IceCreamMan

Stephen Eustaquio

Great news. Let's hope he recovers from injury as strong as before. Brilliant signal to send to other duals - especially those playing for other countries.

Eustaquio, Kaye, and Piette... damn those are some good options to have for that defensive midfield role, and the best part is that despite playing the same position all 3 of them are vastly different players. Herdman has a lot of versatility now it seems depending on how he wishes to set the team up

Pumped to see this guy in CMNT kit! Wish him will in his recovery. Can't understate the importance of him playing week-in-week-out at Azteca either... extremely valuable experience come WCQ.

On 2/24/2019 at 2:13 PM, Northvansteve said:

Any chance the moderator could move this thread to the CMNT thread? I didn't even realize this Players thread existed until I searched for Stephen's thread.

Same. Move thread to where all the other player threads are housed.

Was it confirmed Eustaquio had a torn ACL and meniscus tear? I couldn't find confirmation outside of the speculation. 

That's a rough injury to come back from but hopefully he comes back ready for next season in Mexico!

2 hours ago, Yoginess said:

Was it confirmed Eustaquio had a torn ACL and meniscus tear? I couldn't find confirmation outside of the speculation. 

That's a rough injury to come back from but hopefully he comes back ready for next season in Mexico!

Having trouble linking it easily but I think it's confirmed in this edition of the newspaper La Jornada from March 14. Eight months to heal from a left knee operation it suggests:

https://issuu.com/lajornadaonline/docs/diario14032019.pdf-3

On 3/27/2019 at 6:49 PM, BuzzAndSting said:

Adrian Peterson returned to the NFL after just nine months and he tore both his ACL and MCL.

I mean, when you quote the most historically fast and unprecedented ACL recovery back to high level sports it's more the exception that proves the rule. 

I'm 4.5 months into the recovery myself, I can already tell the biggest challenge getting back will be mental not physical.  

10 minutes ago, Yoginess said:

I mean, when you quote the most historically fast and unprecedented ACL recovery back to high level sports it's more the exception that proves the rule. 

I'm 4.5 months into the recovery myself, I can already tell the biggest challenge getting back will be mental not physical.  

I had a complete tear of my ACL and was back to running within 3 months. Point is there is no rules, every recovery is different, so who knows when he’ll be back.

Everyone is running at three months. That's never the issue. I hope he comes back quick but my expectations are for him to take 3-4 months after being cleared to play to actually get to a point that will impact our NT. Though the way it works out that might be the 3 months from when we beat the US in November and when we play the NL finals in March.