknowledgement and recognition.  We had a number of USL players on the squad. Again, I don't think that he developed his skills overnight. If the CSA are relying on the Voyageurs to do their scouting we are going to continue to have players slip through.

This.  Sorry but he's certainly more deserving than some of the guys called to the past 2 matches... awuah, Schweitzer even beland goyette and choiniere.

4 hours ago, Keegan said:

This.  Sorry but he's certainly more deserving than some of the guys called to the past 2 matches... awuah, Schweitzer even beland goyette and choiniere.

I remember alot of people calling for other players, but I dont remember Eustaquio coming up.  Hind site is always 20/20, and these camps are not just about trying to keep duals from jumping.  And besides, Awuah and Schwietzer are duals as well, if news broke they were going to jump ship guys would be complaining about that.  CSA and OZ just cant win.